"Painted Shield" a new album by Stone Gossard and Mason Jennings

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    demetrios said:
    Received my copy today from Amazon Canada.

Nice! :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    @Pap try placing a new order& cancel the old order.

There is a sale on the CD now.

Was:£13.77
    Price:£12.81

You Save:£0.96 (7%)
    Thank you D! I've already cancelled the order from Amazon UK, and placed a new one with dodax_online_uk. Arriving 16 April - 26 April.

No problemo!
    The CD was shipped on March 30th, and it is arriving on Monday April 26th.

Can that be right? Almost a month? Shipped by Amazon UK, and you live in the UK?
    edited April 2021
    demetrios said: Can that be right? Almost a month? Shipped by Amazon UK, and you live in the UK?
    Yes, I live in the UK. Dispatched from and sold by dodax_online_uk. Delivery by DHL eCommerce. We'll wait and see. I hope it arrives earlier.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    demetrios said: Can that be right? Almost a month? Shipped by Amazon UK, and you live in the UK?
    Yes, I live in the UK. Dispatched from and sold by dodax_online_uk. Delivery by DHL eCommerce. We'll wait and see. I hope it arrives earlier.
    I hope so too.
    Vinyl.
    Presale @ $26.21 CDN.
    Now it's $36.91 CDN. 
    At Amazon Canada. 
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    I hope so too.
    I just got a text message from Royal Mail for an item posted to me from a non-EU origin. Could that be it? :worried:

https://audioinkradio.com/2021/04/pearl-jam-stone-gossard-interview/

What’s next for you the rest of the year? Do you have any other projects or releases coming out on Loosegroove?

There are a couple of releases coming out. There will be another Painted Shield record, which we’ve been working on furiously over our Dropboxes. I’m really excited about that. So, that’ll come out before the end of the year. An artist named Brittany Davis, who actually is the keyboard player in Painted Shield, is going to release her own solo record, as well. I’m really excited about her. Regan and I hope to finalize a Brad record or at least some Brad tracks that haven’t been released yet, too.

^ Yay! :triumph:
    Pap said:
    ^ Yay! :triumph:

B) 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Put me down for 1 vinyl copy please!
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    I hope so too.
    I just got a text message from Royal Mail for an item posted to me from a non-EU origin. Could that be it? :worried:
    CD arrived last weekend!:smiley: NIce artwork!:clap:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    I hope so too.
    CD arrived last weekend!:smiley: NIce artwork!:clap:
    Excellent! :)
    Put me down for 1 vinyl copy please!
    Same on Painted Shields 2nd album. 

demetrios said:

Debut release from Painted Shield which is the new project from Stone Gossard (of Pearl Jam) with singer/songwriter Mason Jennings.  Painted Shield will be the first project from the newly resurrected Loosegroove Records.

Sometimes an album by a new band gets everything right. Such is the case with Painted Shield and their eponymous debut release on Loosegroove Records. Rather than sounding like a tentative identikit of musical styles, it’s a brilliantly conceived, bold and cohesive portrait of its creators – chiefly Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard, singer-songwriter Mason Jennings and drumming star Matt Chamberlain – and a clear-eyed statement of purpose.

Driven by pulse-racing electronic and live drums, bursting with gritty and sometimes psychotic guitars that weave in and out of luxurious keyboard soundscapes, and brimming with glorious melodies that fill the senses and hang on tight, everything about the album – a genre-bending mix of roots rock, electronica and contemporary folk-pop – feels so effortlessly assured.

Gossard sings the praises of his Painted Shield bandmates (“With Matt and Mason, this is what collaboration is supposed to be”), but he also stresses the importance of other friends and artists who contributed to the album, chief among them keyboardist/singer Brittany Davis and mixer John Congleton. “Brittany Davis is a Seattle singer-songwriter and force to be reckoned with.  With people like that, it’s easy to say, ‘OK, here’s the song. It’s yours to mess around with.’ That’s where the magic is.” Other artists featured on Painted Shield include Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Lonnie Marshall, Josh Freese, Om Johari and Jeff Fielder.

Black Vinyl

^ :pensive:
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ^^^^^^^New tunes?????????^^^^^^^^  hopefully!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    ^^^^^^^New tunes?????????^^^^^^^^  hopefully!
    Would be awesome. Stone & Mason said in one of their interviews for the last album that they were already working on another album.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Pretty sure new album announcement tomorrow
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    kramer73 said:
    I would be good with that!
    kramer73 said: