Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This lady is straight up nuts.  I'm trying not to give her any attention though...might need to stay out of this thread moving forward as I just gave her attention!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

OAC vs. "M.T. Head" Greene, The Blonde Adult-Teen Rage Queen
    Clearly, we know has it more together here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:

OAC vs. "M.T. Head" Greene, The Blonde Adult-Teen Rage Queen
    Clearly, we know has it more together here.
    Lame comeback unfortunately.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    AOC needs to be more careful. Someone may take her down for the comma splice.  "Next time try 'single-handedly.' It'll work better."  

Greene is just another Big Ego looking to be World Troll Supreme.  Ho hum to that.  She will fade into oblivion one of these days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/01/gop-once-knew-what-do-about-problems-like-marjorie-taylor-greene/

Just how low can Republicans go?

Look at House GOP leaders wringing their hands over Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), the freshman lawmaker known for racist, anti-Semitic and Islamophobic views. Contrast their anxious cries of “Oh, dear me, what do we do about Marjorie?” with the moment decades ago when the party had to contend with David Duke, the neo-Nazi former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard.

At a Nov. 6, 1991, news conference 10 days before Louisianans went to the polls to vote for governor, GOP President George H.W. Bush urged them not to support Duke, the Republican on the ticket. Bush said:

“When someone asserts that the Holocaust never took place, then I don’t believe that person ever deserves one iota of public trust,” Bush said. “And when someone has so recently endorsed Nazism, it is inconceivable that such a person can legitimately aspire to leadership — in a leadership role in a free society. And when someone has a long record, an ugly record, of racism and of bigotry, that record simply cannot be erased by the glib rhetoric of a political campaign.

“So, I believe that David Duke is an insincere charlatan,” Bush continued. “I believe he is attempting to hoodwink the voters of Louisiana, and I believe that he should be rejected for what he is and what he stands for.”

On Election Day, Democrat Edwin Edwards won with 61 percent of the vote.

That’s not all. When Duke announced a run for the U.S. Senate in 2016, Reince Priebus, then the Republican National Committee chairman, also pounced: “David Duke & his hateful bigotry have no place in the Republican Party & the RNC will never support his candidacy under any circumstance.” Duke got 3 percent of the vote.

That was back then.

In 2020, a Republican showed up on the scene bearing a social media history positing that “Rothschild Inc” and others used solar-powered lasers orbiting in space to touch off deadly California wildfires to clear space for a high-speed rail project. That, it goes without saying, was false. But the lie was very much in keeping with the odious and persistent slurs about Jewish wealth and power pulling strings in the shadows.

The same Republican also suggested that the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., was faked by anti-gun activists; mocked a young victim of gun violence; said former president Barack Obama “is a Muslim” and that “Valerie Jarrett is too”; and described the events leading up to the Jan. 6 invasion of the Capitol to interrupt the formalizing of 2020 elections as the Republicans’ “1776 moment.”

That same Republican said, in a January 2019 Facebook video, that “it’s a crime punishable by death is what treason is. Nancy Pelosi is guilty of treason.” (“Over the years, I’ve had teams of people manage my pages. Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views,” the Republican said in a statement.) That Republican also has a video petitioning the White House to support the impeachment of the House speaker for treason, because she opposed former president Donald Trump’s border wall and supported so-called sanctuary policies that allegedly “are serving illegals and not United States citizens.” That same Republican, in a February 2019 Facebook live stream, suggested that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) was “just as guilty of treason as Nancy Pelosi.”

What are Republicans to do about a Republican lawmaker who has said, “George Soros is the piece of crap that turned in — he’s a Jew — he turned in his own people over to the Nazis”? A 13-year-old Soros, The Post has reported, used false papers to survive the Nazi occupation of Hungary and called any suggestion he turned over Jews to the Nazis a “total fabrication.”

Whatever in the world is there to say?

Well, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a founder of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, has hailed that Republican — Greene — as, “exactly the kind of fighter needed in Washington to stand with me against the radical left.”

And Trump tweeted congratulations to Greene for her House victory in November, calling her a “future Republican star.” Tweeted Trump: “Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up — a real WINNER!”

George Herbert Walker Bush’s day is gone. So, too, is the Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Charles McC. Mathias, Edward Brooke and John McCain.

Bush stood down Duke. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), caught in the cross fire, has worked up the nerve to have a meeting with Greene this week.

How low can today’s Republicans go? What’s below the sewers?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/01/politics/mcconnell-marjorie-taylor-greene-cancer-republican-party/index.html
    A month ago I would of never thought Moscow Mitch would put country before party low&behold ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,414
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/01/politics/mcconnell-marjorie-taylor-greene-cancer-republican-party/index.html
    A month ago I would of never thought Moscow Mitch would put country before party low&behold ..

please. its all about party. always will be.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I disagree. he's trying to salvage his own career and party before people like her destroy it from within. he knew he could control trump to a degree, and really didn't have much of a choice after he got the nom, but people like Greene? needs to pull that weed ASAP
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I disagree. he's trying to salvage his own career and party before people like her destroy it from within. he knew he could control trump to a degree, and really didn't have much of a choice after he got the nom, but people like Greene? needs to pull that weed ASAP
    I agree about McConnell serving McConnell, but I think this is about optics more than substance.

By being vocal about Greene, I suspect McConnell believes he can associate her with remnants of Trump, and make it seem like a small insidious group is attempting to splinter the party. I suspect he'll soon do a half-assed 'cleaning house' of members who were so outrageous, that they can become 'fall guys' for the party, and McConnell can be the one to usher in their 'return to dignity'. Or some other BS.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Good ol' Lindsey isn't sure yet. They exchanged pleasantries once so maybe these posts weren't really from her...

Some Senate Republicans were not eager to talk about Greene, however.

Sen. Todd C. Young (R-Ind.) told reporters that there was no discussion of the freshman House member during Tuesday’s Senate Republican conference meeting. “None. None whatsoever. … We didn’t talk about problems in the Democratic Party, either. Just — problems in parties were not subject of conversation,” Young said.
    Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters he wants to hear personally from Greene on whether her reported social media postings are real, and if so, whether she still believes the things she posted. He noted that he had a “very pleasant experience” flying to Georgia with Greene ahead of last month’s Senate runoff elections.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    tbergs said:
    Good ol' Lindsey isn't sure yet. They exchanged pleasantries once so maybe these posts weren't really from her...

Some Senate Republicans were not eager to talk about Greene, however.

Sen. Todd C. Young (R-Ind.) told reporters that there was no discussion of the freshman House member during Tuesday’s Senate Republican conference meeting. “None. None whatsoever. … We didn’t talk about problems in the Democratic Party, either. Just — problems in parties were not subject of conversation,” Young said.
    Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters he wants to hear personally from Greene on whether her reported social media postings are real, and if so, whether she still believes the things she posted. He noted that he had a “very pleasant experience” flying to Georgia with Greene ahead of last month’s Senate runoff elections.
    He could not be more full of shit. Not gonna fit. Filled to the brim of shit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    for a while i have been thinking they need to expel her from congress.

now i am thinking maybe the dems should let her stay and then use her to make money for 2022 and 2024 candidates. if they expel her she becomes a martyr and a way for the gop to fundraise vs dems in the upcoming elections.

i hate our system..

I think about this post almost ever time I see this thread.  I'm starting to think it has a lot of merit.  (I could say that about most of gimme's posts!) 

Yeah, leave her in there.  She can only make her twisted faction of the Republican party look like fools.  I really feel badly for the folks who are involved in the Lincoln Project and for other moderate Republicans.  Maybe if the likes of Greene are left in place, the more intelligent members of the party will start (or continue) their own rebellion against such foolishness and we can go back to having a reasonable two parties again.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

now i am thinking maybe the dems should let her stay and then use her to make money for 2022 and 2024 candidates. if they expel her she becomes a martyr and a way for the gop to fundraise vs dems in the upcoming elections.

i hate our system..

I think about this post almost ever time I see this thread.  I'm starting to think it has a lot of merit.  (I could say that about most of gimme's posts!) 

Yeah, leave her in there.  She can only make her twisted faction of the Republican party look like fools.  I really feel badly for the folks who are involved in the Lincoln Project and for other moderate Republicans.  Maybe if the likes of Greene are left in place, the more intelligent members of the party will start (or continue) their own rebellion against such foolishness and we can go back to having a reasonable two parties again.
    ....or you let her become part of the established party and risk her becoming Trump 2.0. it's a fine line, and a risky one. the longer she's there, the more normalized she becomes. the more normalized she becomes, the easier it will be for other republicans to start latching onto some of her tactics to try to get their voices heard. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

i hate our system..

....or you let her become part of the established party and risk her becoming Trump 2.0. it's a fine line, and a risky one. the longer she's there, the more normalized she becomes. the more normalized she becomes, the easier it will be for other republicans to start latching onto some of her tactics to try to get their voices heard. 
    What you're describing is a recipe for disaster for the republican party. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

brianlux said:

i hate our system..

You could be right, though I hope not.  If the like of Greene were to become normalized in Congress and becomes Trump 2.0, this country will further begin to look like this:
    Sinking Ship GIF  Gfycat

I surely hope we don't go there.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

i hate our system..

You could be right, though I hope not.  If the like of Greene were to become normalized in Congress and becomes Trump 2.0, this Republican party will further begin to look like this:
    Sinking Ship GIF  Gfycat

Fixed it for ya
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    As a woman she should be ashamed of herself
    As a human she should be ashamed of herself
    As an American she should be ashamed of herself
    As a retRUmplican she has no shame
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

i hate our system..

You could be right, though I hope not.  If the like of Greene were to become normalized in Congress and becomes Trump 2.0, this Republican party will further begin to look like this:
    Sinking Ship GIF  Gfycat

Fixed it for ya

Well done, Juggler!  :plus_one:

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    brianlux said:

i hate our system..

That's my fear.  I remember people saying "I hope they nominate Trump."  I would always say "be careful what you wish for..." Would this nutbar have less of a chance to win than someone sane? Maybe a little but we have seen that anyone with and "R" has a real chance.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

i hate our system..

That's my fear.  I remember people saying "I hope they nominate Trump."  I would always say "be careful what you wish for..." Would this nutbar have less of a chance to win than someone sane? Maybe a little but we have seen that anyone with and "R" has a real chance.
    This is who the majority of the Republican voting base is anymore.  If they go against these people they will never win a major election again.  All this is political theater.  They are going to circle the wagons at all costs when the next election comes.  I cut all the crazies out of my life but being that I work and live in Texas I can tell you MTG is the GOP status quo.  If she is for some reason the new face of the party they will hmm and haw and eventually fall right in line.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

i hate our system..

Sinking Ship GIF  Gfycat

Fixed it for ya

Well done, Juggler!  :plus_one:
    You are welcome. Making this woman the face of the republican party should be a top priority for democrats. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,414
    edited February 2021
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14