~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Flea was business as usual when George hurt his front arm (ie, she gave not one shit).

Poor Mama. I hope she’s not hurting too much. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Flea was business as usual when George hurt his front arm (ie, she gave not one shit).

I think she's feeling better. Less limping, and she scratched an itch with her injured paw. We did notice, however, that she shifted her weight to the other paw to leap onto things. Hard to tell with these tough animals, but we'll likely skip the added stress of a vet visit for now and continue to keep a close eye.

Rose, my older pup (aka, Groucho's Bitch), has been checking on her frequently with concern. That pup may be a gross abomination, but she's a sweetheart.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

I think she's feeling better. Less limping, and she scratched an itch with her injured paw. We did notice, however, that she shifted her weight to the other paw to leap onto things. Hard to tell with these tough animals, but we'll likely skip the added stress of a vet visit for now and continue to keep a close eye.

Rose, my older pup (aka, Groucho's Bitch), has been checking on her frequently with concern. That pup may be a gross abomination, but she's a sweetheart.
    I am glad to hear she is feeling better. Yeah, cats really don't have much compassion for each other. At least she has Rose to lean on. It is hard to tell with cats since they don't express pain unless they are in agony. But, if she is limping less and is using her paw, that is a good sign. Maybe just a minor sprain.

Oh, you were trying to write. But, it’s tummy scratch time. 

Prick. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The hand shows complicity. 
    Must...

...maintain eye contact.

hedonist said:
    Must...

...maintain eye contact.

So cute. She has really grown. How old is Ms. Flea now?
    She’s about five months old now.  Every morning, I wake up to her sitting on the bed next to me, staring and raring to go. I love it. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    We had our Ring camera on the dining room table last night... fucker knows she isn’t supposed to be up there. 

That second one is hilarious!
    hedonist said:
    That second one is hilarious!
    That's her taunting us, knowing we can't / won't do jack shit about her table surfing. 
    edited March 2021
    Oh, were you working?

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    We know who wears the pants over there!

She seems to be all healed up. 
    edited March 2021
    hedonist said:
    We know who wears the pants over there!

She seems to be all healed up. 
    She's fine. Probably still hurts a bit, but she's still HBIC.

Nurse Rosie actually had to go to the vet today (diarrhea machine for longer than 24 hours). 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I just love these two.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    hedonist said:
    I just love these two.

:smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    In the end what had the potential for a massive brawl for one of many sunny spots in the house evolved into a rare compromise to share the space for a group nap. 
    In the end what had the potential for a massive brawl for one of many sunny spots in the house evolved into a rare compromise to share the space for a group nap. 
    Win/win! Ours were doing that yesterday, though not as close to each other. 
    edited March 2021

Were they this far apart :lol:
    GlowGirl said:

Were they this far apart :lol:
    Ha!

All those cat toys and stuff on the floor - just like here =)
    Nothing to see here.  Nope.
    (This is an improvement; moments before, she was IN there with him. George is a trooper.)

hedonist said:
    (This is an improvement; moments before, she was IN there with him. George is a trooper.)

That is quite the cat tree you have. I only have a small one, and only one of my cats uses it. Are these two becoming friends now? She seems pretty fearless.

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

That is quite the cat tree you have. I only have a small one, and only one of my cats uses it. Are these two becoming friends now? She seems pretty fearless.

He’ll never let on that he loves (read: tolerates) her =)

The tree is perfect for them. Plenty of room for the big boy and Flea uses it when she has the crazies. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Cats are such beautiful creatures. Their features, agility, different temperaments, how they speak to you with their eyes, their varying meows and means of communication, ...

I usually watch My Cat From Hell in the mornings and almost always learn something about their behaviors, or can apply in-house to one or both of ours. 

hedonist said:

^^^Peekaboo!

I was going through some old photos and found these of our cat from the late 1990s, The Mighty Kitka. 

Small in stature but a fierce hunter and one of the sweetest lap kitties if you were so chosen.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    She was one badass-looking kitty. 

Quite a tail in that first shot! Looks like that of a big cat. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    hedonist said:

My GF's sister has a cat that would want me to roll him up like a burrito in the rug like that.  He would get out and have me do it again.
    hedonist said:

My GF's sister has a cat that would want me to roll him up like a burrito in the rug like that.  He would get out and have me do it again.
    She does that with ALL of our rugs. And the smallest one ends up clear in another room.

It’s a strange little Flea we have.