2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Hard to believe we're almost at the 5 year mark since the last US Arena tour kicked off
    Sobering.  And it will likely reach year 6...

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    bbiggs said:
    Hard to believe we're almost at the 5 year mark since the last US Arena tour kicked off

30 months since the last show, as of this Thursday.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    I just read that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony has been scheduled for October 30 at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland. So that’s promising for the fall. I don’t see large scale tours happening — too much coordination from state-to-state — but for one-off shows or residencies (like Phish’s 4-night stand at MSG for New Year’s Eve) things are looking up for the fall/winter of 2021.
    ✌🏼❤️
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Until there is research to show immunity past 90 days no reason to book hotels to shows that aren’t happening in 2021. So much left to be done, tons of questions to be answered. Consider people keeping up with booster vaccines, maybe 4x a year for the next few years. That’s a whole new massive task that hasn’t even been discussed because the research isn’t there yet. Pearl Jam aren’t the kind of band, I feel, who would rush into putting on a tour. Especially if there’s any risk to them, their crew and fans. I feel for you guys who are so desperate for live music, but we’re just getting started on a long, long journey. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    bbiggs said:

30 months since the last show, as of this Thursday.
    I was trying to think of the longest stretch I've had between PJ shows since I became a diehard pj fan.   Lolla '92 to Missoula '98, but I wasn't a diehard in '92, I'd been listening to ten for a few months.    After that.. probably Gorge '06 to Calgary '09.  3 years and a month?   Right now I'm at 2 years 6 months and a bit.   It's sad to think I might break that record :(

Maybe that's good news for Canada.  Once America has got itself take care of then can send some up north so our vaccination effort speeds up?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Until there is research to show immunity past 90 days no reason to book hotels to shows that aren’t happening in 2021. So much left to be done, tons of questions to be answered. Consider people keeping up with booster vaccines, maybe 4x a year for the next few years. That’s a whole new massive task that hasn’t even been discussed because the research isn’t there yet. Pearl Jam aren’t the kind of band, I feel, who would rush into putting on a tour. Especially if there’s any risk to them, their crew and fans. I feel for you guys who are so desperate for live music, but we’re just getting started on a long, long journey. 
    1 year in and this is where you think we are? Just getting started?
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 556
    The one study I saw cite 90 days was a study on the effectiveness of 1 shot of the Astra Zeneca 2 shot vaccine: https://apnews.com/article/astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-study-c746e10e44a1e609b3575dddf019720e

There’s a lot unknown of course, which is why big, un-spaced events probably won’t be held this year by a band as safety conscious as PJ. I think it’s fair to have hope that 2022 could see a return to large events, travel. This article suggests we’re at the beginning of the end: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/why-covid-19-cases-are-falling-so-fast/618041/
    The 90 days is what the CDC is using as the maximum period post vaccine that a person is exempt from quarantine guidelines.  They are using it because there isn’t data yet for longer, given how recently the trials occurred.  It is more than likely that protection lasts well beyond 90 days.  They are updating the guidance later this week.  In my non expert opinion there is no way people will need quarterly vaccinations and there is every reason to book hotels for Ohana.  (Just not any non-refundable rates.)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/concerts-were-wiped-out-during-covid-19-heres-when-they-could-come-back-11614767402?page=1 

Here’s an interesting article in the WSJ about concerts coming back this year. Pretty much says a lot of what already been discussed, but there’s some interesting info, including this little tidbit:

There’s also a quote from a 24-year-old music fan the author spoke to, and he says he thinks that Pearl Jam WILL NOT tour as long there are still mandates in place. Again, something that’s been shared here.
    ✌🏼❤️
    PJNB said:
    I do. There isn’t even an agreed upon test to see if you are protected past 90 days. Part of what I have been doing in my job is contact tracing and these kids that are getting reinfected? Between 90-95 days. Like clockwork. So, when medicine agrees upon a reliable antibody test 90 days past vaccine round one, and more data is collected on the original people who were vaccinated last year, then it can be determined whether a booster program will be needed for the next year or two.Some bands will test the waters this year, but as long as there are unknowns, Pearl Jam doesn’t strike me as a band that will take chances in midst of so much unknown. I can let you know late April how effective the Moderna vaccine is. I plan on looking into an effective antibody test, IF, my physician determines which one gives the most accurate picture of my immunity against COVID AND my health insurance covers it. So, you see? This is more than likely the FIRST stage of things. You act like we’ve been vaccinating for a year. No.
    All of us have been sitting, waiting, watching half a million people die over the last year. This year is when the real battle for Middle Earth begins and if you are so desperate to see Pearl Jam live, you are looking past this likely reality, then that’s the kind of thinking that COVID loves to hear. If I’m wrong, FUCKING AWESOME!! I’ll see you all sooner rather than later in St.Louis and I’ll come back to this thread and say I was wrong, that we were truly MUCH further along like you said. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    PJNB said:
    I do. There isn’t even an agreed upon test to see if you are protected past 90 days. Part of what I have been doing in my job is contact tracing and these kids that are getting reinfected? Between 90-95 days. Like clockwork. So, when medicine agrees upon a reliable antibody test 90 days past vaccine round one, and more data is collected on the original people who were vaccinated last year, then it can be determined whether a booster program will be needed for the next year or two.Some bands will test the waters this year, but as long as there are unknowns, Pearl Jam doesn’t strike me as a band that will take chances in midst of so much unknown. I can let you know late April how effective the Moderna vaccine is. I plan on looking into an effective antibody test, IF, my physician determines which one gives the most accurate picture of my immunity against COVID AND my health insurance covers it. So, you see? This is more than likely the FIRST stage of things. You act like we’ve been vaccinating for a year. No.
    All of us have been sitting, waiting, watching half a million people die over the last year. This year is when the real battle for Middle Earth begins and if you are so desperate to see Pearl Jam live, you are looking past this likely reality, then that’s the kind of thinking that COVID loves to hear. If I’m wrong, FUCKING AWESOME!! I’ll see you all sooner rather than later in St.Louis and I’ll come back to this thread and say I was wrong, that we were truly MUCH further along like you said. 
    Totally respect your opinion and your take on this especially since you are heavily involved in the situation. You are right. I am desperate for good info on seeing shows again and I know I will dissect any kind of good info in a way that will tell my brain that shows are coming back sooner rather than later. I think spring 2022 will be a go if we stay the course we are going. Things can change, new info can come up that tells us the vaccine does not do as we hope it does, variants can be untreatable immediately. That said hospitalizations and deaths are going to go down this spring and summer. I hope we do not have to live in fear of what ifs and unknowns with the virus forever and hope that positive news regarding the length of the vaccines effectiveness as well as the variants being easily treatable comes to us by summer. 
    It’s baby steps but I’m reading that some Broadway theatres are reopening in April.  Granted, limited capacity of 100 without testing or 150 with testing, or something like that, but it’s a little sign of hope.  

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    It’s baby steps but I’m reading that some Broadway theatres are reopening in April.  Granted, limited capacity of 100 without testing or 150 with testing, or something like that, but it’s a little sign of hope.  
    I think it's more of a sign that people are sick of it and government is giving up. Seriously, this is the time to keep it together while the vax gets distributed. Prevent the variants from spreading! 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    I think it's more of a sign that people are sick of it and government is giving up. Seriously, this is the time to keep it together while the vax gets distributed. Prevent the variants from spreading! 

There is that.  There is that part of me that wished I'd catch it just to get it over and done with, but on the flip side I know that's a pretty bad idea.

There's also the potential if it cause a big spread in the US that it mutates and creates an American Variant.  The patriot virus?
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:

There is that.  There is that part of me that wished I'd catch it just to get it over and done with, but on the flip side I know that's a pretty bad idea.

There's also the potential if it cause a big spread in the US that it mutates and creates an American Variant.  The patriot virus?
    They're finding that antibodies from having it last like 2 months against the variants. Despite doing well on vax distribution the US will continue to fuck this up as much as possible because freedom, or something 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    If I come across as despairing, that is not my intention. I said a few weeks ago I'd stay away from this thread, haha, and I apologize for not keeping my word. I also said I was leaving the board some time back, but my loneliness got the best of me this past year. Before Pearl Jam shows, there's so much I want to get back to in my life but we're just not there yet. I am very hopeful because a fucking insane amount of the scientific community dropped what they were working on to go in on creating a vaccine this past year or more. A collective effort not seen in my 43 years and now that we've got this fucker mapped out, we can battle it, but carefully, with patience, fidelity to legitimate research and science and time good people. This might be a good time, if you haven't yet, to get a Nugs subscription, call a friend or family member you care about and just tuck in for now.
    www.cluthelee.com
    This board and thread are a good distraction for many of us.  I don’t think anyone should feel like they should stay away, even if they have said they would, and even if they are predicting no shows in the foreseeable future!

