The Golf Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Cool golf trips for you both. I like the idea of doing golf trips somewhere warm when its cold at home, but when I’ve done them in the past I end up golfing poorly because I’m not getting any reps at home. Golf trips during season when I’m playing regularly end up going a lot better (at least the quality of golf). 
    Yeah.  We're looking into doing a quick weekend away to Florida to play in the next few weeks but the quality of golf might be pretty rough. Although at this point I don't really care about that, I just need to get the hell out of here for a few days.
    So weird to see the 16th at the Waste Management not have the usual insanity.  But it's still refreshing to see them having some fans out there.  Between that and the Euro Tour tourney in Saudi, 2 really good tournaments going this weekend.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    So weird to see the 16th at the Waste Management not have the usual insanity.  But it's still refreshing to see them having some fans out there.  Between that and the Euro Tour tourney in Saudi, 2 really good tournaments going this weekend.
    I have a couple buddies at the tournament.  Their first time hanging at the 16th.  It's a shame they can't get the real experience, but still cool to watch the pros do their thing.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Well well well
    Hahahahahhaa
    Fuck it

That putt on 17 was insane.  Is he back?!?
    That putt on 17 was insane.  Is he back?!?
    His tee game looks as horrid as ever so maybe not but this is a hell of a round 
    Yep pretty wild off the tee but hitting plenty of great recovery shots.  61 not too shabby.  Tomorrow is going to be a great day.
    Yep pretty wild off the tee but hitting plenty of great recovery shots.  61 not too shabby.  Tomorrow is going to be a great day.
    Yeah man. We’re getting snow tomorrow too so good day to be locked in
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    Golf is better with Jordan Spieth in the mix.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    What a finish here.  How does Xander hit in the water on 17?   The one place you can't go.  Winning is tough.
    edited February 2021
    Stricker has to "love" seeing all these ryder cup hopefuls melting under pressure while he beats them at age 53.
    Guy that works for me hit on koepka winning, schffler top 10 and stricker top 10
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    Guy that works for me hit on koepka winning, schffler top 10 and stricker top 10
    As a treble?
    Damn.  That's a nice payday...Brooks was 40 to 1 to win coming off 3 straight MC's.  Stricker top 10 finish had to be a really nice payout too.
    I think Spieth closes it out today.  Watching golf at Pebble never gets old.  And even nicer this year with no 5-6 hour rounds because of the pro-am.
    Pebble rules. Drinking with a surf and turf dinner tonight and no work tomorrow (no work doesn’t exist these days, but no one bugging me at least). Fuck and yes. 
    Pebble rules. Drinking with a surf and turf dinner tonight and no work tomorrow (no work doesn’t exist these days, but no one bugging me at least). Fuck and yes. 
    It's the best.  Just told my wife that at some point in my life I'm dropping the $500-600 and playing Pebble.  She then asked how many balls I'd hit into the ocean.  A lot.  And it would be glorious!!!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    It's the best.  Just told my wife that at some point in my life I'm dropping the $500-600 and playing Pebble.  She then asked how many balls I'd hit into the ocean.  A lot.  And it would be glorious!!!
    Just don't tell her that you'll have to stay at one of their hotels in order to book a tee time more than 24 hours in advance. The price of them makes the green fee look like peanuts. 

Pebble would be amazing, but I think if I was really going to make a trip of it, I’d do Bandon Dunes. Somewhat similar experience being right on the Pacific at a friendlier price point. I get that Pebble is a bucket list course though.  After getting cracked on the hotel and greens fees, imagine how much you’d piss away in the pro shop too. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    bbiggs said:
    Pebble would be amazing, but I think if I was really going to make a trip of it, I’d do Bandon Dunes. Somewhat similar experience being right on the Pacific at a friendlier price point. I get that Pebble is a bucket list course though.  After getting cracked on the hotel and greens fees, imagine how much you’d piss away in the pro shop too. 
    I concur. 

Also--FUCK THIS WHITE SHIT THAT'S BEEN ON THE GROUND FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS. 

God, I cannot wait to golf again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    I concur. 

Also--FUCK THIS WHITE SHIT THAT'S BEEN ON THE GROUND FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS. 

God, I cannot wait to golf again. 

Agreed!  And it may be a while here in Chicago...
    Yep, this lack of golf has been brutal.  It kept me sane last year getting out of the house and doing something.  Stuck inside every weekend with the kids and nothing to do is driving me nuts.  I've been going to hit balls at the practice bays at the PGA Tour superstore like once a week lately...pretty nice setup they have there and it gives you all the launch monitor stats.
    Yep, this lack of golf has been brutal.  It kept me sane last year getting out of the house and doing something.  Stuck inside every weekend with the kids and nothing to do is driving me nuts.  I've been going to hit balls at the practice bays at the PGA Tour superstore like once a week lately...pretty nice setup they have there and it gives you all the launch monitor stats.
    Yeah, man.  Agreed on all points.  I should head to the PGA Superstore as well.  Great place to get swings in.  You go to the one in Downers Grove?

bbiggs said:
    Yeah, man.  Agreed on all points.  I should head to the PGA Superstore as well.  Great place to get swings in.  You go to the one in Downers Grove?

Forgot they have a PGA in Schaumburg.  Probably your spot.  I go to D.G....nice facility.

Riviera is sweet. At this time of day with no fans is pretty cool to see too
    Riviera is sweet. At this time of day with no fans is pretty cool to see too
    Yeah this is always one of my favorite tournaments.  Classic course.  Hoping Homa pulls it out.
    Holy shit what a shot!!
    Playoff!