Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ah fun. 

I got a .16 gauge buried under my clothes

Once
    It's not .16, it's a 16 gauge, which has a diameter of about 2/3 of an inch.

What exactly is your point?   

He’s out of his mind with joy the msg ‘16 videos are up. Incredible.
    Will I get a Christmas card from him for whipping those up? They were not easy...

You deserve a heck of a lot more. I’ll never forget the May 1 show, besides it being 47 degrees on a May afternoon. “Everyone” talks about the next night with sting and cheap trick, but like Ed said, that building was shaking right from the get “go” and the crowd was into every syllable. The stoli couldn’t knock me off my feet pre show but the PJ roller coaster did. Also, I’ll always prefer the sets with MLB and Neil if I must hear covers.

Damn I hope this pandemic is over soon. Thanks for the work!
    I think that Taking it to the streets into Whipping was amazing.  He sounded like Mcdonald and then just ripped into Whipping.  That was the highlight for me. 

Whipping! My favourite PJ tune. I had a thread on the Porch requesting Whipping for that tour. I got it twice, MSG the first, and I danced like a mad thing. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/252691/because-who-doesnt-love-a-good-whipping/p1

It's fun and educational.

It's up there for me too.  It's definitely a rarity!  Played at Seattle 2 as well, but I think the MSG version was a little better. It just gets the pulse racing! 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ah fun. 

Once

Will I get a Christmas card from him for whipping those up? They were not easy...

You deserve a heck of a lot more. I’ll never forget the May 1 show, besides it being 47 degrees on a May afternoon. “Everyone” talks about the next night with sting and cheap trick, but like Ed said, that building was shaking right from the get “go” and the crowd was into every syllable. The stoli couldn’t knock me off my feet pre show but the PJ roller coaster did. Also, I’ll always prefer the sets with MLB and Neil if I must hear covers.

I think that Taking it to the streets into Whipping was amazing.  He sounded like Mcdonald and then just ripped into Whipping.  That was the highlight for me. 

Whipping! My favourite PJ tune. I had a thread on the Porch requesting Whipping for that tour. I got it twice, MSG the first, and I danced like a mad thing. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/252691/because-who-doesnt-love-a-good-whipping/p1

Awesome you got that. They scratched Black for Whipping in Krakow 18. The crowd went nuts. It was amazing. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    PJNB said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ah fun. 

Once

Awesome you got that. They scratched Black for Whipping in Krakow 18. The crowd went nuts. It was amazing. 

They unleased the Whipping in Kraken, er Krakow?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Whipping

ATL 1994 
    Charlottesville 2013 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ikiT said:
    Whipping

ATL 1994 
    Charlottesville 2013 
    I was in Charlottesville.  He screwed it up!  I think they ended up cutting the song early in fact.  What a set that night that night.  Truly magnificent show,  in a magnificent town,  on a gorgeous fall night. 
    Charlottesville was pretty fucking amazing, and that's saying alot in the Donald Trump room.
    If you were there, you know.

So spectacular.  They seem to turn it up a notch when they play smaller venues. 
    that just above head level Mikey side view?  almost as good as being right in the front.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i heard dump was at that show.

#threadintegritybaby
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

#threadintegritybaby
    How about board integrity?  Isn't anything connected to a PJ show automatically on point?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    mrussel1 said:

#threadintegritybaby
    How about board integrity?  Isn't anything connected to a PJ show automatically on point?
    if it were up to me, of course!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    666k views.

seems appropriate
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Charlottesville will always have Trumpito's sweaty stench on it.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    ikiT said:
    No way.  That town is too wonderful to have him pollute it.  A Concert for Charlottesville purged the devil. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    No way.  That town is too wonderful to have him pollute it.  A Concert for Charlottesville purged the devil. 
    Thomas Jefferson is the OG stain on Charlottesville.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited February 2021

It's not just Charlottesville.
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    There are lots of stains in this country.  That has nothing to do with the people and town of today. 
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    There are lots of stains in this country.  That has nothing to do with the people and town of today. 
    It's all interconnected.
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Uva students are responsible for Jefferson's moral failures? That's a stretch. 
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Systemic even, some might say....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Where precisely isn't stained under this bar?
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Nowhere, but I think it's safe to assume that a town under the shadow of a plantation where young slaves were raped, sent south, or had their skulls crushed in inherits more trauma than towns where such plantations were not present.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Nowhere, but I think it's safe to assume that a town under the shadow of a plantation where young slaves were raped, sent south, or had their skulls crushed in inherits more trauma than towns where such plantations were not present.
    Ok got it.  So there's some more moral relativism you've got kicking.  Good thing there was never any of that in Massachusetts or anywhere else.  Those fucking racist UVA students are nothing like slightly less assholes in the NE. They should repent immediately. 
    edited February 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Ok got it.  So there's some more moral relativism you've got kicking.  Good thing there was never any of that in Massachusetts or anywhere else.  Those fucking racist UVA students are nothing like slightly less assholes in the NE. They should repent immediately. 
    Um, I am from the south and actually prefer it to Massachusetts. I've been to Siberia, and I fucking prefer that to Massachusetts!

But I currently live in an old New England sundown town that's rife with inherited trauma and structural racism that I've been working to root out since I landed here five years ago. 

But if it helps you feel superior to (mis)categorize a fellow human being as a moral relativist, who am I to stop you?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    edited February 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    Whipping

ATL 1994 
    Charlottesville 2013 
    I was in Charlottesville.  He screwed it up!  I think they ended up cutting the song early in fact.  What a set that night that night.  Truly magnificent show,  in a magnificent town,  on a gorgeous fall night. 
    My 2nd PJ show was Noblesville in 2003...got Whipping there.  The crowd went insane.  Long Road to open....kickass concert

Long Road
    Corduroy
    Interstellar
    Whipping
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

That shit don't come off.
    edited February 2021

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
This discussion has been closed.