• RiotAct41RiotAct41 Posts: 17
    PJNB said:
    Until there is research to show limmunity past 90 days no reason to book hotels to shows that aren’t happening in 2021. So much left to be done, tons of questions to be answered. Consider people keeping up with booster vaccines, maybe 4x a year for the next few years. That’s a whole new massive task that hasn’t even been discussed because the research isn’t there yet. Pearl Jam aren’t the kind of band, I feel, who would rush into putting on a tour. Especially if there’s any risk to them, their crew and fans. I feel for you guys who are so desperate for live music, but we’re just getting started on a long, long journey. 
    I know right?  Exactly the reason why we won’t be out of this mess for a long time, I’m afraid.  The vocal “it’s not 110% safe yet” minority.

God damn, I really wish I didn’t enjoy live music so much...
    CDC has just stated that fully vaccinated individuals can gather indoors, without masks

https://apnews.com/article/cdc-fully-vaccinated-can-gather-without-masks-b9775dcde0254037e012ea9447e49917
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    CDC has just stated that fully vaccinated individuals can gather indoors, without masks

https://apnews.com/article/cdc-fully-vaccinated-can-gather-without-masks-b9775dcde0254037e012ea9447e49917
    However, from CNN's article,
    "In addition, fully vaccinated people should continue basic safety precautions, including: wearing a mask that fits well and keeping physical distance in public; avoiding medium- and large-sized crowds; avoiding poorly ventilated public spaces; washing hands frequently; and getting tested for Covid-19 if they feel sick."
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    edited March 2021
    RiotAct10 said:

"In addition, fully vaccinated people should continue basic safety precautions, including: wearing a mask that fits well and keeping physical distance in public; avoiding medium- and large-sized crowds; avoiding poorly ventilated public spaces; washing hands frequently; and getting tested for Covid-19 if they feel sick."
    That has nothing to do with vaccinated people getting together with no restrictions indoors though. The key is everyone has to be vaccinated to lift the restrictions. 
    RiotAct10 said:

Well yes, this isn’t a green light for concerts.  But it’s a first step in getting back to normal.  The CDC recommending “no masks” In any scenario, especially indoors, shows how far along we are
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Well, for the average person, the vaccination will not be available until "Summer 2021" here in Westchester County NY.  Agree with the comments saying this is just getting started. I hope things are safe by Q4.  I booked my first trip to Austin, TX in late October and it felt SO GOOD. Hope it will be safe to go.

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited March 2021
    FWIW Vaccine roll out is onto the next phase in Michigan (grocery and food workers, among others), I’m already scheduled for this week.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558

I've been saying this ad nauseum - at some point there will be "new" guidelines that if people want to attend relatively full capacity indoor concerts/sporting events you have to have a CDC card showing you're fully vaccinated.  That will not happen TILL they have locked down research that shows how long someone is immune from the virus having been fully vaccinated. 
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

edited March 2021
    RiotAct10 said:

Well yes, this isn’t a green light for concerts.  But it’s a first step in getting back to normal.  The CDC recommending “no masks” In any scenario, especially indoors, shows how far along we are
    The CDC is recommending no masks/no social distancing with people who are two weeks past their second dose & have been fully vaccinated - or I believe something like 8-9% of the total population.  We have a LONG ways to go.

And they still don't know/have concrete research showing how long you're safe being fully vaccinated - it's the very reason they still have the "no travel" suggestion.

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 556

I've been saying this ad nauseum - at some point there will be "new" guidelines that if people want to attend relatively full capacity indoor concerts/sporting events you have to have a CDC card showing you're fully vaccinated.  That will not happen TILL they have locked down research that shows how long someone is immune from the virus having been fully vaccinated. 
    Postulating is fun. For a couple of reasons, I think liability waivers are the more likely outcome for large events. 

Postulating is fun. For a couple of reasons, I think liability waivers are the more likely outcome for large events. 
    NOTHING will happen till they are 100% sure how long someone is immune from the virus after having been fully vaccinated.