New RSD Drops 2021

2»

Comments

• AW69742AW69742 Posts: 20
    I hate them for making me do this :)

L7
    OLP
    RATM
    BUSH (dont mock me - one of the best live bands I ever saw in a tiny venue in 95) 
    years 
    ALIVE
  • Did I miss it, or did they stop doing the mystery 7" and the side by side?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Rage Mexico
    dead Paris 
    jazz dispensary funk 2
    Maybe nubya Garcia but I don’t like ep’s

honestly I’m not sure I’m even interested in the pj alive.  I’ll probably get it but I’ve been twitching to sell off my collection lately as I’ve sort of moved on to other bands & genres.  We’ll see

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Oh boy!  Record Store Day!  A chance to stand in line for hours and run into a store and push and shove sweaty strangers and grab grab grab and spend too much money for something I might listen to once!  I can't wait (to miss it)!!!
    I take it you didn’t look at the list. It’s got quite a few of your favorite artists on it, ones no one else will buy, too. :lol:

Haha!, yes, true!
    There are, indeed, some unusual titles on that list, the most surprising being Larry Coryell's At the Village Gate from 1971 (I still have and love my original copy purchased shortly after it's release).  What a phenomenal record and, yes, rather obscure. For me that album is the apex of live recorded jazz/rock fusion. 

(Side note- How is it that Larry Coryell is not on Rolling stones list of top 10 guitarists?  That's absurd!)

And Steve Wynn, Dekād--Rare & Unreleased Recordings 1995-2005.  OK, there's one I may want to try to track down on Discogs or eBay.  Not a big deal if I don't find it because I'm guessing all those songs are the his Decade box set (thus named to honor Neil Young) that came out last year and which I have. The box set includes a lot of outtakes that are interesting, are probably on the RSD LP's, but maybe not needed if the price is outrageous (probably).

Lou Reed, Set the Twilight Reeling.  Would love to have this one but not at the cost of a double LP.

brianlux said:
    Oh boy!  Record Store Day!  A chance to stand in line for hours and run into a store and push and shove sweaty strangers and grab grab grab and spend too much money for something I might listen to once!  I can't wait (to miss it)!!!
    Last year was my first time going to RSD. It was pretty chaotic. I have been able to find nearly anything I want online later in the day or a couple of days later at retail or close to retail prices. 

Yeah, same here.  I've only purchase a couple of after-the-fact RSD titles and was gifted one (thanks to mickeyrat and wildfly!) and all three are cool to have but as with many RSD titles, they are not essential titles for those artists (The Replacements, Albert Ayler, and Dinosaur Jr).   There's just no way I want to get into the grind (especially during the pandemic!) for things that eventually will show up on-line. 

And what I still don't get is, why the limited supply of things that will get snatched up quickly?  If they are that good, why not just re-press when they sell out so everyone who wants one can purchase it?   What about all those folks who don't live near a record store and have to purchase by mail? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/13605
    Angel Dream is a special reimagining of the album She’s The One to celebrate the 25th anniversary of its original release. This also brings to a close the celebration of Tom Petty’s masterpiece Wildflowers, as most of the songs on this album were recorded during the same time period.  She’s The One included some songs that were left off the original Wildflowers album, recently included in the Wildflowers & All The Rest re-issue. To take the place of those songs, four previously unreleased songs have been added here – two Petty originals (“105 Degrees” and “One of Life’s Little Mysteries”), a cover of JJ Cale’s “Thirteen Days”, and the instrumental “French Disconnection”.  An extended version of “Supernatural Radio” is also included. The album has been remixed & remastered and brand new cover art commissioned – emphasizing that this is a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album, rather than a soundtrack album.  This very special version for RSD Drops is pressed on cobalt blue vinyl.

angel dream is just one big reason why i still miss tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdImbPqVR-A

Such a beautiful song
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    June:

King’s X - Both
    Mark Lanegan
    Daniel Lanois
    Negative Approach
    Stillwater
    Tears For Fears
    Wasted Youth

July:

King’s X 
    Pearl Jam
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    Gibson said:
    RoeDawg13 said:
    3 Canadian releases that I may be looking for some help on

OLP - Healthy In Paranoid Times

Big Wreck - Bag of Tricks

Trews - ...Thank You And I'm Sorry

I can help. I do want OLP for myself, but the other two are yours. Any chance you can keep an eye peeled for Evanescence? (seriously)

Did you get an OLP? Only 500 and those secondary market prices are up there. If you didn't, I saw it's getting a wider release on black vinyl later. I'll likely hold off and get one of those
    I am wired and fading...
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    RoeDawg13 said:
    Gibson said:
    RoeDawg13 said:

I can help. I do want OLP for myself, but the other two are yours. Any chance you can keep an eye peeled for Evanescence? (seriously)

Did you get an OLP? Only 500 and those secondary market prices are up there. If you didn't, I saw it's getting a wider release on black vinyl later. I'll likely hold off and get one of those
    I got an OLP, and there were maybe 3 or 4 more after the one I got.   Seems to be a rarity for RSD.

I noticed everything else I bought on RSD is going to close to what I paid for it on discogs.  Says to me that RSD is (mostly) getting better at pressing sizes?   Way less $30 records instantly becoming $75 records kind of thing.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Anyone have an extra Police Vol 2?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited June 2021
    Anyone need Chicago/The Blues/Today!?  I picked one up at the store and ordered online.  The online retailer couldn’t cancel.  Just looking to get what I paid for it back.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/19115242?ev=rb
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Anyone need Chicago/The Blues/Today!?  I picked one up at the store and ordered online.  The online retailer couldn’t cancel.  Just looking to get what I paid for it back.

It’s a great set! 

Managed to grab one at my local on Sunday.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

Amazing set and great gesture.   One of the best releases for this year’s RSD.   Really great pressing too. 
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    Zod said:
    RoeDawg13 said:
    Gibson said:
    RoeDawg13 said:

I got an OLP, and there were maybe 3 or 4 more after the one I got.   Seems to be a rarity for RSD.

I noticed everything else I bought on RSD is going to close to what I paid for it on discogs.  Says to me that RSD is (mostly) getting better at pressing sizes?   Way less $30 records instantly becoming $75 records kind of thing.

Congrats, glad to see it wasn't just the flippers grabbing them
    I am wired and fading...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Does anybody else's Flaming Lips RSD release smell funky?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I hate that the list is always in flux. 

Looks like JGB release was pulled from the 2nd drop?  But the Foo Fighters were added.  Not exactly a one-for-one, but we'll enjoy the day regardless.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I hate that the list is always in flux. 

Looks like JGB release was pulled from the 2nd drop?  But the Foo Fighters were added.  Not exactly a one-for-one, but we'll enjoy the day regardless.
    J. Geils Band?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Jerry Garcia Band