*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    This is the best Embiid has ever played. The way he is passing out of double teams right now...such an improvement over previous seasons. 

Also, I hear that Seth has a brother that plays ball as well. This true?
    The lesser Curry, plays in some remote corner of the western part of the country.
    Awe that’s cute. Hopefully he can make a name for himself and get out of his brother’s shadow at some point. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    This is the best Embiid has ever played. The way he is passing out of double teams right now...such an improvement over previous seasons. 

The lesser Curry, plays in some remote corner of the western part of the country.
    Awe that’s cute. Hopefully he can make a name for himself and get out of his brother’s shadow at some point. 
    Either that or retire and try his hand at something easier like golf.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

That is quite the golfing family actually
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

Hence my tongue in cheek post.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

Lol. Yes, I realized that. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

1 game sweep of Bradley Beal!! :lol:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

That guy would look reeeeaaaal nice in a Sixers uniform. He has to be getting fed up with dropping 50+ in losing efforts. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Curry tests positive for Covid-19
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Curry tests positive for Covid-19
    And they're being quarantined in Brooklyn.

I'm telling you, no matter who wears a fucking Nets jersey, that team always finds a way to fuck us. Especially on the back end of a back to back. 

So I wonder what is going to happen next?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

That guy would look reeeeaaaal nice in a Sixers uniform. He has to be getting fed up with dropping 50+ in losing efforts. 
    He'd look good in green as well. I'm surprised he hasn't demanded to be traded from that garbage organization.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Bad loss last night but at least Ben took a three even if it rocketed off the backboard. I’m sure it helped open things up though 
    edited January 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Bad loss last night but at least Ben took a three even if it rocketed off the backboard. I’m sure it helped open things up though 
    Gosh. You'd think an NBA player would know how to shoot a basketball by his fourth season in the league. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2087648

Embiid, Harris among 7 Sixers questionable Saturday due to health protocols

Seven members of the Philadelphia 76ers have been listed as questionable for Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets due to health and safety protocols.

The list includes Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, Danny Green, Matisse Thybulle, Shake Milton, Vincent Poirier, and Paul Reed.

Guard Seth Curry is listed as out for the contest. Curry reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday during the Sixers' game against the Brooklyn Nets. He did not suit up in that contest but spent part of the game on the bench before his result was confirmed.

The 76ers were forced to quarantine in New York City after the game. They finally left to drive back to Philadelphia late Friday night, according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. Saturday's game is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.

Embiid told Shelburne he plans to self-quarantine from his family until he's sure he didn't contract the coronavirus. Embiid sat next to Curry at one point during Thursday's game.

In addition to Curry, three other members of the team are out for Saturday due to either injuries or personal reasons. That means if none of the seven players listed as questionable are able to suit up, the 76ers would not have the minimum eight players required to play.

Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr. has also been listed as out for the game. Porter is reportedly facing another 10-14 days of quarantine under health and safety protocols

cutz said:

Guard Seth Curry is listed as out for the contest. Curry reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday during the Sixers' game against the Brooklyn Nets. He did not suit up in that contest but spent part of the game on the bench before his result was confirmed.

If he was suspected as positive and awaiting confirmation, why would he be on the bench and not sequestered in his hotel room?
    edited January 2021
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:

If he was suspected as positive and awaiting confirmation, why would he be on the bench and not sequestered in his hotel room?
    Wasn’t suspected as positive, the rapid result actually came back negative. Is there really a need to bring inactive players out to the bench anyway though? He was inactive because of an ankle injury. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:

Wasn’t suspected as positive, the rapid result actually came back negative. Is there really a need to bring inactive players out to the bench anyway though? He was inactive because of an ankle injury. 
    Oh, OK.
    But yeah considering what's going on, and the arena is empty, you'd think they could find someplace else for the inactive guys to sit just to be safe.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I know this never happens if not for the circumstances(Covid & Injuries). But still, Impressive.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/10-tyrese-maxey-stats-you-wont-believe-after-sixers-rookies-explosive?s=03

10 Tyrese Maxey stats you won't believe!

It was a game that never should have been played. But once it started, it was hard to take your eyes off Tyrese Maxey.I

With the 76ers down to just seven available players, Maxey, the 76ers’ explosive 20-year-old rookie guard, made his first career start Saturday afternoon and piled up 39 points on 55 percent shooting along with seven rebounds, six assists, two steals and just two turnovers in the 76ers’ 115-103 loss to the Nuggets at Wells Fargo Center.

