MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    So Mets/Nats game is cancelled due to Covid concerns, yet the Rangers are playing to a sell out crowd today? 

Fuck you, Texas. 
    Pretty much
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    1 game, Nick Senzel hurt already.
    Some players are damn goochers.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    oh look, the smartest man in baseball....buck fucking showalter...is on mlb network. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Are you shitting me?  He had a promising spring too.  Dammit...
    I want to root for him, being a Reds fan, but he is one of the worst prospects we've ever been pumped on.
    Might even surpass Brandon Larson, that AAAA turd we had.
    Always injured, not very good when playing.
    Still hope this can be his year but not off to a start that is any different from the other years.
    I want to root for him, being a Reds fan, but he is one of the worst prospects we've ever been pumped on.
    Might even surpass Brandon Larson, that AAAA turd we had.
    Always injured, not very good when playing.
    Still hope this can be his year but not off to a start that is any different from the other years.
    He has talent.  It's there.  He can play CF.  I think he just has had a bad run these 2 years.

I'm not giving up on him just yet.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    He was a heavy drinker and half that wiki stuff is not real unfortunately...
    Half of it's true? That's amazing!
    Talk about pulling some weight. Fucking hell yeah, MLB.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Talk about pulling some weight. Fucking hell yeah, MLB.
    Yeah no doubt! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Was watching the Reds/Cards game when the near brawl happened.
    That shit was awesome....fuck Yadi every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Castellanos made some fans in Cincy today with that.  Get plunked, clearly on purpose.  Fuck with the guy but take your base.  Score on a wild pitch by sliding under the douchebag that pegged you, he lands on you, you get up and flex over him.
    Right on, right on.  That is the way to do it.

Except....well....Yadi, lord of the jagoffs, is gonna take exception.
    Can't wait until that guy is gone.
    That shit was awesome....fuck Yadi every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Castellanos made some fans in Cincy today with that.  Get plunked, clearly on purpose.  Fuck with the guy but take your base.  Score on a wild pitch by sliding under the douchebag that pegged you, he lands on you, you get up and flex over him.

I just watched this.  Good on Castellanos!  He got ejected which was bullshit.  He didn’t do anything malicious but celebrate.

I just watched this.  Good on Castellanos!  He got ejected which was bullshit.  He didn’t do anything malicious but celebrate.
    I can for sure see the other player getting pissed but he did just bean the dude and then kneel on him at home.  Get pissed.
    Yadi is just a red ass.  :lol:.       
    Ohtani with the 101 mph pitch!
    Ohtani w the 458' blast!

He had a rocky last inning but the damn catcher should have thrown to first better...

Last nights game was exciting and Ohtani finally put on a show of what he is capable of.

Hope that he does this for the rest of the year.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Great start so far.  great to have a normally-structured season back!

Watched a bunch of the Seattle/Giants series.  That was pretty entertaining.  
    Ohtani w the 458' blast!

He had a rocky last inning but the damn catcher should have thrown to first better...

Last nights game was exciting and Ohtani finally put on a show of what he is capable of.

The idea that he can fill this crazy role really is very exciting. 
    Don't know that he can do it but I love, as a fan, being able to watch and root for him to do it.
    Ohtani w the 458' blast!

The idea that he can fill this crazy role really is very exciting. 
    Don't know that he can do it but I love, as a fan, being able to watch and root for him to do it.
    He is healthy, he is only 26.  If he keeps this up and yes it's sooo early yet, the writers said they would give him MVP.

THAT would be friggin cool.

Ohtani destroyed his competition in Japan so I am rooting for him to be better than Ichiro.

I was telling a guy at work to check out Ohtani if he ever gets the chance, he's special I told him.  He walked up to me today excited, "Hey man, I watched your boy last night!"
    MayDay10 said:
    Great start so far.  great to have a normally-structured season back!

Watched a bunch of the Seattle/Giants series.  That was pretty entertaining.  
    In a few months that series should be even more exciting when both clubs bring in their studs from the minors.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I can for sure see the other player getting pissed but he did just bean the dude and then kneel on him at home.  Get pissed.

And MLB suspended him for 2 games.  Not to go all "get off my lawn", but holy shit baseball is getting soft.  Manfred is such a clown.
    I was watching the Twins/Tigers on the Detroit feed

Holy shit are the Tigers' announcers dull.  Especially the color guy (is it Kirk Gibson?).  It sounds like a comedy show doing a spoof about how boring baseball is.  Like they are trying to be monotonous and boring.

I switched to the Twins feed and it is like a brand new world.

And MLB suspended him for 2 games.  Not to go all "get off my lawn", but holy shit baseball is getting soft.  Manfred is such a clown.

Super soft.

SO super soft.

The idea that he gets two games and Yadi (who actually came back and shoved the back of NC, escalating the thing) gets 0 is typical.

Fuck em.  Likely to appeal and then get reduced to one based on nothing other than what seems to usually happen.
    He is our best hitter right now and we cannot be without him, being a shitty team that needs a fast start....but I support him being a dick and taunting the guy the put one in his ribs, who pitches for a rival, every day of the week.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I just can't get over how the Nats have like 10 players on the Covid list who have to quarantine for 10 days while the Rangers are playing games before 40,000 maskless people. 

So what happens if there's a Covid outbreak on the Rangers? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I just can't get over how the Nats have like 10 players on the Covid list who have to quarantine for 10 days while the Rangers are playing games before 40,000 maskless people. 

My guess is a wee bit of politics is being played here.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

My guess is a wee bit of politics is being played here.
    A potentially deadly game of politics at that!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Because some states (legislatures) are dumber than others.
    edited April 2021
    The Twins are full of a bunch of fat guys who mash the ball.

Its like as if the Vikings' offensive line decided to all pull a Deion
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    MayDay10 said:
    The Twins are full of a bunch of fat guys who mash the ball.

Its like as if the Vikings' offensive line decided to all pull a Deion

Nelson Cruz is 40 years old and still hitting dingers left and right.  He has been consistent 40 HR guy since 2014 and isn't slowing down.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

blame it on obama.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14