Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Well, I was running ten, twenty miles less than 100 days ago.  I expect to be able to run very hard for two miles.  To me, this is not great.
    Once I'm back to running more, 926 is fine....I'm happy.  

With long runs I am fine with 10s.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    95 days without running outside.
    Not gonna lie....I wanted to cry or scream/howl with a huge smile.
    Instead, I kept a grim look and went to work.
    (And dug it.)
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Well, I was running ten, twenty miles less than 100 days ago.  I expect to be able to run very hard for two miles.  To me, this is not great.
    Once I'm back to running more, 926 is fine....I'm happy.  

With long runs I am fine with 10s.

No no I meant I'm the new runner. Lol  and that's why my heart can't keep up with my muscle endurance. 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    (And dug it.)
    Congrats on your progress!! I am sure it left you smiling. It definitely feels good to run outside. I can’t wait for it to get in the 50s. I think that is my favorite outside running weather. 
    GlowGirl said:
    (And dug it.)
    Congrats on your progress!! I am sure it left you smiling. It definitely feels good to run outside. I can’t wait for it to get in the 50s. I think that is my favorite outside running weather. 

Thanks.  Just exercises today, run again tomorrow.
    I think I like 50s and 60s, as well.  A good sweat is great.... hopefully you are able to get out this weekend.

• March 1 soon.

Time to get in shape for the Pearl Jam, Nick Cave and KISS shows of the summmmeeeer
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Is the snow melting so you can get out and run?
  • Is the snow melting so you can get out and run?
    Yeah. Nice weather now. But the snow will return. But will start to get into it again now.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    That's great!
    Rain sent me to the gym today. For some reason the run felt tougher than normal. The last two miles were a major struggle. Maybe I was dehydrated or something. I had to slow it down more than I normally do. One of those days. 
    Did you drink a fuckton of vodka last night too?

;)

;)

No. But I might as well have. At least tomorrow is my off day. 
    GlowGirl said:

;)

No. But I might as well have. At least tomorrow is my off day. 
    Then you have an easy plan for tonight!

Did a zoom call with college buddies from around the time zones....started at 1030 for me.....a very obvious reason that I don't drink before running, generally.
    Shook it off and yelled at myself on the run home.
    Think I'm ready to go up a mile next time.

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    14 miles today... Temperature up into double figures °c...very nice. Building up the miles in march and then letting it drop a little in April before my training block begins in may. Feeling good 😁
    beano.79 said:
    14 miles today... Temperature up into double figures °c...very nice. Building up the miles in march and then letting it drop a little in April before my training block begins in may. Feeling good 😁
    Awesome.   Jealous, but will get there soon enough!
    beano.79 said:
    Awesome.   Jealous, but will get there soon enough!
    And imagine how sweet it's gonna feel 🤘
    Yessir!
    24 degrees with a strong wind this AM

I watched another Wim Hof video last night so there was no bother there....but it was not warm.  A good day for a short run.  :lol:

I watched another Wim Hof video last night so there was no bother there....but it was not warm.  A good day for a short run.  :lol:

Awesome. That must have felt refreshing. It is too cold for me. I am taking this week off from running. I think I hurt my neck last month running on the treadmill too hard. I also tend to look down. I have much poorer posture on the treadmill. Anyway, I kept running with the sore neck and it was not getting better. I decided I would see if taking off this week would help. I haven't run since Saturday and so far it seems to be helping. It is less sore today than yesterday. I really wanted to run tomorrow, but think I will take off until at least Saturday - especially if it seems to be helping. Next time I use the treadmill I will really have to watch my posture and make sure to look straight ahead most of the time.

GlowGirl said:

Awesome. That must have felt refreshing. It is too cold for me. I am taking this week off from running. I think I hurt my neck last month running on the treadmill too hard. I also tend to look down. I have much poorer posture on the treadmill. Anyway, I kept running with the sore neck and it was not getting better. I decided I would see if taking off this week would help. I haven't run since Saturday and so far it seems to be helping. It is less sore today than yesterday. I really wanted to run tomorrow, but think I will take off until at least Saturday - especially if it seems to be helping. Next time I use the treadmill I will really have to watch my posture and make sure to look straight ahead most of the time.

Hope the sore neck continues to heal.  My back was really hurting on longer runs last year and it was the same thing -- I was not keeping my head up.
    Just ordered a pair of Fresh Foam 1080v11.  Have not used before (am a Brooks Ghost guy) but was told about them by about the 15th person today...as well as some here.
    Figured I would give them a ride....have a new pair of Ghosts ready as well...think I will break them out as soon as the weather clears.
    Just ordered a pair of Fresh Foam 1080v11.  Have not used before (am a Brooks Ghost guy) but was told about them by about the 15th person today...as well as some here.
    Figured I would give them a ride....have a new pair of Ghosts ready as well...think I will break them out as soon as the weather clears.
    I have had a few versions of the 1080's and they are my favourite shoe by far. Great amount of cushioning and a good durable outer sole. 👍 I currently have v10 but I'm sure v11 will be to the usual high standard.
    Sweet - looking forward!
    4 miles today. Starting to get a little impatient waiting to start training for this thing. Happy to be running, cannot wait to be training properly. Roll on April
    I'm sure it is tough!
    I emailed my PT today and asked for the clear to run 4-5 days a week and for 50% more time on those days.  
    Don't like waking up and not being able to put in the work, start my days with that feeling 
    I'm sure it is tough!
    I emailed my PT today and asked for the clear to run 4-5 days a week and for 50% more time on those days.  
    Don't like waking up and not being able to put in the work, start my days with that feeling 
    I know you have been waiting a long time. I hope you get the all clear to up your running. I haven't run only since last Saturday and it is making me antsy. My neck is about 80% better than it was - but still a bit sore. I was hoping to run tomorrow, but might wait until Monday. I guess I will see how it goes. I don't want to undo the progress that I made this week with it healing this week.

GlowGirl said:
    I'm sure it is tough!
    I know you have been waiting a long time. I hope you get the all clear to up your running. I haven't run only since last Saturday and it is making me antsy. My neck is about 80% better than it was - but still a bit sore. I was hoping to run tomorrow, but might wait until Monday. I guess I will see how it goes. I don't want to undo the progress that I made this week with it healing this week.

Great that it is improving and probably a good idea to hold off.  Hope things clear up!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    This morning I ran for the first time in about 2 months. I was busy with other forms of exercise ;) but today told myself I had to get back at it. Boy, did I suck. I did not bother to record it because I had a feeling it would be bad and I was right.

I had decided it wasn't a good idea to jump right back into my 10 km route so I cut back a bit and ran probably about 8 km. It felt like a slog most of the way, particularly the middle third. I had a strong headwind during that part when I was running by the ocean, which didn't help. But on the bright side, it wasn't raining, wasn't snowing, and wasn't cold, so that's a win. 

Maybe the next one will be better.

Best of luck to all of you on your weekend runs. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Sure the next time will be better!

My new shoes came in.  Need to try 'em out tomorrow.