Let’s take a look at what Maxey achieved Saturday! 

ELITE COMPANY: Maxey became the 11th player in NBA history with at least 35 points, five rebounds and five assists in a game before his 21st birthday. LeBron James, Luka Dončić, John Drew, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Jennings, Antoine Walker, Trae Young, Devin Booker and Jamal Murray also did it.

COME ON, REFS: Maxey is the 15th player in NBA history to score 39 or more points without a free throw attempt. The others are Dale Ellis, Stephen Curry, Rick Barry, D’Angelo Russell, Mark Aguirre, Dennis Scott, George Gervin, Chuck Person, Paul George, Klay Thompson, Alex English, Wally Szczerbiak, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Hakeem Olajuwon.

IVERSON WAS PRETTY GOOD: Maxey is the fifth 76er with a 35-point, 5-assist, 5-rebound game in the last 20 years. Joel Embiid has had six, Jimmy Butler and Jrue Holiday one apiece and Allen Iverson had 54 of them.

HE’S ONLY 20: Tyrese Maxey is the youngest player in 76ers history with a 35-point game. At 20 years, 66 days, he’s one year and 250 days younger than Allen Iverson was when he scored 35 against the Hawks in 1997.

TWO HALL OF FAMERS AND TYRESE MAXEY: Maxey is only the third 76ers rookie (technically the second) with 39 points in a game. Iverson had games of 50, 44, 44, 40 and 40 points – consecutively - as a rookie in 1996-97, and Hall of Famer Hal Greer had 45 points for the Syracuse Nationals in a game in 1959 before the franchised moved to Philadelphia.

HE’S JUST GETTING STARTED: Maxey is the eighth player in NBA history with 35 points, five assists and five rebounds in one of his first 10 career games. The others are Frank Selvy, Oscar Robertson, Geoff Petrie, Alvan Adams, Tom Gugliotta, Iverson and Jennings. Only Maxey and Jennings have done it in the last 20 years.

IT TOOK A.I. 65 MORE GAMES: This was Maxey’s 10th career game. No 76er had ever scored 39 points this early in his career. The earliest any 76er previously scored 39 points was Greer’s 45 points at Boston in 1959 in his 54th career game. Iverson didn’t reach 39 points until his 75th game and then he scored 44, 40, 44, 50 and 40 in his next five games.

AND HE SHOT 55 PERCENT: Maxey shot .546 from the field, which is 13th-highest in 76ers history by a player scoring at least 39 points. He’s the 14th player in NBA history to score 39 points at the age of 20 or younger and shoot 55 percent from the field. The only 20-year-olds in history to score 39 points, shoot 55 percent from the field and add at least six rebounds and assists are James, Dončić and Johnson.

BEST IN 23 YEARS: That missed lay-up with 13 seconds left cost Maxey the Wells-Fargo Center rookie scoring record of 40 points, which Iverson did twice five days apart in April of 1997, the first year the 76ers played at the Wells-Fargo Center.

