Blind Melon

14567810»

Comments

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Actually, I think it might be all the Canadian dates...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    whole tour cancelled the day tix go on sale. i wonder if travis split/got fired again. how odd. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    They’ve answered some fan questions on their latest Instagram post with:

“The shows were never confirmed with the band. But we are planning to come back up to Canada in 2020”
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    They’ve answered some fan questions on their latest Instagram post with:

“The shows were never confirmed with the band. But we are planning to come back up to Canada in 2020”
    how bizarre
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWNbIckifJ4

new music release party. starts at 2pm winnipeg time (central)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Glen revealed two alternate titles and artwork to Soup that Shannon pitched to the band back in the day:

Satanic Mamas and Papas
    Your Highness

https://www.facebook.com/blindmelonband/videos/something-you-did-now-know-video-1-by-glen-graham/350869379535411/?__so__=permalink&__rv__=related_videos
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

From a new interview with Guitar World:

Rather than releasing a full album, Blind Melon has been issuing songs. What was the thinking behind that?

Stevens: “I think the concept of an album, maybe it’s not necessary in the same way. Because it used to be that the record company would put an album out, and over the course of the next two years, they would selectively present you with one of the tracks you already heard. But now, the distribution model has completely changed.

We’re going to release singles every couple of months, and then when there are 10-12 of them, we’re going to press vinyl and sell it to whoever wants it. But what else is there to do? 

“And my thinking is you’re better off reminding people you still exist every couple of months than reminding them once every two years with a media blitz and they get sick of you, and then it goes away. It’s consistency…and punctuality…virtue!”

So the plan is to compile all the songs and release a full-length later this year? 

Thorn: “I hope so. I’m not sure just because of the timing of everything. But we’re staying the course and we have a bunch of songs. We’re knocking them away, finishing them up. We’ve got to get a record out this year. For sure.”

https://youtu.be/rJN1-sR73Nw

https://youtu.be/AI26AiyUAqU

https://youtu.be/lrJ8j8p_G4g

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Wonder what Brad is up to these days. No offense to Nathan, dude is a crazy talented guitarist and all around musician, but Brad had a lot of song writing mojo in Blind Melon. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    goldrush said:

From a new interview with Guitar World:

Rather than releasing a full album, Blind Melon has been issuing songs. What was the thinking behind that?

Stevens: “I think the concept of an album, maybe it’s not necessary in the same way. Because it used to be that the record company would put an album out, and over the course of the next two years, they would selectively present you with one of the tracks you already heard. But now, the distribution model has completely changed.

We’re going to release singles every couple of months, and then when there are 10-12 of them, we’re going to press vinyl and sell it to whoever wants it. But what else is there to do? 

“And my thinking is you’re better off reminding people you still exist every couple of months than reminding them once every two years with a media blitz and they get sick of you, and then it goes away. It’s consistency…and punctuality…virtue!”

So the plan is to compile all the songs and release a full-length later this year? 

Thorn: “I hope so. I’m not sure just because of the timing of everything. But we’re staying the course and we have a bunch of songs. We’re knocking them away, finishing them up. We’ve got to get a record out this year. For sure.”

https://youtu.be/rJN1-sR73Nw

https://youtu.be/AI26AiyUAqU

https://youtu.be/lrJ8j8p_G4g

i found this exciting when Billy Corgan did it. Hopefully they don't abandon it like he did. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

new song Strikes Back out today. By my count, that's 5 songs from the eventual full record that they plan to release physically when all the songs are out. 

making me buy them all twice. 

you savvy bastards.  :wink:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

anyone have any Blind Melon vinyl they wish to part with? it's all pretty expensive on discogs. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

anyone have any Blind Melon vinyl they wish to part with? it's all pretty expensive on discogs. 
    The prices for Nico are out of control. I managed to find a used 'Soup' reissue while I was at a conference in San Diego back in 19' for $15. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    The prices for Nico are out of control. I managed to find a used 'Soup' reissue while I was at a conference in San Diego back in 19' for $15. 
    the band can't even get their newest record on spotify (or, if they have now, it took years), so any hopes of them getting more vinyl in the market aren't likely either. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the band can't even get their newest record on spotify (or, if they have now, it took years), so any hopes of them getting more vinyl in the market aren't likely either. 
    I would agree with that. I love the new stuff they've put out, but not a fan of the single here, single there format. Call me old school, but I love full albums! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I would agree with that. I love the new stuff they've put out, but not a fan of the single here, single there format. Call me old school, but I love full albums! 
    i go back and forth. I really dug when Billy Corgan did it with the teargarden project. It was like a sustained excitement for new tidbits of music every 6 weeks, which I really liked (with the option to buy physical product at the end). But with BM, there's no real set schedule. I wish they'd commit to something like that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

just came across a song on a cd single called No Bidness. Here's a live version they did at Much Music. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyDw1AEQy4
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

just came across a song on a cd single called No Bidness. Here's a live version they did at Much Music. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyDw1AEQy4
    Love that performance! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    There was a new Nico for $34 the other day on there. 

My local Barnes & Noble has had Nico for $10!!! Up until last week.  Gone now

DAMMIT. I guess I need to go shopping at actual brick and mortar instead of online. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

NOOOOOOO!!! Haha!! I really want that one. 
    www.cluthelee.com