AMAZON PRIME VIDEO STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I did enjoy having a new episode to watch each week.  Something to look forward to.  
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Season 5  to me was like the 5th book. You need it to move the pieces in place for what happens in the 6th season/book and the war between Marco and Earth.

The finale teased some things I did not think they were going to get into however. Curious to see how that plays out.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I figured it was just a bridge to the next season.  Last episode finally moved the plot forward.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    All seasons of The Affair are finally available. Caught the first season in Dec/Jan when they teased season 1 as free to entice a subscription to Showtime through Prime. A few episodes in to season 2 and still enjoying it. The cast is what makes it great. Love to see former Wire stars. Dominic West is really good at playing a philandering womanizer who is self absorbed. His character could basically be Jimmy McNulty became a writer after leaving the force.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited March 2021
    Lately, I've found that Prime Video has more music documentaries that interest me. Just watched one on The Gits and Mia Zapata.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Take Me Home documentary about Leeds United and them trying to get back to the Premier League is fantastic.  Even if you're not into soccer, the story is incredible.  The passion from the fans is just awesome.  Definitely worth checking out.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Lately, I've found that Prime Video has more music documentaries that interest me. Just watched one on The Gits and Mia Zapata.
    I saw that one. It was really good. Also, really sad.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    GlowGirl said:
    I saw that one. It was really good. Also, really sad.

I agree on both counts. It was a terrible tragedy. I got a little choked up when her father was talking about her. I knew of her story because of the Home Alive compilation, but I hadn't really heard much of their music. It was a good introduction to their sound. I didn't realize that they caught the guy. I thought it was still an unsolved case.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    New season of Catastrophe on the 15th. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Invincible. Good first episode
    http://amzn.to/3w8lz5W
    I miss igotid88
    hedonist said:
    Cool. I loved that show. I thought it over. 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    Apparently it has indeed been done. No new season, dammit. I was really looking forward to it - so well-written and they had beautiful chemistry.

And Chris! I loved Chris. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Boston n1 and Philly N2 Ten show is on.  You have to search for it and sign up for something but its on there.  I relived the ten show this weekend.
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    Apparently it has indeed been done. No new season, dammit. I was really looking forward to it - so well-written and they had beautiful chemistry.

And Chris! I loved Chris. 
    I had thought last season was the series finale. But then you got my hopes up ;)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Boston n1 and Philly N2 Ten show is on.  You have to search for it and sign up for something but its on there.  I relived the ten show this weekend.
    I just saw this pop up today. Is it easy to cancel after watching the shows?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Coda something or other? Saw a Seattle show and Philly Ten. No Boston, though. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    dankind said:
    Coda something or other? Saw a Seattle show and Philly Ten. No Boston, though. 
    Seattle, yes, my mistake.

Easy to cancel, yes.
    I posted on the Porch
    I miss igotid88
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Rewatching Happy Endings.  I forgot how much laugh at loud shenanigans happened on this show.  My only bitch is that Prime has the episodes out of order which is both confusing and annoying.  Would recommend checking the order on IMDb and play them as listed there.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Rewatching Happy Endings.  I forgot how much laugh at loud shenanigans happened on this show.  My only bitch is that Prime has the episodes out of order which is both confusing and annoying.  Would recommend checking the order on IMDb and play them as listed there.
    loved that show. It was one of the few laugh out loud shows I've watched. I don't know for certain on this show. But that could be the correct order. Sometimes the network will do that where in the original airings episode 5 is aired in place for episode 3 for example 
    I miss igotid88
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I enjoyed this show when it first aired. Might have to revisit.
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    edited April 2021
    There’s a couple of cool music documentaries I watched recently, and both are free as part of Amazon Prime Video:

IT’S SO EASY AND  OTHER LIES — This is half music documentary and half performance/book reading by/about Duff McKagan. The performance part was filmed at the Moore Theater in Seattle and Mike McCready plays during the latter part of it. Interesting to learn more about Duff, his growing up in Seattle, and his connection to the music of Seattle.

SLASH: RAISED ON THE SUNSET STRIP — Another interesting music documentary about one of the founding members of Guns an’ Roses.
    Post edited by ymalkiel on
    ✌🏼❤️
    ymalkiel said:
    There’s a couple of cool music documentaries I watched recently, and both are free as part of Amazon Prime Video:

IT’S SO EASY AND  OTHER LIES — This is half music documentary and half performance/book reading by/about Duff McKagan. The performance part was filmed at the Moore Theater in Seattle and Mike McCready plays during the latter part of it. Interesting to learn more about Duff, his growing up in Seattle, and his connection to the music of Seattle.

SLASH: RAISED ON THE SUNSET STRIP — Another interesting music documentary about one of the founding members of Guns an’ Roses.
    Ha! I I’ve seen a bit of the Slash one and have the other in my queue. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    igotid88 said:
    loved that show. It was one of the few laugh out loud shows I've watched. I don't know for certain on this show. But that could be the correct order. Sometimes the network will do that where in the original airings episode 5 is aired in place for episode 3 for example 
    That was my first thought too, but they were really out of order.  I’m watching season two with IMDb to hand and making sure the episodes are playing in the order they were intended.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Has anyone watched Them yet? I'm a little confused about what it's about and don't want to read too much about it out of fear of reading spoilers. It looks intriguing though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Has anyone watched Them yet? I'm a little confused about what it's about and don't want to read too much about it out of fear of reading spoilers. It looks intriguing though...
    I talked about it in one of these threads. Not gonna ruin anything for you though. 
    hedonist said:
    I talked about it in one of these threads. Not gonna ruin anything for you though. 
    Is it good though? Did you watch it?

I'm towards the end of season 5 of Larry Sanders by the way. Big fan! I think the show got better as it aged, which is a rarity .
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I WILL watch Sanders again!

It held my interest enough to stick with it, and some was just creepy, but it ultimately left me unsatisfied and slightly miffed.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I'm on episode 4 or 5. I like it. Set in the 50s, a black family moves into a racist white neighborhood and they try to drive them out. You see hints of something supernatural in the first episode working as well and that has been a sub plot in each episode so far.
    Thanks guys. Supernatural stuff was what kind of threw me off when watching the commercials. Probably will have to watch without the wife as she hates that stuff. 
    chinese-happy.jpg