The coronavirus

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I get my 1st dose of either Moderno or Pfizer on Friday.

The registration for education workers does not open till May 6th and is only available for education workers who currently have contact with students.  Our schools are online with the exception of special Ed.  So this leads me to believe schools will stay online the remainder of the year…but who knows, The way this province is being run makes me think ole Doug Ford has found his brother Robs old crack stash and has been indulging.

I went through the local health unit…they are doing 50+ now.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4916967001

FDA set to approve the Pfizer vaccine for ages 12-15 as early as next week
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited May 2021
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2021/05/03/ashish-jha-herd-immunity/amp

Good read on why not reaching a herd immunity threshold isn’t as big of a disaster as some may feel it is, and why even herd immunity isn’t a miracle solution that will magically end coronavirus

He also states in some of his other tweets that he feels reaching the 50% vaccinated as a country threshold will cause a sharp decline in cases and transmission.  The USA won’t achieve the what is now expected to be 80% for herd immunity, but we are on the verge (and in some states already there) of hitting the 50% mark
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2021/05/03/ashish-jha-herd-immunity/amp

Good read on why not reaching a herd immunity threshold isn’t as big of a disaster as some may feel it is, and why even herd immunity isn’t a miracle solution that will magically end coronavirus

He also states in some of his other tweets that he feels reaching the 50% vaccinated as a country threshold will cause a sharp decline in cases and transmission.  The USA won’t achieve the what is now expected to be 80% for herd immunity, but we are on the verge (and in some states already there) of hitting the 50% mark
    I don't think it's a disaster, particularly if the virus continues to be fatal to the unvaccinated.

It could help eradicate the real disease infecting our nation through the process of natural selection.

"Some people should die; that's just unconscious knowledge."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    dankind said:

I don't think it's a disaster, particularly if the virus continues to be fatal to the unvaccinated.

It could help eradicate the real disease infecting our nation through the process of natural selection.

"I'm in the midst of a trauma, leave a message and I'll call you back"

Agree 100%. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    dankind said:

Can I just say that I have not bought that on vinyl because they left off Pigs in Zen.  So annoying to leave off the best song on the record. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited May 2021
    Daily Memes Archives - Page 126 of 378 - Politically Incorrect Humor

Hey I’ll drive a hundred miles an hour into your rain, wanna play?

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    dankind said:

I thought that type of humor was not allowed ;)
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html

"Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

Instead, they are coming to the conclusion that rather than making a long-promised exit, the virus will most likely become a manageable threat that will continue to circulate in the United States for years to come, still causing hospitalizations and deaths but in much smaller numbers."

Exceptional!
    Sad and pathetic.  People choosing their own demise.  

First doses have fallen off a cliff, down by over half, and this is right after vaccines became available to young adults. Remember the good old days of 2019 when it was thought the Bernie and AOC wings of the political spectrum were perceived as caring about the planet? Not so much anymore.

With vaccines flatlining and major areas like NY reopening, it seems this is the tolerated level of covid, about 500 daily deaths and 50k cases. 

It will be just one more thing that could end us rather quickly. But in this case it tougher to address, it’s not as simple as driving slower, eating healthier or less sugar. 40 percent of the country has spoken and they don’t give a fk.

porch section is gung ho for large concerts ASAP . The irony is going to shows will be like playing Russian roulette with the longer term vaccine effectiveness and my neighbor not giving a damn. It funny remembering the Hyde show they just streamed for free, with Ed interrupting the show often, telling is to take care of our neighbors. Entirely new world now, Ed.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

"Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

Instead, they are coming to the conclusion that rather than making a long-promised exit, the virus will most likely become a manageable threat that will continue to circulate in the United States for years to come, still causing hospitalizations and deaths but in much smaller numbers."

Exceptional!

First doses have fallen off a cliff, down by over half, and this is right after vaccines became available to young adults. Remember the good old days of 2019 when it was thought the Bernie and AOC wings of the political spectrum were perceived as caring about the planet? Not so much anymore.

