Options

2021 TOUR SHOULD PEARL JAM POSTPONE/CANCEL SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

dannydanny Posts: 2,270
with all this going on,who honestly think hyde park will go ahead or other venues,myself personally i would like to know asap 
danny d

Comments

• Options
    European tour isn't going to happen as planned so may as well let us know now 
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    I've been sitting in line in St. Louis since last spring.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    Hope for your sake they don’t permanently end GA.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    I'm not sure I see a difference between GA and seated.  Sure GA is a little more dense, but either way your going to encounter lots of strangers within 2 metres of you.  While your sitting, standing, walking to your seats, or lining up for merch.

If the virus is still spreading enough that GA is a concern, I'm guessing we're still at the no concert stage.

We've still got our GA tix for both Oakland shows, so fingers crossed.   I also don't want to have to go through getting GA tickets again, that's not easy :)

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,074
    I think they are best to wait until nearer the time. I would suggest May.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Well, now that we have a president who doesn't deny a pandemic...

It's not a panacea, but it sure is a step in the right direction.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    I'm a very positive person and always hope for the best but in this instance I cannot see the tour happening in Europe this year. Our government in Ireland will be advising against any foreign travel most likely until September at the earliest. And I'm sure other European countries are the same - I know Spain for example are asking people not to book holidays until late summer/autumn. 
  • Options
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138

I'm in reserved seating, I just really don't want to miss out on a poster, haha.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    I think best case scenario is 2022 looks like 2020 was supposed to - North America sometime winter/spring 2022 (maybe they can add second Toronto and second NYC shows?) and then Europe summer 2022.  Europe is different though as decisions/announcements have to be coordinated with festivals.

I sort of hope they announce something like this sooner than later to have something on the books to look forward to.  Some bands are on their fourth or fifth reschedule now and I think PJ is trying to avoid that, understandably so.

I don’t think we will see “watered down” PJ shows with no GA or limited capacity.  GA/reserved with 15,000 people under one roof doesn’t make a difference, if this virus is present still, it will spread.  And I don’t think concerts are profitable with reduced seating.  Sports are different due to the TV contracts being the main revenue source and not gate receipts.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    Ryan said:
    I think best case scenario is 2022 looks like 2020 was supposed to - North America sometime winter/spring 2022 (maybe they can add second Toronto and second NYC shows?) and then Europe summer 2022.  Europe is different though as decisions/announcements have to be coordinated with festivals.

I sort of hope they announce something like this sooner than later to have something on the books to look forward to.  Some bands are on their fourth or fifth reschedule now and I think PJ is trying to avoid that, understandably so.

I don’t think we will see “watered down” PJ shows with no GA or limited capacity.  GA/reserved with 15,000 people under one roof doesn’t make a difference, if this virus is present still, it will spread.  And I don’t think concerts are profitable with reduced seating.  Sports are different due to the TV contracts being the main revenue source and not gate receipts.

If you want two Toronto shows, the best bet might be summer. They had a bit of an issue there in the spring with venue availability with one team. I'd imagine it would be trickier with two teams.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Ryan said:

If you want two Toronto shows, the best bet might be summer. They had a bit of an issue there in the spring with venue availability with one team. I'd imagine it would be trickier with two teams.
    Actually TO has 4 teams that play at that arena in the winter. That said there should still be no issue getting a back to back planning ahead just like they did in 2016. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    danny said:
    with all this going on,who honestly think hyde park will go ahead or other venues,myself personally i would like to know asap 

Unfortunately it's not gonna happen.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Ryan said:

Actually TO has 4 teams that play at that arena in the winter. That said there should still be no issue getting a back to back planning ahead just like they did in 2016. 
    You mean the time the second night was rescheduled due to a Raptors game? (Ah, the things we used to consider problems...)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 756
    Matinee and evening show like Disney on Ice?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    PJNB said:
    Ryan said:

You mean the time the second night was rescheduled due to a Raptors game? (Ah, the things we used to consider problems...)
    Playoffs are a different story of course. Lets book it in January and not have to worry about any of that! Just the snow storms! 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    Please i really hope they  do not cancel this tour.  I'll happily wait until 2022 or whenever its safe to do so.  Tickets were really hard to get this time and I do not want to go through that again, but if we have to then so be it.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    jefft said:
    Please i really hope they  do not cancel this tour.  I'll happily wait until 2022 or whenever its safe to do so.  Tickets were really hard to get this time and I do not want to go through that again, but if we have to then so be it.
    Agreed.  We’ve stuck it out this long, as a show of good faith they should give those who don’t want a refund the option to keep their tickets. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore