Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: BEST SELLING RECORDS OF THE 1980s Round 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    REO Speedwagon, Hi Infidelity
    It was a total disappointment after how good Pyromania was.  Too watered down and every song trying to be a single.  I did love playing Pour and am ok with the song now but that whole record grew tired pretty quickly, to me.  High and Dry was pretty good as well. F Hysteria.
    Rocket I loved, album version.  It was 7 minutes long and very unconventional towards the rest of the album.  I dig animal still too.  The album was meant to be a pop success, that is what the band wanted.  OG producer wanted that raw sound of Pyro and quit because of the direction Leppard wanted to take it too.
    Let's Get Rocked might be the best song of all time.  I used to think it was Little Wing or American Pie, but once this came out, it was all over but the handshake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWyLZ3AaLU
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    edited April 2021
    REO Speedwagon, Hi Infidelity
    mrussel1 said:
    It was a total disappointment after how good Pyromania was.  Too watered down and every song trying to be a single.  I did love playing Pour and am ok with the song now but that whole record grew tired pretty quickly, to me.  High and Dry was pretty good as well. F Hysteria.
    Rocket I loved, album version.  It was 7 minutes long and very unconventional towards the rest of the album.  I dig animal still too.  The album was meant to be a pop success, that is what the band wanted.  OG producer wanted that raw sound of Pyro and quit because of the direction Leppard wanted to take it too.
    Let's Get Rocked might be the best song of all time.  I used to think it was Little Wing or American Pie, but once this came out, it was all over but the handshake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWyLZ3AaLU
    I had moved on from them by that time.  I think all the hair bands were done for me sans 1989 or so.  More metal and hardcore and the introduction to "alternative", lol.

Edit: This was around my intro to Techno too.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    REO Speedwagon, Hi Infidelity, Whitney Houston, Whitney Houston, and George Michael, Faith have all been eliminated in Round 2