The National Football League

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    mrussel1 said:
    I think that's in poor taste.  A guilty verdict brings no one back. 

After the verdict was announced, Floyd’s family members emphasized the importance of the Senate passing the police reform measure. In an op-ed for The Washington Post on Wednesday, Philonise Floyd called on the Senate to “begin the work of transforming policing in the United States” by passing the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
    “What does justice feel like?” he wrote. “It feels like maybe we can finally take a breath.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited April 2021
    Sad news. Mongo McMichael has been diagnosed with ALS. He was interviewed about it by Jarrett Payton (Walter Payton's son)..

https://youtu.be/ND9PG3FzS4c

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Wonder where Aaron Rodgers is gonna play next year? 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    According to Facebook, the Brooklyn Nets.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Espn keeps playing The Pretender in the background during the draft.
    Odd choice - love the song but still a strange pick.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

jackson browne? can’t stand that guy.

good luck with your NDSU QB.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Foo Fighters.

Thanks - will see how it plays out but I'm glad they didn't draft Fields nor Jones, who is just a younger Jimmy G.
    Big risk - hope for big reward.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Yeah I kept wondering why they (ESPN and the music live at the draft in general) decided to play better music last night. Or at least rock music. Then it hit me that they were in Cleveland...rock and roll hall of fame. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Wobbie said:

jackson browne? can’t stand that guy.

This song Boomer...

https://youtu.be/SBjQ9tuuTJQ

This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Foo Fighters.

Thanks - will see how it plays out but I'm glad they didn't draft Fields nor Jones, who is just a younger Jimmy G.

whew! couldn’t see you being a fan of JB.

it was bitchin” that they opened with voodoo child.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Foo Fighters.

whew! couldn’t see you being a fan of JB.

it was bitchin” that they opened with voodoo child.

Yeah, that tune is good for pretty much everything.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    So Richard Sherman gonna Richard Sherman?  Gotta think his agent is pounding his head on the desk today.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    pjhawks said:
    So Richard Sherman gonna Richard Sherman?  Gotta think his agent is pounding his head on the desk today.
    Looks like he is also being investigated for a possible DUI charge as well…

Give Peas A Chance…
    pjhawks said:
    Looks like he is also being investigated for a possible DUI charge as well…

sounds like all connected. DUI, abandoned car and tried to get into the home of a relative. I'm guessing to hide from the DUI.  Cops sent  dogs to get him when outside the home.  Not a good look for him.
    The domestic violence reports are really fucked up if he tried to get in to the house to avoid the fuzz.
    Fleeing the scene is not good, and if he was driving drunk I certainly hate that, but putting out domestic violence if that is not what this is goes overboard and will ruin the guy.

Hope this gets sorted...as much as I don't like the big mouth shit he does I don't want him to be an abuser and ruin his career.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He’s in his 30s … he will not play till this is dealt with?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    He’s in his 30s … he will not play till this is dealt with?  
    He’s a free agent so no one is signing him anytime soon.  Wife on 911 call said he was threatening to kill himself. If that’s true he needs some help
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Sherman is a smart and articulate guy.  Hope he finds help.  This does not seem like him at all.
  • ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    Saw this thread popping and wondered why...its not football season yet, but boy is it coming and can't get here quick enough.  I always thought Sherman was a bit crazy, but this is bipolar or worse written all over it.  Agree with @tempo_n_groove that I hope the guy gets help. Such a talented player and very smart dude.
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
    heard audio of the 911 call.

look for it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited July 2021
    I am hoping, for him, that it was "just" an evening's worth of bad decisions.  Glad to see (at least so far) that he is not a woman beater.
    Horrible decisions.   When the hell will people stop driving while destroyed???  [Separate topic, but nobody really / truly / cares, which is why there is no real enforcement effort to curtail driving under the influence.  It is a shame & a blight on our society of morons.] *edit*  obviously, lots of people care.  Not enough people in power care to try and truly stop drunk driving, imo.
    Will look for some of the details --- I don't like his bravado on the field but he does seem like a good dude and he certainly is a leader with the players and a well respected one. 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Saw some items from the 911 call.
    Uggh.  Sounds like he is really lucky not to have hurt anyone with his vehicle, and then not to have hurt himself.
    Guy must be in a bad spot.  He's gonna have to pay for this, what a shit way to close out a really stellar career

Glad nobody was harmed.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Sherman is a smart and articulate guy.  Hope he finds help.  This does not seem like him at all.
    Agreed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    "I think perception is reality.... [your] past is what [your] past is. [Your] present is what [your] present is." 

