~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    hedonist said:
    I love the kitties snuggling!

And Merlin, I know that look all too well. Some cats’ faces speak volumes. 

GG, Flea’s belly is the one place that prompts claws and nipping...unless she’s sleeping ;)
    Daisy’s belly and paws are off limits as well for the most part. She doesn’t nip but gives me an annoyed look. Tristan on the other hand will roll over just to get belly rubs. He also doesn’t mind getting his little paw pads rubbed either. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Looking at the morning birds & squirrels 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ah, Sunday morning.

I was awakened early by one cat, then “encouraged” to get out of bed by his tiny cohort.

Tough to be grumpy at the double cuteness. 
    hedonist said:
    Ah, Sunday morning.

I was awakened early by one cat, then “encouraged” to get out of bed by his tiny cohort.

Tough to be grumpy at the double cuteness. 
    My cats do this all the time. Today they let me sleep in though. How are the two getting along now? Are they friends yet?
    They are! No snuggling yet but they play together a lot. He dwarfs her :lol:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    So gross!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    dankind said:

“In heaven, everything is fine.”

Just saw that there were two cats on the radiator. Only noticed one at first :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    dankind said:
    So gross!

That is too sweet.

Admit it, you “awww’d” a bit when you saw them like that. 
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    So gross!

That is too sweet.

Admit it, you “awww’d” a bit when you saw them like that. 
    Never. It grosses me out and fills me with huge disappointment in Groucho; he is an abomination, an insult to the species. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    New (and improved!) tree, sunshine streaming in, lazy playing and sleep: A cat’s nirvana.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    hedonist said:
    New (and improved!) tree, sunshine streaming in, lazy playing and sleep: A cat’s nirvana.

Flea looks like she enjoys getting her photo taken. Look at that pose. What a cutie. George looks like he is whipping that tail.

Sweet. Looking very content there.

• GlowGirl said:

She has become very comfortable and feel safe. 

Sleepin on it's back for a cat, is a sign of that several people have told me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    GlowGirl said:

Yes. Exposing their belly is a sign of trust and letting you pet their belly is a really good sign of trust. One of my cats sleeps like that all the time sprawled out in his back. My other cat is always curled into a tight little ball. She is not there yet. 
    It’s a beautiful and unseasonably warm morning here. I was working out, got up for a sec  to get some water, and Flea done farted on the yoga mat right where my head goes.

Breathe, just breathe! (light incense first)

Earbuds back in, on the mat, in my groove again.

Foot mercilessly attacked. 

Albeit short-lived, she is on my shit list 😡
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yes. Exposing their belly is a sign of trust and letting you pet their belly is a really good sign of trust. One of my cats sleeps like that all the time sprawled out in his back. My other cat is always curled into a tight little ball. She is not there yet. 

Kali does that a lot. SHe doesn't mind having her belly rubbed :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited January 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Kali does that a lot. SHe doesn't mind having her belly rubbed :smile:
    Tristan loves belly rubs. Daisy does not. 
    hedonist said:
    It’s a beautiful and unseasonably warm morning here. I was working out, got up for a sec  to get some water, and Flea done farted on the yoga mat right where my head goes.

I tried to do yoga via Zoom for a while. Tristan is relentless with the yoga mat. He sprawls out on it or gets underneath me when I am in a plank pose or attacks my feet as well. It was not relaxing. 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

I tried to do yoga via Zoom for a while. Tristan is relentless with the yoga mat. He sprawls out on it or gets underneath me when I am in a plank pose or attacks my feet as well. It was not relaxing. 
    Argh!

She climbs under my shirt when I’m planking. I like to think she’s the reason I’m stuck at four lifts. Yes, I like to think this. Of course it has nothing to do with my (lack of) strength :lol:

Georgie is such a trooper.

He sprained his arm when jumping down from the new tree and we took him to the vet - first time out of here since he was a baby!  A baby who is now a whopping 17.5 pounds 😬

Upside, he’s otherwise healthy and is back at home, albeit exhausted - and with a few days’ supply of morphine.
    Meanwhile, this one has another week or two of being able to do this :lol:

hedonist said:

He sprained his arm when jumping down from the new tree and we took him to the vet - first time out of here since he was a baby!  A baby who is now a whopping 17.5 pounds 😬

Upside, he’s otherwise healthy and is back at home, albeit exhausted - and with a few days’ supply of morphine.
    Poor Georgie. I hope he is feeling better. I’m sure the morphine will help. Tristan had gotten up over 17 pounds at one point. Vet said I needed to put him on a diet. Now he is a svelte 13.5 pounds. Switching him to all wet food helped immensely. 
    hedonist said:
    Meanwhile, this one has another week or two of being able to do this :lol:

Sweet. I bet she still tries to wedge herself in there until she realizes she just won’t fit anymore. They love those little tight spaces. 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Poor Georgie. I hope he is feeling better. I’m sure the morphine will help. Tristan had gotten up over 17 pounds at one point. Vet said I needed to put him on a diet. Now he is a svelte 13.5 pounds. Switching him to all wet food helped immensely. 
    They only eat a small bit of wet at night with crunchy available all day, so the vet recommended a diet dry food to replace what we currently use. Expensive! But my husband works for the vet org so we’ll get a discount. It’s worth any extra expense. He is :)
    And thanks for letting me know about Tristan, GG. You give me hope!
    hedonist said:
    And thanks for letting me know about Tristan, GG. You give me hope!
    It is hard but doable. The vet wants him at 13 pounds so almost there. It takes a long time for them to lose even a small about of weight. So be patient with him. With other cats I have had in the past I used to leave the dry food out all day for grazing. But stopped when I got Tristan since he would gobble it all down. So used to just feed them a few times a day and not leave anything out. I was very strict with measuring out his portions once he had to lose weight. Once I switched him to wet food he lost weight faster. I started him on prescription diet wet food to kickstart. Now he is on regular wet food. He gets a 1/4 can 4 times a day. So 1 can per day. It’s funny because Daisy is only 6 pounds and she also gets 1 can per day and stays thin. I think it is her age and her faster metabolism. She is 3 and Tristan is 14. 

I SAW PEARL JAM