Marjorie Taylor Greene

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
edited January 2021 in A Moving Train

she called the parkland HS shootings a staged event, she has filed articles of impeachment against president biden and she takes her cues from Qanon.

how the fuck does someone this clueless and vile get elected? oh wait, trump got elected.....

still, it blows my mind.
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Despicable. 
    Or is that too generous a term for this woman?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Can we compile some of her craziest quotes here for quick reference?  I don't enjoy asking people to do my research for me, but I have very little time free with a decent internet connection, the passing 3G signal I live on really hampers my ability to load any page that I don't frequent enough to build a nice jar of cookies.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    I've said this ln another thread, but this lady is bat shit crazy. 
    brianlux said:
    Despicable. 
    Or is that too generous a term for this woman?
    Way, way too generous.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    I guess her new nickname is:

Klan of The Green Gables
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Full blown! 
    Full blown! 
    She has posted some wild shit.
    She is hardcore pro life, yet screams "my body, my choice" as her defense for refusing to wear a mask. Completely off her fucking rocker. I need to move back to Boston haha
    edited January 2021
    rgambs said:
    Can we compile some of her craziest quotes here for quick reference?  I don't enjoy asking people to do my research for me, but I have very little time free with a decent internet connection, the passing 3G signal I live on really hampers my ability to load any page that I don't frequent enough to build a nice jar of cookies.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/fact-check-marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter-election-capitol/index.html
    This is a quick list of some of her "hot takes". Seeing them all together just reinforces how unhinged she is. The crazy part is that is just some of the dumbassery (not sure if that is a word, but I like it) that she has spouted.  
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
    Full blown! 
    She is hardcore pro life, yet screams "my body, my choice" as her defense for refusing to wear a mask. Completely off her fucking rocker. I need to move back to Boston haha
    I served in the Navy with someone who grew up in the area of Georgia she represents. Based on my recollection of the things Luke said and did, I am pretty sure she is wildly popular there. 
    edited January 2021
    Full blown! 
    I served in the Navy with someone who grew up in the area of Georgia she represents. Based on my recollection of the things Luke said and did, I am pretty sure she is wildly popular there. 
    She is probably in her area. Where I live is mostly northeast transplants and she is hated.
    I know a few people who voted for her and have expressed regret. Too late now.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Is it much of a stretch to call her mainstream-GOP at this point?  Q, or at least some of its traits, seems to be embraced by a lot of people these days.  Maybe the “JFK, Jr. is alive” stuff is pretty fringe, but the devotion to owning the libs and not worrying all that much about, you know, America? That’s where the right is at right now.  

I am sure her rural (I assume) Georgia district is particularly suited for someone like her, but a lot of GOP reps are probably her Q in R clothing.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Full blown! 
    She is probably in her area. Where I live is mostly northeast transplants and she is hated.
    I can relate to living in an area where the politician who represents you is problematic, although not to extent that MTG is. I live in the district in Illinois that Mary Miller represents. She voted against certifying the election results and was blasted for her "Hitler got one thing right" comment. She later apologized for it, but the fact that she was tone deaf enough to say it in the first place says a lot.   
    Full blown! 
    I can relate to living in an area where the politician who represents you is problematic, although not to extent that MTG is. I live in the district in Illinois that Mary Miller represents. She voted against certifying the election results and was blasted for her "Hitler got one thing right" comment. She later apologized for it, but the fact that she was tone deaf enough to say it in the first place says a lot.   
    Yeah, I thankfully don't live in her district, but have a few co-workers who do. I live in the northern most part of Gwinnett, which leans heavy democrat (or at least it has since I relocated here from Mass). Her views are not well received, at least in my area. 

I didn't see that comment from Mary Miller. I'll need to go look that up. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    Full blown! 
    The hypocrisy is seen as a virtue, because "F the libs". 
    OnWis97 said:
    Is it much of a stretch to call her mainstream-GOP at this point?  Q, or at least some of its traits, seems to be embraced by a lot of people these days.  Maybe the “JFK, Jr. is alive” stuff is pretty fringe, but the devotion to owning the libs and not worrying all that much about, you know, America? That’s where the right is at right now.  

I am sure her rural (I assume) Georgia district is particularly suited for someone like her, but a lot of GOP reps are probably her Q in R clothing.
    Not a stretch, unfortunately. 
    However, I don't think the narrative she and others are pushing will be sustainable to become the mainstream of the GOP. From an optics standpoint, I think they will be pushed to the fringes of the party in order to lure back voters who flipped due to Trump and others. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Poncier said:
    I guess her new nickname is:

Klan of The Green Gables
    i saw that on twitter. fucking gold. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I also saw someone post "did you ask for the manager already, Qaren?". also gold. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Full blown! 
    they must have gerrymandered the fuck out of her district. the lone moderate democratic rep we had in utah just got defeated by a Q spouting, election doubting moron with absolutely no bona fides....all because they gerrymanded salt lake city to include very red utah county. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    i live next to the gerrymandered district outside of buffalo that elected Chris Collins who had completely checked out and was obviously heading for jail.
    I assume state legislatures draw up the gerrymandered districts. Our legislation is 85+% republican.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Full blown! 
    they must have gerrymandered the fuck out of her district. the lone moderate democratic rep we had in utah just got defeated by a Q spouting, election doubting moron with absolutely no bona fides....all because they gerrymanded salt lake city to include very red utah county. :angry:
    Her district is pretty rural, and borders TN & AL. She wouldn't have a chance outside those rural areas.

SLC is an interesting place. My wife is from Park City so there often. Got myself in trouble showing up to see my buddy at Boston College play at BYU with a bunch of beer. That didn't go well.
    park city (summit county) and SLC would definitely elect a democrat. but then you have the gerrymandering.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I wonder if Al Franken would have resigned for that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    he is a democrat. they resign at the first call for their resignation. republicans quadruple down on not resigning.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Are any Republicans going even so far as to suggest some of these things coming out about her are "concerning?"  I'm surprised they're not pretending that this isn't what the party is, now. Absent any response, how are we not to assume that they're embracing this because of the importance of owning the libs?  I suppose Susan Collins is hedging her bets and waiting to see if Greene becomes the model for elected GOP representatives. (Spoiler alert: she is the new model.)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    he is a democrat. they resign at the first call for their resignation. republicans quadruple down on not resigning.
    He's also a creep and should have resigned over that photo incident.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    He's also a creep and should have resigned over that photo incident.
    correct. but republicans are allowed to stay in office even when accused of things 100x worse. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD