~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited January 2021
    Awww, how’s not-so-little-anymore Groucho?

He and Flea would have a blast.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2021
    He’s doing better. He had some struvite crystals, but I think he pissed them all away. 

One of these (and perhaps the earlier) was taken while he was on his pain meds, I think. 

And he would love to pounce Flea, I’m sure. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yeah, by those dilated pupils, he looks high as a mofo in the first one. 

George just sleeps (more than usual) from the morphine but much improvement has been made. 
    Just because (and I miss our girl).

The routine after dinner seems to be play hard, crash, then wake up later for some chase/playtime with the boy. 

I resisted the lure of that belly. It’s a “no” spot for her.

From oh-so-cute (above) to makes-me-want-to-barf (below)!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    The routine after dinner seems to be play hard, crash, then wake up later for some chase/playtime with the boy. 

I resisted the lure of that belly. It’s a “no” spot for her.

That must have been hard. That belly is ripe for petting. So cute.

dankind said:
    From oh-so-cute (above) to makes-me-want-to-barf (below)!

They both look content as can be.

GG, I have too many little scratches (and a couple of good ones) to dare such an action. Won’t get fooled again!
  • Watching the sun go down.

I already posted this in the Funny thread, but thought it should go here as well. For some reason this video cracks me up.

Watching the sun go down.

Watching cats enjoying the sun in all its forms is the best. 

GG, George adores drinking from the bathroom sink, but isn’t allowed back up there until his fat ass loses some weight. 
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246

Here are some stray kittens that live at out shop, very friendly and tame, they even let us pet them, we have a vet around the corner who also helps with shots and meds. Have found homes for a few of them, but in this area there are stray cats and dogs everywhere! 
    Previously known as Elzar
  • hedonist said:

GG, George adores drinking from the bathroom sink, but isn’t allowed back up there until his fat ass loses some weight. 

Your kitten is so stinking cute, Hedo. 
    hedonist said:

But does George at least get the water in his mouth and not just lick at the air :lol:

How is his diet journey going?
    That stray kitten just breaks my heart.

Flea has been such a wonderful addition to our family.  She's hilarious and learning quickly, and brings out a maternal side of me.  As does our resident big boy.  No kiddos needed :lol:

GG, he's okay during the day but we're trying to figure out how to prevent the 4am "It's imperative you feed me now or I'll simply die!" meows.  I swear, if he could dramatically drape a paw over his forehead, he would.
    First she prevents me from even beginning to put together my Beatles puzzle. Now I discovered she destroyed a Beatles Abbey Road crossing card sent by a friend. Ringo is barely hanging on and John is missing altogether.

Her reaction to my “scolding” (I am such a sucker):

edited February 2021
    hedonist said:
    First she prevents me from even beginning to put together my Beatles puzzle. Now I discovered she destroyed a Beatles Abbey Road crossing card sent by a friend. Ringo is barely hanging on and John is missing altogether.

Her reaction to my “scolding” (I am such a sucker):

They certainly can manipulate us with just one adorable look. Flea has mastered that one for sure. What a cutie!!
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    Two cats + catnip =

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Did you take that photo? Is there a special name for your cream cakes / buns?

• Did you take that photo? Is there a special name for your cream cakes / buns?
    Yes. My photo. My cat.

Semla 
    The semla – a small, wheat flour bun, flavoured with cardamom and filled with almond paste and whipped cream – has become something of a carb-packed icon in Sweden. The traditions of semla are rooted in fettisdag (Shrove Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday) when the buns were eaten at a last celebratory feast before the Christian fasting period of Lent.
    https://sweden.se/culture-traditions/the-semla-more-than-just-a-bun/#:~:text=The semla – a small, wheat,carb-packed icon in Sweden.

recipe:

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/swedish-semla-recipe

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ah right brilly, they sound nice. We have pancakes on shrove Tuesday. When things go back to normal I'll try to remember to visit Sweden around Feb to Easter time. Did you make them?
  • Ah right brilly, they sound nice. We have pancakes on shrove Tuesday. When things go back to normal I'll try to remember to visit Sweden around Feb to Easter time. Did you make them?
    I bought them at a vegan-café in town. 

But they are ofc usually being done with regular cream. And my mom used to make them for us when growing up.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

But they are ofc usually being done with regular cream. And my mom used to make them for us when growing up.
    I'll have to try one some day :)

I'll have to try one some day :)
    The next "Semle day" is on the first of march 2022. So put it in your calendar :;)
    This girl again. 

I SAW PEARL JAM

Imagine being this flexible. 
    GlowGirl said:

Imagine being this flexible. 
    Who hasn’t?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I used to be that flexible. Sort of. Ha. 

We have a comforter similar to the one Mama’s on. They go to town making biscuits on it; Flea licks it too. Silly kitty. 

This guy’s being a real dick. 

Mama had some trauma earlier and injured her hind leg—my son’s teepee collapsed on her, and she got all twisted up in it (maybe a vet drop off tomorrow)—and he’s been growling and hissing at her ever since. 

Poor girl. 

I SAW PEARL JAM