-Richard Sherman
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This dispatcher is garbage:

And this Defector article is on-point: "This, it feels important to note, is what is meant by calls to defund the police—not that anarchy be allowed to reign or that people in danger go unaided, but that some of the roles currently served by police be replaced by those better trained and better equipped to deal with the situation while avoiding violence. Crisis support teams, staffed by psychiatric health professionals, are one suggested solution, but for now they only exist in small local pilot programs, and there’s no consensus, even among the idea’s staunchest supporters, on whether they should act alongside or instead of law enforcement and paramedics. But that Ashley Moss, in the middle of one of the worst moments of her life, should also have to worry that her husband is large and black and have no option but to call police anyway, knowing how many times that’s resulted in unnecessary death, is a tragedy in itself. It’s scary to think how easily this could have gone far worse than it did—and depressing that officers taking Sherman down with an attack dog represents one of the better-case scenarios."

Father-in-law says he pepper-sprayed NFL's Richard Sherman
    By GENE JOHNSON
    Today

SEATTLE (AP) — Richard Sherman’s father-in-law armed himself with a handgun and fired pepper-spray at the NFL cornerback to protect his family as Sherman tried to bust in the door of his in-laws’ home, according to a police statement obtained by The Associated Press.

Sherman was arrested early Wednesday after police said he crashed his car in a construction zone and then tried to break into his in-laws’ home in the Seattle suburb of Redmond.

Sherman remained in jail Thursday and was expected to make an initial court appearance in the afternoon. It was not clear if he had an attorney who might speak on his behalf.

According to the police report, which had not been made public, Sherman’s father-in-law, Raymond Moss, told investigators that the former Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers star partially broke in the door by repeatedly ramming it with his shoulder. Sherman called out, “Come through, Ray!" in a hostile and threatening tone, Moss said.

“The family began to yell in fear,” Moss told police. “I used pepper spray on Sherman's face through the partially opened door as he was still banging and attempting to gain entry. I told him to stop. I armed myself with my handgun at this time fearing for the safety of myself and my family.”

NFL star Richard Sherman was arrested Wednesday after authorities said he crashed his SUV in a suburban Seattle construction zone, tried to break into his in-laws’ home, and fought with officers who used a police dog to apprehend him (July 14)

Sherman’s wife, Ashley Moss, called 911 late Tuesday to report that he was being belligerent, had threatened to kill himself and was driving away after drinking two bottles of hard alcohol.

“At this time, we’re going to make no statements, except he didn’t harm anybody,” she told The Seattle Times on Wednesday. “My kids were not harmed in the incident. He’s a good person and this is not his character. We’re doing all right, just trying to get him out. I want people to know no one was injured.”

In February, King County prosecutors and the sheriff obtained an “extreme risk protection order” for Sherman, which barred him from having guns after a judge determined he posed a danger to himself or others. Details of the case were sealed, and it was not immediately clear if any weapons had been seized from him.

Sherman was booked into jail Wednesday in Seattle on suspicion of resisting arrest, malicious mischief and residential burglary. The Washington State Patrol said it also would recommend charges of driving under the influence and hit-and-run.

The burglary allegation is a felony that includes a domestic violence component because it was the home of relatives. Sherman did not enter the home, strike or try to hit any family members, authorities said.

Shortly before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, the Washington State Patrol received a 911 call from a construction crew working along a freeway east of Seattle. The caller said an apparently intoxicated driver had entered the closed construction zone. As the vehicle left the area, it struck a barricade, causing significant damage on the driver’s side, Patrol Capt. Ron Mead told reporters.

The vehicle soon became completely disabled, Mead said.

Just before 2 a.m., Redmond police received a 911 call from the in-laws’ home, reporting that Sherman was trying to break in, Police Chief Darrell Lowe said.

Officers and state troopers responded and tried to calm the situation by developing a rapport with the football star, authorities said.

It initially seemed to work, but Sherman’s demeanor changed when the officers told him he was under arrest, Lowe said. He began walking away rapidly and fought as police tried to take him into custody, and a K-9 officer released the dog to subdue him.

Sherman got minor cuts to his lower leg and was treated at a hospital before being taken to jail. At his first court hearing, a judge will determine if there is probable cause to believe he committed a crime.

Sherman, 33, became a Seattle sports legend during seven seasons with Seahawks. The cornerback was a star in their run to a 2014 Super Bowl victory, making a game-saving play to deflect a pass in the NFC Championship Game against the 49ers.

He left the Seahawks after the 2017 season and played three seasons with San Francisco. He is now a free agent.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    "Lift Every Voice And Sing" the Black National Anthem is coming back to the NFL
    I miss igotid88
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    igotid88 said:
    Cue the "I am never watching them again" reactions.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Cue the "I am never watching them again" reactions.
    Just drop the anthems all together if it makes so many people upset.
    igotid88 said:
    Not something I care about because I don't go to the games and just turn on TV when the game starts.   That being said, is there anything the NFL wouldn't exploit for their own gain?