The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Cops said they didn't see signs of impairment...fingers crossed 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Feels so weird to be happy about something regarding this but I'm really praying this is the case. 

What a fucking shame. God damn it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    edited February 2021
    Feels so weird to be happy about something regarding this but I'm really praying this is the case. 

yeah he doesn't need anymore problems.  Granted most of them were his own doing though.  But really, how do you not choose a Denny's waitress over Elin? 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    This guy lives an interesting life, no doubt.  Simple tire blow out? Dropped his phone and was looking for it ?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    He needs to hire a driver.  This is third high profile car incident for him.  I’d hate it too but when you make that much money you need to hire someone.  
    mrussel1 said:

yeah he doesn't need anymore problems.  Granted most of them were his own doing though.  But really, how do you not choose a Denny's waitress over Elin? 
    EXCUSE ME. It was a Perkins waitress. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:

EXCUSE ME. It was a Perkins waitress. 
    Swedish supermodel or central Florida whiskey tango.  Tough call. 
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Don't think he'll be golfing anytime soon. Hope he recovers well though and it's not too serious

I'd say he's done playing competitive golf. Sucks. 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Yeah..at his age and leg surgery I don't know that he would be competitive on the senior tour.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Yeah..at his age and leg surgery I don't know that he would be competitive on the senior tour.
    He's still five years away from the senior tour eligibility I think.  If Alex Smith can play football again, I think he can play competitive golf on teh senior tour.  He should be able to overpower almost everyone for at least five years. 
    I wonder if a guy like Tiger wants to play the senior tour though. 
  • Jumb0 said:
    Wasn't Nickalus very reluctant too?

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    Tiger, then Jack, then everyone else. Come on now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    1-No one is better than Bobby Jones
    2-Tigers run was unheralded and his dominance was by far greater than Jacks.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Except for the fact that Jack has more majors.  Isn't the argument that Jordan is better than Lebron connected to titles?  Is Brees better than Brady because he has better stats?
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Except for the fact that Jack has more majors.  Isn't the argument that Jordan is better than Lebron connected to titles?  Is Brees better than Brady because he has better stats?
    It is not as simple as that. Lebron has never had any debilitating injury that caused him to miss a lot of time. He has 4 rings right now and, I believe, has actually had a longer NBA career at this point that MJ's. That's a strike against him in my book. 

BUT...If Lebron missed a sizable chunk of a decade and still finished with 4 championships and had much better stats that Jordan (ala Tiger blowing Jack out of the water regarding total wins maybe), I think the people you're referencing here would be more inclined to say he's better or at least as good as MJ. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:

By that measurement Bill Russell is better than Jordan
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Cannot argue the point on majors.  Jack is king there.  I'm the wrong guy to comment on the Jordan/Lebron comparisons because I've spent my entire life in Chicago and am biased naturally, but I get your point.  I think Brady is better than Brees even without the number of titles he has and I've watched a lot of football over the years with both of them.  All of that said, Tiger is the best to ever do it and I'd venture to say that Jack might even agree.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    He needs to hire a driver.  This is third high profile car incident for him.  I’d hate it too but when you make that much money you need to hire someone.  
    Dibs on that job! :tongue:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Dibs on that job! :tongue:

he doesn’t tip.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

It is not as simple as that. Lebron has never had any debilitating injury that caused him to miss a lot of time. He has 4 rings right now and, I believe, has actually had a longer NBA career at this point that MJ's. That's a strike against him in my book. 

BUT...If Lebron missed a sizable chunk of a decade and still finished with 4 championships and had much better stats that Jordan (ala Tiger blowing Jack out of the water regarding total wins maybe), I think the people you're referencing here would be more inclined to say he's better or at least as good as MJ. 
    I don't see how you hold LBJ's durability against him.  To me,  it's the opposite.  Mario is always second to Wayne in the pantheon of hockey.  Had Mario not had cancer and a back issue,  maybe Mario is the Great One.  

Majors = titles in my book.  You get four title shots per year. 

bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Cannot argue the point on majors.  Jack is king there.  I'm the wrong guy to comment on the Jordan/Lebron comparisons because I've spent my entire life in Chicago and am biased naturally, but I get your point.  I think Brady is better than Brees even without the number of titles he has and I've watched a lot of football over the years with both of them.  All of that said, Tiger is the best to ever do it and I'd venture to say that Jack might even agree.

I'm from Cleveland so I do not like the Bulls for a million reasons, starting with Ehlo. Also love LBJ.
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

I'm from Cleveland so I do not like the Bulls for a million reasons, starting with Ehlo. Also love LBJ.
    Fair enough!  I always enjoy the conversations regarding GOATs.  I'm starting to think the only one ever that is indisputable is Tom Brady.  There are very good arguments with others, but none as indisputable as Tommy Terrific.

bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Fair enough!  I always enjoy the conversations regarding GOATs.  I'm starting to think the only one ever that is indisputable is Tom Brady.  There are very good arguments with others, but none as indisputable as Tommy Terrific.

Otto Graham... 11 championship games,  I believe 9 wins.  GOAT!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Anyone familiar with courses in the West Palm Beach area?  Going down in a couple weeks for a golf weekend and looking for some suggestions....
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

I don't see how you hold LBJ's durability against him.  To me,  it's the opposite.  Mario is always second to Wayne in the pantheon of hockey.  Had Mario not had cancer and a back issue,  maybe Mario is the Great One.  

Yeah but...who cares about hockey?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Me, plenty of people.  The analogy holds regardless. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Best golfers all time
    1- Bobby Jones
    2- Tiger Woods
    3- Golden Bear
    4- Sam Snead
    5- Ben Hogan
    This.

Me, plenty of people.  The analogy holds regardless. 
     I am talking about the major sports though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg