New RSD Drops 2021

dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
edited April 2021 in Other Music
Great lists!

Looks like I'm gonna have to sell some records to buy some records. 

Edit: A link would probably help, right? https://recordstoreday.s3.amazonaws.com/2021/2021_RSD_DROPS_PUBLIC.pdf
I SAW PEARL JAM
Post edited by dankind on

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Yes - twenty one pilots!
    @lolobugg will be so happy!
    :lol:.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,483
    No Sweet Relief though. I am hoping that it is added before then.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Let’s go!

RATM live

SFA - Ice Hockey Hair EP

Fela Kuti - Open/Close

St. Vincent - NIN/ Metallica 7”

PJ - Alive 12”

Life Aquatic LP

Frankie & the Witcfingers - Brain Telephone

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Lanegan
    PJ
    Bjork
    Petty
    Rage
    Prine

Damnit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    Alkaline trio
    Awolnation
    Beck
    Dirty Heads
    The Doors
    Lamb of God
    Opeth
    Slightly Stoopid
    Toots and the Maytals
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Prince
    Garbage
    Peggy Lee
    Schooly D
    Kristin Hersh
    Karen O & Willie Nelson
    Wipers
    Life Aquatic OST
    Harold & Maude OST
    L7
    Beasties
    Toots
    Flaming Lips
    Stones
    Petty

Sure I'm missing some.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    John Prine live album
    Aretha Franklin live album
    Dead - Paris ‘72
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,993
    Here's my list:

Beastie Boys - Aglio E Olio
    The Doors - Morrison Hotel Sessions
    Tom Petty - Angel Dream
    Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Mexico City
    Various - Above the Rim OST
    Pearl Jam - Alive
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,647
    pj
    rage
    allman bros
    miles

this was first impression on my phone. need to go through list on my laptop.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    Bush
    Chemical Brothers
    The Cure
    PJ

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    3 Canadian releases that I may be looking for some help on

OLP - Healthy In Paranoid Times

Big Wreck - Bag of Tricks

Trews - ...Thank You And I'm Sorry

I am wired and fading...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,636
    edited April 2021
    The Replacements
    The Lemonheads
    Linkin Park
    Pearl Jam
    Rage
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,072
    edited April 2021
    Pearl Jam
    Rage Against The Machine
    Alestorm
    Stillwater
    Ramones
    Beastie Boys
    Ani Defranco (I think it was Monkeywrench Radio that got me into this album)
    Tears for Fears

I guess the Tom Petty one is just a single from the Song from the She's the one soundtrack?  I'd usually buy Tom Petty, but if it's already on the album, I'm good.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    I hate RSD - it’s always such a nightmare trying to get limited release things in Australia.

...but I really need that Lanegan EP!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    edited April 2021
    Zod said:
    Pearl Jam
    Rage Against The Machine
    Alestorm
    Stillwater
    Ramones
    Beastie Boys
    Tears for Fears

I guess the Tom Petty one is just a single from the Song from the She's the one soundtrack?  I'd usually buy Tom Petty, but if it's already on the album, I'm good.
    https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/13605
    Angel Dream is a special reimagining of the album She’s The One to celebrate the 25th anniversary of its original release. This also brings to a close the celebration of Tom Petty’s masterpiece Wildflowers, as most of the songs on this album were recorded during the same time period.  She’s The One included some songs that were left off the original Wildflowers album, recently included in the Wildflowers & All The Rest re-issue. To take the place of those songs, four previously unreleased songs have been added here – two Petty originals (“105 Degrees” and “One of Life’s Little Mysteries”), a cover of JJ Cale’s “Thirteen Days”, and the instrumental “French Disconnection”.  An extended version of “Supernatural Radio” is also included. The album has been remixed & remastered and brand new cover art commissioned – emphasizing that this is a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album, rather than a soundtrack album.  This very special version for RSD Drops is pressed on cobalt blue vinyl.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,136
    Lordy! This is shaping up to be a good one! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,519
    RoeDawg13 said:

I can help. I do want OLP for myself, but the other two are yours. Any chance you can keep an eye peeled for Evanescence? (seriously)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,519
    Rage Against the Machine
    Evanescence
    Our Lady Peace

And a few game time decisions, Robert Plant, Stones...
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    Gibson said:
    RoeDawg13 said:

I can help. I do want OLP for myself, but the other two are yours. Any chance you can keep an eye peeled for Evanescence? (seriously)

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for Evanescence for you. My top target is Big Wreck, it's limited to 500 copies I think
    I am wired and fading...
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,832
    Ooh la la :sunglasses:  :bee:

Zod said:
    Pearl Jam
    Rage Against The Machine
    Alestorm
    Stillwater
    Ramones
    Beastie Boys
    Tears for Fears

Angel Dream is a special reimagining of the album She’s The One to celebrate the 25th anniversary of its original release. This also brings to a close the celebration of Tom Petty’s masterpiece Wildflowers, as most of the songs on this album were recorded during the same time period.  She’s The One included some songs that were left off the original Wildflowers album, recently included in the Wildflowers & All The Rest re-issue. To take the place of those songs, four previously unreleased songs have been added here – two Petty originals (“105 Degrees” and “One of Life’s Little Mysteries”), a cover of JJ Cale’s “Thirteen Days”, and the instrumental “French Disconnection”.  An extended version of “Supernatural Radio” is also included. The album has been remixed & remastered and brand new cover art commissioned – emphasizing that this is a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album, rather than a soundtrack album.  This very special version for RSD Drops is pressed on cobalt blue vinyl.

ok, count me in. I want one :)
    edited April 2021
    Ok, dug a little deeper and revised my list:

June 12

Our Lady Peace - Healthy in Paranoid Times
    Alestorm - Sunset On the Golden Age
    Beastie Boys - Aglio E Olio
    Def Leppard - Live in Oxford
    Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me
    Rage Against The Machine - The Battle of Mexico City
    Stillwater
    Tears for Fears - Live at Massey Hall
    Tom Petty - Angel Dream

July 17

Ani DiFranco - Ani DiFranco
    Judas Priest - Best Of
    Mr. Big - Lean into It
    Pearl Jam - Alive
    Ramones - Triple J - Live at the Wireless Capitol Theatre 1980

I do find it crazy that every RSD there's a new live Ramones record, but they've only reissued the first four studio albums, making all the other albums fairly hard/expensive to find on vinyl.   It would be amazing if they started putting more Ramones Studio albums on vinyl.  Plus I would love to see a reissue of Greatest Hits Live in vinyl.
    Post edited by Zod on
    Everything I want is in Drop 1 except for Pearl Jam
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,647
    LukinFan said:

and I want both the vinyl and the cassette.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:

and I want both the vinyl and the cassette.
    I'm sure if I looked over the list again, I could add a few to Drop 2. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    I didn't even bother to look at the July list.  Maybe I should?
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

angel dream is just one big reason why i still miss tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdImbPqVR-A

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Oh boy!  Record Store Day!  A chance to stand in line for hours and run into a store and push and shove sweaty strangers and grab grab grab and spend too much money for something I might listen to once!  I can't wait (to miss it)!!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,483
    edited April 2021
    brianlux said:
    Oh boy!  Record Store Day!  A chance to stand in line for hours and run into a store and push and shove sweaty strangers and grab grab grab and spend too much money for something I might listen to once!  I can't wait (to miss it)!!!
    Last year was my first time going to RSD. It was pretty chaotic. I have been able to find nearly anything I want online later in the day or a couple of days later at retail or close to retail prices. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    I take it you didn’t look at the list. It’s got quite a few of your favorite artists on it, ones no one else will buy, too. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM