The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wish I bet more on spieth for the masters.
    The reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Took Spieth to win the masters at 16 to 1 a few weeks ago.  He's down to 9 to 1 now.  I like the odds but it's just so hard for a guy to win 2 weeks in a row....kinda wish he came in 2nd yesterday.  Oh well....it's Masters week!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Took Spieth to win the masters at 16 to 1 a few weeks ago.  He's down to 9 to 1 now.  I like the odds but it's just so hard for a guy to win 2 weeks in a row....kinda wish he came in 2nd yesterday.  Oh well....it's Masters week!
    I got him at 33-1 during one of those crazy putts he had at the waste management. Only did $20 I think though.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Right.  Tough to have that emotional Sunday and then come back and do it again. Perhaps it will free him mentally to just have fun this week.   
    edited April 2021
    Phil and Sandy Lyle are apparently the only two to win the Masters as well as the tournament the week before.

I think Jordan's got a shot though with the way he's been putting. Seems like he's just gotten better and better each week this year. I put a little money on him yesterday at 10-1. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I'm getting in a Masters pool where I need to pick 2 golfers from the top 13 (world rankings) and 3 golfers from the rest of the field.  The winner of the pool is based on combined net score between the three golfers I select.  I know a few of you are pretty dialed into this from a gambling perspective.  Any "picks to click" this week using those parameters?  Thanks for any suggestions.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    My early bets....

Xander Schauffele to win +2500
    Jordan Speith to win +1100
    Justin Thomas to win +1100
    Patrick Reed to beat DeChambau, DJ, Rham, Speith, and Thomas +2000
    Bernard Langer as low senior +470
    Hole in One on hole #4 +2700
    DJ to birdie #13 every day +740
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    bbiggs said:
    I'm getting in a Masters pool where I need to pick 2 golfers from the top 13 (world rankings) and 3 golfers from the rest of the field.  The winner of the pool is based on combined net score between the three golfers I select.  I know a few of you are pretty dialed into this from a gambling perspective.  Any "picks to click" this week using those parameters?  Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm all in on Justin Thomas.  No one seems to be talking about him much....everything seems to be focused on Spieth, DJ and Bryson.  
    bbiggs said:

I'm all in on Justin Thomas.  No one seems to be talking about him much....everything seems to be focused on Spieth, DJ and Bryson.  
    Took DJ in my one and done. 

Will do a bunch of Draft Kings lineups tonight.  Maybe some top 10 bets, but probably leaving my winner pick on Speith.

bbiggs said:

Took DJ in my one and done. 

Will do a bunch of Draft Kings lineups tonight.  Maybe some top 10 bets, but probably leaving my winner pick on Speith.

Took JT in my one and done.  I'm also in dead last place out of 58 people right now....impressively bad.  Have been trying to get too cute with it and picking obscure guys.  So dumb.

Have a DK lineup for my regular weekly contest my friends and I always do.  Will prob throw a few more lineups and top 10 bets out tonight.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Tied my best round today. Shot 77. Third time I've done it. Guess the Masters has me motivated! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    JojoRice said:
    Tied my best round today. Shot 77. Third time I've done it. Guess the Masters has me motivated! 
    Very impressive.  What length do you play?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    dumbass doing 85 in a 45.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Been with No Laying Up since the early days. This is awesome

https://theathletic.com/2501259/2021/04/07/no-laying-up-podcast/?source=user_shared_article
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    6500 yards. Dogwood Golf Club in Austell, GA. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.

Those guys are living the dream.  Awesome to see how it has worked out for them.  Although I can't stand Tron, love the rest of the crew.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    JojoRice said:
    Excellent!
    bbiggs said:

Yeah I took JT as one of my top 2. I’m fading spieth with all the hype he’s getting right now. I couldn’t believe Morikawa is ranked 4th. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah I took JT as one of my top 2. I’m fading spieth with all the hype he’s getting right now. I couldn’t believe Morikawa is ranked 4th. 
    Not a fan of Morikawa this week with how hard they say the greens are 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Not a fan of Morikawa this week with how hard they say the greens are 
    Gonna be playing super fast. Nothing like what they saw in November 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited April 2021
    Wobbie said:
    dumbass doing 85 in a 45.
    The sheriff's department sure seems hell bent on covering for him too since they did no field sobriety and no toxicology was pulled. No way he was stone cold sober.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    JojoRice said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    6500 yards. Dogwood Golf Club in Austell, GA. 
    Nicely done.  At that length,  you were FIR all day. 

Those guys are living the dream.  Awesome to see how it has worked out for them.  Although I can't stand Tron, love the rest of the crew.
    It's wild how it all just feel into place.  It is what's really cool about it, especially when people compare it to the Barstool guys.  These dudes were just friends who liked golf and feel into a media company.

I don't miiiiiiiiinnnnndddd Tron.  He's the take guy.  I do like him on the Trap Draw with Randy where they get into other topics and do the weekly podcast on the tournament location
    'tis one of the best days of the year.  Let's settle in.

Speith to win
    DJ in my one and done
    Some DraftKings lineups that I love right now but will probably get smoked, per usual
    Took DJ and JT as my two in the top 13.  Seems dumb as they're so obvious, but I don't see any way both are not near the top of the leader board, so if I try to get cute and go contrarian, i could end up taking myself out of contention right away.

Last three out of the top 13 to round out my picks are Hovland, Casey and Oosthuizen.  Love Paul Casey this week.  These 3 will make or break my chances.

We'll see how it goes and can't wait to watch!
    Bubba to win his group today +215
    Rahmer to win +1200
    IM to win +5000
    Casey to win +4000
    Cantlay to win +2200
    Top Five Finau to place in top five +500
    Spieth, Rahm, 1/2 finish, +17,000
    Spieth to win +1000
    chinese-happy.jpg

It's wild how it all just feel into place.  It is what's really cool about it, especially when people compare it to the Barstool guys.  These dudes were just friends who liked golf and feel into a media company.

I don't miiiiiiiiinnnnndddd Tron.  He's the take guy.  I do like him on the Trap Draw with Randy where they get into other topics and do the weekly podcast on the tournament location

Yeah the whole thing was natural the way it played out....good for them.  Tron just seems miserable and doesn't enjoy anything.  I'm a pretty salty guy myself, but he's a bit much even for me.  I haven't checked out the Trap Draw yet but have been meaning to one of these days.

Rory struggling out there today....he hit his dad with a shot on the 7th!  Crazy.  The greens look like cement.
    Just put some money down on Matsyama to win. I was considering putting some money on him yesterday (wish I did), but now, with the lead, and +1400 odds, I'll take him. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited April 2021
    ^ Yeah, I just threw a little on Hideki too. I always used to bet on him and always lost. Maybe he's finally figured it out.  I feel like putting was always his issue. 

Fucking Bubba bogies 3 of the last 4 to cost me my first wager of the weekend. God damn it. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    ^ Yeah, I just threw a little on Hideki too. I always used to bet on him and always lost. Maybe he's finally figured it out. Putting was always his issue. 
    He's a long-shot, but the odds are too good to pass up for the leader. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: