Discogs Question

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
I bought and paid for a white stripes box set. The seller has come back asking for double the shipping payment I already made (20 british pounds). they claim they underestimated how much it weighed when they listed the item. 

thoughts?
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I bought and paid for a white stripes box set. The seller has come back asking for double the shipping payment I already made (20 british pounds). they claim they underestimated how much it weighed when they listed the item. 

thoughts?
    I guess if you think it's fair price for the shipping. But "m pretty sure you can pull back on teh sale and demand a refund.  

Which box was it?
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    I’d say that’s a their problem not a your problem. Once the payment has bern accepted it’s a done deal. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited May 2021
    I've eaten shipping costs on every sales platform, sucks but if they listed incorrectly  they should honor or offer you a full refund.
    (And, at least that would give you the option to pay the extra if you wanted.)
    I only buy from US on discogs, generally.  Shipping can be tough when crossing borders.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I've eaten shipping costs on every sales platform, sucks but if they listed incorrectly  they should honor or offer you a full refund.
    I only buy from US on discogs, generally.  Shipping can be tough when crossing borders.
    Yeah only one have I bought oversees and that was for a difficult to find Some Girls. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:

thoughts?
    I guess if you think it's fair price for the shipping. But "m pretty sure you can pull back on teh sale and demand a refund.  

Which box was it?
    Under Great White Norther Lights. I have always hummed and hawed about this box, but it's beautiful, and of course contains the Wheels On The Bus 7" that happened in my city the day of the show. And the 10th anniversary show DVD. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Horse2345 said:
    I’d say that’s a their problem not a your problem. Once the payment has bern accepted it’s a done deal. 
    i agree. I told the guy "honor the agreement or refund". we'll see what he says. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he said I needed to pay the extra 20 pounds to "complete the transaction". I didn't like the way it was worded, like he's some criminal changing the terms of the deal once he knew I wanted it. 

it was the weight of the box. to me, you list the wrong shipping amount, your problem. 

just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a dick. thanks folks!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    he said I needed to pay the extra 20 pounds to "complete the transaction". I didn't like the way it was worded, like he's some criminal changing the terms of the deal once he knew I wanted it. 

it was the weight of the box. to me, you list the wrong shipping amount, your problem. 

And we’re your barometer?

Dude.... :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    He literally could have checked online how much it weighed and ran it through a courier or Royal Mail website. Post Offices will even give you a figure for free. His fault. Some people on Discogs are opportunist thugs.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    dankind said:

And we’re your barometer?

Dude.... :lol:
    well, I still have to use SOME bar, no matter how low. :lol: 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    He literally could have checked online how much it weighed and ran it through a courier or Royal Mail website. Post Offices will even give you a figure for free. His fault. Some people on Discogs are opportunist thugs.
    More so- just be civil. No reason for him to be a dick. It’s honestly his error. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    At least he contacted you and didn’t just send it. I bought a record from a private seller on Amazon and when it arrived I had to pay the extra shipping. I didn’t know what it was, just got a note in my mailbox that an item was under shipped and to receive it I owed the difference. So I paid.
    they refunded my money and gave some explanation of discogs automated shipping calculation system. they were actually very apologetic, now I kind of feel like a dick. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

they refunded my money and gave some explanation of discogs automated shipping calculation system. they were actually very apologetic, now I kind of feel like a dick. LOL
    You're the worst. 
    mrussel1 said:
    You're the worst. 
    I try. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,406
    If I underestimate shipping (happened a few times - especially when it gets shipped to a wacky shipping zone, I will ask the buyer if they would mind splitting the difference.  Explain my error.  Most of the time the buyers are understanding and will do it.  If they don't want to do it, then I chalk it up to my Eff Up and learn from it. Shit happens. 

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    edited May 2021
    Prior to October 2020, you could actually add actual shipping after buyer adds to cart. Shipping fees afterwards had to be an exact amount, at least that’s how I see it. I lowered all my listings by $10-15 and just put in a flat rate shipping. I get fucked when multiple discs are purchased at once. When an international buyer inquires, I can add the country with exact shipping. Until I can figure it out, I’ll keep my shipping as is. My total prices are pretty much in the middle of the pack, unless I’m hesitant to sell something. 
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life