I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    Two more KG records show up! 

The Tone Poets are awesome!  I listened to Donald Byrd last night, so good.
    Byrd tonight.  I listened to Grant Green last night and it was fantastic.  So smooth and cool.  It's not part of the Tone Poet series, but it's just as good in fidelity.  $22 on Amazon was nice.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Lucero - When You Found Me
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Couple KG cuts

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Stuff I've gotten over the last month or so.

• Stuff I've gotten over the last month or so.

Cold War Kids!  Yeahhhh!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

With all the Kevin Gray talk going on earlier in the week, I decide pick up this gem today.

Don’t sleep on these Blue Note Classic reissues. They seem to be disappearing...

With all the Kevin Gray talk going on earlier in the week, I decide pick up this gem today.

Don’t sleep on these Blue Note Classic reissues. They seem to be disappearing...
    I need to get that too.

Here's a really interesting interview with Don Was, president of Blue Note,  talking about some of their releases and working with the best engineers and plants.  If you're into the mechanics of it all,  you'd enjoy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.discogs.com/en/blue-note-don-was-interview-classic-vinyl-series/amp/
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Stuff I've gotten over the last month or so.

Cold War Kids!  Yeahhhh!
    Somehow I missed picking this one up on vinyl earlier. Possibly my favorite of theirs!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    mrussel1 said:

I need to get that too.

Here's a really interesting interview with Don Was, president of Blue Note,  talking about some of their releases and working with the best engineers and plants.  If you're into the mechanics of it all,  you'd enjoy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.discogs.com/en/blue-note-don-was-interview-classic-vinyl-series/amp/
    I was half listening to Was on Rick Rubin’s podcast. They were discussing the Blue Note stuff. I’ll have to give it and your recommendation a listen tomorrow. Rubin’s podcast is pretty good as well.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Must buys.........

Blue Note Classic Series
    Blue Note Tone Poets
    Acoustic Sounds Series

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Must buys.........

Blue Note Classic Series
    Blue Note Tone Poets
    Acoustic Sounds Series

Toilet paper. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Found these two great oldies in one of my more scare (these days) thrift store outings.  The Waylon Jennings in general is great and worth it for the cover song alone.  The Ramsey Lewis Trio LP is cool and covers a lot of ground, from funky jazz with the trio augmented a bit to blissful soul stirring solo piano.   Great stuff!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    ^^I drove by my local digging spot and waved to the records. I miss the hunt. Nothing quite like walking in and seeing a fresh dusty box being dragged out. It was all about the timing. Fattened up my collection with different stuff that way. Cheap. 
    Super lucky score today.  NM original pressing of Layla.  And it's a MONARCH! The owner knew it was original so $15, but I didn't realize it was monarch until I got home. 

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Super lucky score today.  NM original pressing of Layla.  And it's a MONARCH! The owner knew it was original so $15, but I didn't realize it was monarch until I got home. 

Very Nice
    Also...

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mrussel1 said:
    Also...

Nice. As I am reacquainting myself with my vinyl collection I have found that some of my records are missing. Probably got lost in various moves or mixed up with old roommates records. Abacab is one of the missing. 
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Also...

Nice. As I am reacquainting myself with my vinyl collection I have found that some of my records are missing. Probably got lost in various moves or mixed up with old roommates records. Abacab is one of the missing. 
    I had forgotten how many great songs genesis wrote.  I'm also reacquainting myself with some 80s bands too, which I ignored for many years
  • mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Also...

I had forgotten how many great songs genesis wrote.  I'm also reacquainting myself with some 80s bands too, which I ignored for many years
    Genesis is one of the all time underrated bands. Duke is an all time great album from Duke to Guiding vocal every song is a musical clinic. The older stuff?  Things of legend.  
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    NEVER go to the record store when someone pays back a sizable loan. IN CASH...... trust me...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Nice!  Is there a zipper on the sticky? Love Gaucho
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice!  Is there a zipper on the sticky? Love Gaucho

yes, thats why there is a store sticker taped over with price stickers. to protect the other records....

Gaucho, I had 3 copies to choose from...... these were all out of the "new" used bins, so they hadnt been in the store long.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    NEVER go to the record store when someone pays back a sizable loan. IN CASH...... trust me...

I keep forgetting that Clash album was the influence to the PJ tour sticker...

Also Kill em All is better than Ride.
    mickeyrat said:

and Master is better than both.

mickeyrat said:

Fuck no
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Any LCD Soundsystem fans, this is on Amazon.ca for like $15 right now. Double vinyl. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Good mail day today. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

Good mail day today. 
    I have the original RSD of the Monk.  It's excellent.  The VPM is from the same cut.  You should enjoy it.  I love mono with jazz.  Sometimes the stereo is hard panned and unnatural, so getting a great mono is a treat. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I went to a funeral near Cincinnati Friday. The next day before we headed home we stopped at a couple of record stores. I got the Iron Maiden from Facebook. 
    I went to a funeral near Cincinnati Friday. The next day before we headed home we stopped at a couple of record stores. I got the Iron Maiden from Facebook. 

was one of the stores the plaid room?