2021 March Madness Sticker Pool

CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
edited March 2021 in Lost Dogs
Given the increase in popularity in collecting and trading PJ stickers, I thought this years pool, like last year's, would be a sticker pool.  Less expensive to part with.  Easier to mail - put a stamp on an envelope and stick it in the mail.  Hopefully, this will result in more participants.

Overview:
It would be on CBS Sports.com.  Standard / Default scoring system.  After the tourney starts, you can see everyone else's picks.  Each participant's entry fee is a PJ sticker.  Once a sticker is entered by a participant, no one else can use that sticker as their entry (meaning no duplicates).  Winner gets all stickers.  Participants mail their sticker to winner.

Maximum of 1 entry per participant.

Participants:
CopperTom - Wrigley 2016 (Black and Gold)
boobooliscious - Fenway 2016 (Pennant)
Armyfan - Philadelphia 2016
Tempo - Blue Riot Act Ghoul
SweetDaddyLou - Sao Paulo 2015
Post edited by CopperTom on

Comments

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    If you're interested, PM me your email and entrance sticker.  Then I'll email you the group link.
    You have until Thursday, March 18 at about noon to complete a bracket.
    Round of 64 starts on Friday this year.  You have until Friday at about noon to fill out a bracket.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I'm in!
    It's one lousy sticker and you pick teams...

C'mon.  Let's see some participation and bragging rights!
  • SweetDaddyLouSweetDaddyLou Posts: 1,186

Care for a little side bet? We did that a couple of years back and I've been bragging ever since! I think we did a 3 show specificsticker bet, interested Chris?

Care for a little side bet? We did that a couple of years back and I've been bragging ever since! I think we did a 3 show specificsticker bet, interested Chris?
    Sorry I saw this too late.  My bracket is busted anyways.  Damn Ohio st got embarrassed...
    As horrible as my bracket is I’m only 4 pats behind.  This year is unbelievably bad...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    I have no idea how these things work. Splain por favor. I'm not really into sports.
    edited March 2021
    Loujoe said:
    I have no idea how these things work. Splain por favor. I'm not really into sports.
    You fill out a bracket and get points for every correct winner you pick.  A "Busted bracket" means that your winner has exited the tournament early.  I picked Ohio St to win the whole thing but apparently the whole team was doing keg stands the evening before because they didn't show up and a #2 seed lost to a #15 seed.  It is very, very rare that an upset like that happens but it sure makes this type of tourney interesting!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Thanks. Got it!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Loujoe said:
    You fill out a bracket and get points for every correct winner you pick.  A "Busted bracket" means that your winner has exited the tournament early.  I picked Ohio St to win the whole thing but apparently the whole team was doing keg stands the evening before because they didn't show up and a #2 seed lost to a #15 seed.  It is very, very rare that an upset like that happens but it sure makes this type of tourney interesting!
    I think Illinois might have something similar happen. :|
    Loujoe said:
    I think Illinois might have something similar happen. :|
    Oral Roberts wasn't ranked in the top 50 before the tourney and they are in the Sweet 16.  They are the modern day St Joesephs or the old school Gonzaga.  Before these past fewyears Gonzaga was always a sleeper team that would get a win or two and surprise people.  Now?  #1 ranked.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Yikes. I am in a just for fun bracket at work. I only have 6 of the Sweet 16 and only two teams I picked for the final 4 are still capable of getting there, Baylor and Gonzaga. My pick for the champions was Illinois. Maybe I will do better next year.
    Yikes. I am in a just for fun bracket at work. I only have 6 of the Sweet 16 and only two teams I picked for the final 4 are still capable of getting there, Baylor and Gonzaga. My pick for the champions was Illinois. Maybe I will do better next year.
    You did fine.  This year was an absolute monster to pick.  Many an upset which is why no one has ever had a complete bracket.
    Unofficially,
    If Gonzaga beats Houston - Bob wins
    If Gonzaga beats Baylor - Bob wins

If Baylor beats Gonzaga - Thomas wins
    If Baylor beats UCLA - Thomas wins

If UCLA beats Baylor - Bob wins
    If UCLA beats Houston - Bob wins

If Houston beats Gonzaga - Bob wins
    If Houston beats UCLA - Bob wins
    Bob's odds are pretty good, lol!
  • armyfanarmyfan Posts: 342
    So you're saying there's a chance!!!

If Gonzaga beats Baylor - Bob wins
    If Baylor beats Gonzaga - Thomas wins
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Go Zags!
    edited April 2021
    Bob's odds are pretty good, lol!
    Way to jinx him.
    I can't login to the group pool to verify the winner.  I assume Thomas is the winner.  Please PM the participants your address.
    Who gets my damn sticker?!?
  • SweetDaddyLouSweetDaddyLou Posts: 1,186
    Congrats to the winner, shoot me a PM with the address so I can send the sticker to Thomas. 
    I will officially take credit for being the only guy to take Baylor.  Some of you thought the odds were against me, counted me out. But that only fueled the fire! As a wise man once said.  GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!
    armyfan said:
    I will officially take credit for being the only guy to take Baylor.  Some of you thought the odds were against me, counted me out. But that only fueled the fire! As a wise man once said.  GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!
    I hate to say that you did nadda to help w any fire.  Good pick though considering my winner got knocked out by a 40th ranked team... IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!
    And everyone can save postage and their stickers. I already have more than I will stick. Pay it forward folks! Be well, and stay safe!