Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

On my second dose of Moderna here in NY. Waiting on some side effects

How have you fared?

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited February 2021
    It's not yet available for me, but my mom and stepdad have both gotten fully vaccinated. One got the Moderna and the other got the Pfizer. Neither of them had any side effects from either the first or second shot. Now, my grandmother had an allergic reaction to the first shot and she's been advised to not get the second shot.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2021
    Just got jab 1 of Moderna.  Sore arm about 10 hours later and into the next day.  A little fatigue, but nothing different than a flu shot.  Wife had Pfizer, just had arm soreness and headache.  She gets number 2 this weekend, me in 2 weeks.   

One thing IL actually got right is getting teachers in the earlier groups since many of us are teaching in person.  Been doing it for months with no vaccine...it can be done, it is safe GET THEM BACK IN SCHOOL

Both have gotten jab 2- nothing different for either of us.  I think I was more tired this time, and have more allergy type symptoms like runny nose and headache at very minor levels, a few days longer than the first dose. 
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • I got the Oxford astrazenica 1st dose.  10 days ago. 
    I had fever. Aching joints and muscles and headache for 36 hrs  . 12hrs after the jab.
    It felt awful but I held out and didn't  take any meds to bring fever down so my immune system responded. 
    We wait 3 months for 2nd dose and it's looking like immunity  keeps rising  on its own at a good rate..
    Most important to remember.  You are not immune  until  28 days. No immunity  in first 2 weeks. Behavior  as you were people.  

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BronyBrony Posts: 628
    After my first dose, I had increasing arm pain for the rest of the day, couldn’t even hold my phone. 
    Now, shot 2, lived pretty normal for the first 12 hours. Next day, now 24 hours since, I am currently achy and chills but not registering a fever. Arm pain as well, but better than shot 1. Finally gave in and took Tylenol. 

(Noticed my timeline is off becuase I meant to post original message last night) 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    My wife and I are getting our first dose in 8 days (Moderna).  I'm skeptical of these vaccinations because they were rushed to be put out but am sort of caving in under pressure from others.  I hope it goes well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I got my first shot of the Moderna yesterday and don't get the second for 4 weeks.  I was a little surprised at the wait time for the second.  My arm is very sore but that's the worst of it.  People keep telling me that if you're going to have problems, it's after the second shot.  My husband got his second dose of the Pfizer last week.  He hasn't had any problems.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Got the first shot of moderna on Friday. Arm was a bit sore, little fatigue Saturday morning. Next shot in 28 days. I have never had the flu shot so I can’t compare. Only did it because it was available to me at work. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2021
    My parents got both Moderna doses.  My dad was fine. Sore arm both times.  My mom got a 24hr fever from the 2nd shot and no appetite for three days.   Shes good now
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Both my parents got the Moderna as well. The first shot they each had nothing but a mildly sore arm. For the second shot my dad had no side effects. My mom had a mildly sore arm, some fatigue, and a headache for a day or two. This was last week. She has been completely fine ever since.

However, my sister got the Moderna and after the 2nd shot she was really sick for about a day or so - severe muscle aches, chills, nausea, she was up all night completely miserable. She felt better after about 36 hours.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Got shot one of Pfizer last week.  No issues.  Hoping round 2 isn’t too bad.  Blocking out the schedule for the 24 hours after.
    Got shot one of Pfizer last week.  No issues.  Hoping round 2 isn’t too bad.  Blocking out the schedule for the 24 hours after.
    Sounds like a smart move.  I will do the same when the time comes.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Two weeks ago, I got the second Moderna dose at 11am, felt fine for most of the day, but starting feeling sick around 10pm, and was sick for about 24 hours with flu-like symptoms (aches, chills, headache). 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Two weeks ago, I got the second Moderna dose at 11am, felt fine for most of the day, but starting feeling sick around 10pm, and was sick for about 24 hours with flu-like symptoms (aches, chills, headache). 

I am soooo not looking forward to that.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    brianlux said:

It really wasn’t that bad. Definitely a curl up in bed sort of day, but I’ve had worse days with the actual flu. That said, it’s been different for everyone. My two aunts were sick for a few days. A woman I work with was sick for only a day like I was. And my 90-year-old grandmother felt no side-effects at all. So like nearly everything Covid-related...who knows?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    I got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. First dose, the only side effect was a sore arm. The second dose, I had a sore arm, again, but much worse. The day after, I had body aches all over, but they passed after a couple of hours.

Friends of mine had much worse side effects after the second dose. Be aware, though, that all of these side effects are normal, and they pass relatively quickly. It’s just your immune system ramping up its response after the second dose.
    ✌🏼❤️
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

It really wasn’t that bad. Definitely a curl up in bed sort of day, but I’ve had worse days with the actual flu. That said, it’s been different for everyone. My two aunts were sick for a few days. A woman I work with was sick for only a day like I was. And my 90-year-old grandmother felt no side-effects at all. So like nearly everything Covid-related...who knows?
    I wonder if age is a factor  here (along with a strong immune system)?

My mom, at 89, has had both vaccines with zero effects. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

In general it appears that the elderly have fewer and less severe side effects to the current vaccines. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There’s a *current* vaccine?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    If you can hold out. Dont take pain relief. It os a good thing to get an immune  response 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I have some videos on it if anyone is interested.  Fever is a good thing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited March 2021
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

In general it appears that the elderly have fewer and less severe side effects to the current vaccines. 
    Maybe lower immune take up in elderly initially please all remember  also you have zero protection  for 2 weeks and maybe even 21 days. So stay at home if possible  21 days after. 1st shot i mean because  in the  UK we are stretching the dose and its showing great immune benefits  as the body keeps building more immunity  the longer(within reason) the gap between shots.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

brianlux said:
    My wife and I are getting our first dose in 8 days (Moderna).  I'm skeptical of these vaccinations because they were rushed to be put out but am sort of caving in under pressure from others.  I hope it goes well.
    I know its scary bri but I looked at it like covid alone and scared would be so much worse. You got this my friend.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    This made me chuckle.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I got my second dose of Moderna about a month ago. The side effects weren't too bad on either shot. Arm hurt both times, low grade fever and after the second one I felt fatigued, but not exactly sick the next day. My wife got her second Moderna shot this past Friday. Pretty much the same thing.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    There’s a *current* vaccine?

Damn, now they thought of everything, right?!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I got the second dose of Pfizer about a month ago. First shot: arm soreness, mild fatigue. Second shot: arm soreness, mild fatigue, mild joint pain. Not a horrible experience, overall.
    brianlux said:
    This made me chuckle.  
    Why
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    My mom got both of her Moderna doses , her first one was a sore arm and not much else. Her second one she said she felt pretty awful the next day but bounced back after 24 hours. Was still feeling tired the following two days but everything I have read seems to say that the Moderna seems to give more mild side effects.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I have had my first Pfizer shot, with the second booked beginning of April. We are doing a 6 week gap in BC in order to maximize initial immunizations and still get the full course. I was really excited when I got the call to book my shot, and felt very lucky to have the chance. 

The evening of the day I got immunized I felt really tired with a mild headache. Those were gone the next day, but for two days I had a really upset gut and intermittent nausea. Luckily I had my shot on a Friday morning so I didn’t have to push through that on a work day. Everything was pretty much fine by the Monday. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    My parents and wife (teacher) have both had round 1 and didn't have any issues.

Parents go for #2 on Friday and my wife I believe is sometime next week.