Options

DMB doing live concerts this summer outdoors - why not Pearl Jam ???

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:
    Since this is DMB...

Today is the 25th anniversary of Crash being released.  They played the Classic Amphitheater here in Richmond to celebrate, memorialized by the amazing Live Trax 4. 

I couldn't imagine seeing them today in such a small venue.  Crash really launched them into the stratosphere. 

Love that show. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    For those wondering about any restrictions, as of now it is being left up to the venue and that’s where people are being told to keep checking. Venues also have the right to change seating and also increase capacity.
    Not sure I understand the part of change seating.  If you had tickets for 2020 and they rolled over to 2021, from my understanding those are your seats.  I don't think it means you'll get there and they put you somewhere else.
    Airlines will change planes/flight times, and seats. I assume there is some fine print in the concert tickets that allows them to do something similar. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    mrussel1 said:
    Since this is DMB...

Today is the 25th anniversary of Crash being released.  They played the Classic Amphitheater here in Richmond to celebrate, memorialized by the amazing Live Trax 4. 

I couldn't imagine seeing them today in such a small venue.  Crash really launched them into the stratosphere. 
    God, I remember the anticipation I had waiting for Crashes release. It was a beautiful spring. I played that album every god damn day. And was playing R2T and UTTAD and whatever boots I had incessantly. That was my senior year of HS and basically everyone was into DMB at my school. There was even a student organized senior trip to Tinley Park to see them the summer after graduation. Best summer. 

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    mrussel1 said:
    Since this is DMB...

God, I remember the anticipation I had waiting for Crashes release. It was a beautiful spring. I played that album every god damn day. And was playing R2T and UTTAD and whatever boots I had incessantly. That was my senior year of HS and basically everyone was into DMB at my school. There was even a student organized senior trip to Tinley Park to see them the summer after graduation. Best summer. 

That's awesome.  Living where I do, everyone has a story about seeing them at Flood Zone, or Trax before they made it big.  My wife went to UR and they would go see him almost weekly, although she probably barely paid attention.  She had no idea what she was witnessing.  I lived in Tampa during that era and didn't move here until 2000, when they were massive.  Still, he plays his Charlottesville shows and is good to the community.  My son is actually friends with Stella Matthews, one of his twins.  They are same age and go to school near each other.  He doesn't let on as to how big of a fan he is of her father.  He said that would be creepy. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Since this is DMB...

That's awesome.  Living where I do, everyone has a story about seeing them at Flood Zone, or Trax before they made it big.  My wife went to UR and they would go see him almost weekly, although she probably barely paid attention.  She had no idea what she was witnessing.  I lived in Tampa during that era and didn't move here until 2000, when they were massive.  Still, he plays his Charlottesville shows and is good to the community.  My son is actually friends with Stella Matthews, one of his twins.  They are same age and go to school near each other.  He doesn't let on as to how big of a fan he is of her father.  He said that would be creepy. 
    Yeah, good move. Play it cool. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Since this is DMB...

Yeah, good move. Play it cool. 
    He better marry her, or he's out of the will. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    mrussel1 said:
    Since this is DMB...

I regret not seeing them when they played the local music bar at my University in 1994.