With vaccines flatlining and major areas like NY reopening, it seems this is the tolerated level of covid, about 500 daily deaths and 50k cases. 

It will be just one more thing that could end us rather quickly. But in this case it tougher to address, it’s not as simple as driving slower, eating healthier or less sugar. 40 percent of the country has spoken and they don’t give a fk.

porch section is gung ho for large concerts ASAP . The irony is going to shows will be like playing Russian roulette with the longer term vaccine effectiveness and my neighbor not giving a damn. It funny remembering the Hyde show they just streamed for free, with Ed interrupting the show often, telling is to take care of our neighbors. Entirely new world now, Ed.
    But they're doing it for the planet. You don't have student loan debt, can't consume nor add to the GHG emissions if you're dead and buried, particularly in a green burial ground. Wasn't there a song? WWS a few albums ago?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Exceptional!

That is a terrible comparison. Going to a show fully vaccinated is the same as playing Russian roulette? 
    dankind said:

Humor?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Exceptional!

Oh so you have empirical data that this is being driven by the Sanders Cortez wing of the dem party? Where’d you get that?  Last I heard over half of republicans that were polled said they weren’t getting the vaccine, because mah rights.  Turns out it was just young left leaning Dems all along. Lol
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Exceptional!

Oh so you have empirical data that this is being driven by the Sanders Cortez wing of the dem party? Where’d you get that?  Last I heard over half of republicans that were polled said they weren’t getting the vaccine, because mah rights.  Turns out it was just young left leaning Dems all along. Lol
    Fuggin libz
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Exceptional!

18 to 40 yo's just admitted to vaccine eligibility, and it went from a six week wait in NY to they can’t give it away with walk in access. Can’t prove it’s young adults, can’t I?
    PJNB said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Exceptional!

That is a terrible comparison. Going to a show fully vaccinated is the same as playing Russian roulette? 

I agree It’s not the best, but we will not know when the vaccine starts to lose effectiveness until it does and we are out of luck. And it’s likely to occur at events that test the virus the most.
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Exceptional!

18 to 40 yo's just admitted to vaccine eligibility, and it went from a six week wait in NY to they can’t give it away with walk in access. Can’t prove it’s young adults, can’t I?
    That's not evidence.  There's an old saying in stats.. correlation not causation.  

It's not to say that younger adults won't have a lower vaccine rate than older adults, but your statement is not direct evidence of it.  Nor is it nationwide.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    dankind said:

People are fed up now.  1% infection rate in NY.  Everything is opening back up the 17th this month.

You aren't going to find a bunch of gung-ho people that are wearing a mask or even vaccinating now if they weren't before.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    edited May 2021
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    dankind said:

People are fed up now.  1% infection rate in NY.  Everything is opening back up the 17th this month.

You aren't going to find a bunch of gung-ho people that are wearing a mask or even vaccinating now if they weren't before.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Humor?
    You’re right, it should be “humour” 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

People are fed up.  :lol:   

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Military installation near me had 1,500 shots to give out on Saturday....  Gave out 160...  Gonna have to find more "carrots"...  The gig is almost up!
    Military installation near me had 1,500 shots to give out on Saturday....  Gave out 160...  Gonna have to find more "carrots"...  The gig is almost up!
    I feel the same about the polio "vaccine".. snark.  sure right.. it's a vaccine. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    So 1340 idiots

If you think the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus itself, you're an idiot. 

There's no two ways around it. 
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    So, how do we convince these people to get the shot?  Imagine spending $1Billion for vaccine confidence, yet they cannot find anyone to vaccinate anymore.  Somebody(ies) has made a whole lot of money in the past year...

https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/hr1319/BILLS-117hr1319enr.pdf
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    So 1340 idiots

If you think the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus itself, you're an idiot. 

Because name calling works!?!
    So 1340 idiots

I'm done trying to convince anyone of anything. 

& I stand by what I said, if you think the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus itself, you're an idiot. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    So 1340 idiots

I'm done trying to convince anyone of anything. 

& I stand by what I said, if you think the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus itself, you're an idiot. 
    As Eddie once said, "fuck those tomorrow people."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.