The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think many will follow the money/power (whatever ultimately benefits them).

I hope those with knowledge and compassion fight for their patients/constituents to keep using it vs. heavier, potentially-addictive opioids, meds for anxiety, sleep, nausea, etc. Fuck knows it’s helped me in all of those ways, with the support of ALL of my doctors. 

And even for recreation - anything afforded to alcohol should be applied to its little green friend as well. 

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167

hedonist said:

I hope those with knowledge and compassion fight for their patients/constituents to keep using it vs. heavier, potentially-addictive opioids, meds for anxiety, sleep, nausea, etc. Fuck knows it’s helped me in all of those ways, with the support of ALL of my doctors. 

And even for recreation - anything afforded to alcohol should be applied to its little green friend as well. 

Politics 101.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Virginia is now saying it will be left to each city or town to decide if they want dispensaries ( if this all goes through)..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

FiveBelow said:

hedonist said:

Politics 101.
    That’s sad, no? And this same mindset is used for a myriad of other important issues too.  That’s become “the game”. Screw ethics, words, promises, even your own character. 

Yeah, I have zero trust in our lawmakers. 

(OK, maybe 1%)
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    hedonist said:
    FiveBelow said:

hedonist said:

Politics 101.
    That’s sad, no? And this same mindset is used for a myriad of other important issues too.  That’s become “the game”. Screw ethics, words, promises, even your own character. 

Yeah, I have zero trust in our lawmakers. 

(OK, maybe 1%)
    Say whatever will get people to vote and then blame the other side when things don't go as planned. I don't think all politicians are this way, just most of them at the federal & state levels.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The politics around cannabis legalization is bs.  It should have never been illegal.

These laws keeping it illegal in some places are passed by asshole politicians who pickle their liver with booze daily...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Smells as sweet as its name.

*not an affable alien with diarrhea hair
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    What i would  do to be able to choose and try all these
     Lucky lady  👍 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Earlier today, a friend of mine was telling me about how she had gone to visit another friend and had taken her dog with her. By the time she got home, the dog was unsteady on her feet and had really glassy eyes. She took her dog to the E.R. vet. Turns out, the other friend had been smoking a joint and had a few roaches in the ash tray and the dog had probably eaten some.
    The total for the vet bill: $420.
    Freaky coincidence!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    $420 >HAHA^^

Is the dog okay?^^
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Earlier today, a friend of mine was telling me about how she had gone to visit another friend and had taken her dog with her. By the time she got home, the dog was unsteady on her feet and had really glassy eyes. She took her dog to the E.R. vet. Turns out, the other friend had been smoking a joint and had a few roaches in the ash tray and the dog had probably eaten some.
    Freaky coincidence!
    I'm sure the dog will be fine.  My 9 year old lab gets gummy treats and it has helped with her hip...which is bothersome...

Not to mention that after an hour or so she is playful like a puppy...

Nothing like a 9 year old...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    cutz said:
    $420 >HAHA^^

Is the dog okay?^^

brianlux said:
    Freaky coincidence!
    I'm sure the dog will be fine.  My 9 year old lab gets gummy treats and it has helped with her hip...which is bothersome...

Oh yeah, Olive is A-OK!

On a totally different subject ('cause I don't know where else to put this) but do the forum pages look different to anyone else?  Above my avatar in the upper left under "home"  I see a square and to the left of that a little brown box I've never noticed (or seen?) before, and I see no place to start a new thread and no place to do a search.  What the heck?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    brianlux said:
    cutz said:
    $420 >HAHA^^

Is the dog okay?^^

brianlux said:
    Freaky coincidence!

Oh yeah, Olive is A-OK!

On a totally different subject ('cause I don't know where else to put this) but do the forum pages look different to anyone else?  Above my avatar in the upper left under "home"  I see a square and to the left of that a little brown box I've never noticed (or seen?) before, and I see no place to start a new thread and no place to do a search.  What the heck?
    Good to hear about Olive.
    cutz said:
    brianlux said:
    cutz said:
    $420 >HAHA^^

Is the dog okay?^^

brianlux said:
    Freaky coincidence!

Oh yeah, Olive is A-OK!

Good to hear about Olive.

Yeah, cool little doggie.  Kind of like a little pork sausage with feet on speed.  Quite the character!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Getting better results with each pressing and curing of these bars ✌️
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    They still look like poop :lol:

Bet it’s strong as hell!
    hedonist said:
    They still look like poop :lol:

Bet it’s strong as hell!
    lol yes they do but in their defense they taste nothing like poop or make you feel like poop, it’s the total opposite taste great and makes you feel great 🥳
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Recreational in New York is going to be a done deal today.  Passed through both chambers and just needs cuomo's signature after he did a happy dance about it last night.

Seems like it is a pretty decent framework.  Retail shops, delivery, public consumption areas, adults can grow 6 plants and possess 3 ounces, etc.  Going to take a little for retail to get online, but the hard part is over

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    MayDay10 said:
    Recreational in New York is going to be a done deal today.  Passed through both chambers and just needs cuomo's signature after he did a happy dance about it last night.

Seems like it is a pretty decent framework.  Retail shops, delivery, public consumption areas, adults can grow 6 plants and possess 3 ounces, etc.  Going to take a little for retail to get online, but the hard part is over

Ridiculous that it took a pandemic that crushed the states finances for them to push this through. How progressive NY is! Happy it’s finally happening. 
    I don't think it's the pandemic so much as that NJ was poised to take a lot of money out of state
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    MayDay10 said:
    I don't think it's the pandemic so much as that NJ was poised to take a lot of money out of state
    Well then THANKS NJ!! 
    That was nice of them.

I wonder if it was going to happen last year.  It was about to be negotiated, then Covid hit NYC hard and legalizing recreational marijuana became a distant backburner thing.  

Im pretty excited though.  I may look into renewing/reinstating my medicinal card if there are some good products available short term (and I believe I would be permitted to grow if Im not mistaken).  That will get me through the waiting for the market to start.
    I’ve already got my seedlings going 4 5 gallon buckets total 4 plants I get enough yield to last me a year, so this is good news all round 
    Congratulations to NY!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    That's it! I'm moving back!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Starting my seeds this weekend for this year's crop 😁
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    great time of year the only time better is harvest time, hope you have a great growing season 🌱
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    BLACK35 said:
    great time of year the only time better is harvest time, hope you have a great growing season 🌱
    Thanks you too
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2