~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

RIP Zappa cat. I seriously can’t believe how torn up I am about this...
    I am so sorry, Chris. Of course you are torn up about it. That is ok. He was a member of your family. I have been through this several times and it never gets easier. But you will feel better. Do you have other pets? When my last cat passed a few years ago my other cat gave me great comfort. Nice idea doing the paw print. I have never done that. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I am so sorry, tempo. He was obviously loved very much. I hope it comforts you a bit that, as tough as it is, that you had special time with him before he said goodbye. 
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    So sorry, Tempo. Losing a fur child hurts the heart so much. Sending you some love and good thoughts. Remember that you both had richer lives because you had each other. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    oh no. sorry man. I know how you are feeling.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

RIP Zappa cat. I seriously can’t believe how torn up I am about this...
    Sorry man....it sucks.  I lost my four year old (Lynk) to cancer a few years ago.  He was only four...still tears me up because him and his step brother were best buds.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RIP, Zappa. 

Take care, Chris. 

Here’s one of our troublemakers. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Awww, Mama. 

Here’s our troublemaker...and the unbelievably tolerant one.

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Sorry for your loss Tempo! 
    C
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Weekend or not, this is their routine. Seems acceptable to both parties.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    hedonist said:
    Weekend or not, this is their routine. Seems acceptable to both parties.

Flea just gets gets cuter and cuter!!

Great video. My cats love drawers. They try to hop in when I am putting away laundry. Is your cat getting used to your new apartment? 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Boxes.

Zoe cat loves em.  As soon as I put one down she has to claim it.

Something I've noticed is both cats have become more affectionate since Zappa Cat left us.  They both still won't cuddle in the bed though.  Twinkle Toes did with me for a few minutes the other day.  She is still skittish if we walk around.  Sitting or laying down?  No problems, lol.  Crazy damn cats...
    Boxes.

Zoe cat loves em.  As soon as I put one down she has to claim it.

Something I've noticed is both cats have become more affectionate since Zappa Cat left us.  They both still won't cuddle in the bed though.  Twinkle Toes did with me for a few minutes the other day.  She is still skittish if we walk around.  Sitting or laying down?  No problems, lol.  Crazy damn cats...
    Yup. Boxes and bags. My smaller cat will crawl into tote bags if I leave them on the floor. They are like a magnet to her. I am sure your other cats miss Zappa as well. Hope you are doing ok.

Our boy :heart:

Worried about Kali. When I came back from work today she was under the bed and didn't come to greet me (pretty unusual for her). Also looks like she hadn't touched her food or water since this morning (which is also very unusual for her). She seems a little better now least she's moving around and out from under the bed.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I hope she is feeling better. Cats have a tendency to hide when they don’t feel well. I would say that if you don’t see improvement tomorrow take her to the vet. Sometimes my cat gets a low appetite when he has a furball but he doesn’t usually hide. If she is not eating by tomorrow take her in. It could just be a bug, but good to get it checked out. 
    Agree with GG. I hope Kali’s okay!
    GlowGirl said:
    I hope she is feeling better. Cats have a tendency to hide when they don’t feel well. I would say that if you don’t see improvement tomorrow take her to the vet. Sometimes my cat gets a low appetite when he has a furball but he doesn’t usually hide. If she is not eating by tomorrow take her in. It could just be a bug, but good to get it checked out. 
    Thanks GG and Hedo.

she seems to be fine now. She is eating and drinking water now. I guess she was just sick or something. Didn't find any hairballs anywhere but did find she threw up sometime yesterday when i was at work. Least I think it was throw up, definitely wasn't a hairball or poop. Don't think it was pee (least it didn't smell like pee and my cats have never peed outside the litter box). 

:smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks GG and Hedo.

she seems to be fine now. She is eating and drinking water now. I guess she was just sick or something. Didn't find any hairballs anywhere but did find she threw up sometime yesterday when i was at work. Least I think it was throw up, definitely wasn't a hairball or poop. Don't think it was pee (least it didn't smell like pee and my cats have never peed outside the litter box). 

Glad she is doing better. She may have eaten something that didn't agree with her. I would just keep an eye on her for a few days.

Good news with Kali!

I wonder if they have moody days like us...

GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks GG and Hedo.

Glad she is doing better. She may have eaten something that didn't agree with her. I would just keep an eye on her for a few days.

i doubt that was it. She's diabetic, so she just gets diabetic food. And she's been eating that for three years now. Once in awhile i'll give her lunch meats or cheese (like the size of a fingernail). I don't think that was it, maybe it was the cheese cause the throw up was yellow but she didn't even have that much. Oh well....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Sorry for your loss tempo! 
    Relaxing before dinner time 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Watching The Waltons there, eh jose?
    ;)
    hedonist said:
    ;)
    Hell yeah I call it safe tv it calms me lol 
    hedonist said:
    ;)
    I have comfort shows as well. I recently read an article that discussed how during the pandemic more people were watching old familiar shows they had already seen rather than starting new ones. It was all about seeking comfort in the familiar. 

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    ;)
    I have comfort shows as well. I recently read an article that discussed how during the pandemic more people were watching old familiar shows they had already seen rather than starting new ones. It was all about seeking comfort in the familiar. 

I totally did and now I like watching those old shows just calming! 
    edited June 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    ;)

I’ve also been rewatching some loved series and shows (Bosch, classic Looney Tunes, Mary Tyler Moore, etc.).

Even contemplated a few of Little House on the Prairie :lol:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Gonna take her to the vet tnext week, to look at her eye. She is having dark, gooey tears from one of her eyes.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Gonna take her to the vet tnext week, to look at her eye. She is having dark, gooey tears from one of her eyes.

Oh she’s a beauty I’m sure eye drops will help her