AND HE ONLY HAD TWO TURNOVERS: Maxey is the fifth rookie in NBA history to score 39 points with six or more assists and two or fewer turnovers. The others are James, Curry, Jordan and Donovan Mitchell. 
    Nothing short of hilarious that the Heat/Celtics game is postponed. 
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    cutz said:
    I know this never happens if not for the circumstances(Covid & Injuries). But still, Impressive.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/10-tyrese-maxey-stats-you-wont-believe-after-sixers-rookies-explosive?s=03

10 Tyrese Maxey stats you won't believe!

It was a game that never should have been played. But once it started, it was hard to take your eyes off Tyrese Maxey.I

With the 76ers down to just seven available players, Maxey, the 76ers’ explosive 20-year-old rookie guard, made his first career start Saturday afternoon and piled up 39 points on 55 percent shooting along with seven rebounds, six assists, two steals and just two turnovers in the 76ers’ 115-103 loss to the Nuggets at Wells Fargo Center.

Let’s take a look at what Maxey achieved Saturday! 

ELITE COMPANY: Maxey became the 11th player in NBA history with at least 35 points, five rebounds and five assists in a game before his 21st birthday. LeBron James, Luka Dončić, John Drew, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Jennings, Antoine Walker, Trae Young, Devin Booker and Jamal Murray also did it.

COME ON, REFS: Maxey is the 15th player in NBA history to score 39 or more points without a free throw attempt. The others are Dale Ellis, Stephen Curry, Rick Barry, D’Angelo Russell, Mark Aguirre, Dennis Scott, George Gervin, Chuck Person, Paul George, Klay Thompson, Alex English, Wally Szczerbiak, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Hakeem Olajuwon.

IVERSON WAS PRETTY GOOD: Maxey is the fifth 76er with a 35-point, 5-assist, 5-rebound game in the last 20 years. Joel Embiid has had six, Jimmy Butler and Jrue Holiday one apiece and Allen Iverson had 54 of them.

HE’S ONLY 20: Tyrese Maxey is the youngest player in 76ers history with a 35-point game. At 20 years, 66 days, he’s one year and 250 days younger than Allen Iverson was when he scored 35 against the Hawks in 1997.

TWO HALL OF FAMERS AND TYRESE MAXEY: Maxey is only the third 76ers rookie (technically the second) with 39 points in a game. Iverson had games of 50, 44, 44, 40 and 40 points – consecutively - as a rookie in 1996-97, and Hall of Famer Hal Greer had 45 points for the Syracuse Nationals in a game in 1959 before the franchised moved to Philadelphia.

HE’S JUST GETTING STARTED: Maxey is the eighth player in NBA history with 35 points, five assists and five rebounds in one of his first 10 career games. The others are Frank Selvy, Oscar Robertson, Geoff Petrie, Alvan Adams, Tom Gugliotta, Iverson and Jennings. Only Maxey and Jennings have done it in the last 20 years.

IT TOOK A.I. 65 MORE GAMES: This was Maxey’s 10th career game. No 76er had ever scored 39 points this early in his career. The earliest any 76er previously scored 39 points was Greer’s 45 points at Boston in 1959 in his 54th career game. Iverson didn’t reach 39 points until his 75th game and then he scored 44, 40, 44, 50 and 40 in his next five games.

AND HE SHOT 55 PERCENT: Maxey shot .546 from the field, which is 13th-highest in 76ers history by a player scoring at least 39 points. He’s the 14th player in NBA history to score 39 points at the age of 20 or younger and shoot 55 percent from the field. The only 20-year-olds in history to score 39 points, shoot 55 percent from the field and add at least six rebounds and assists are James, Dončić and Johnson.

BEST IN 23 YEARS: That missed lay-up with 13 seconds left cost Maxey the Wells-Fargo Center rookie scoring record of 40 points, which Iverson did twice five days apart in April of 1997, the first year the 76ers played at the Wells-Fargo Center.

AND HE ONLY HAD TWO TURNOVERS: Maxey is the fifth rookie in NBA history to score 39 points with six or more assists and two or fewer turnovers. The others are James, Curry, Jordan and Donovan Mitchell. 
    Maxey is good. I saw him in one of the earlier games last season against Kentucky when they were at MSG and liked him since. He also played well in smaller minutes Thursday in Brooklyn.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Embiid is so good
    Embiid is so good
    Looks like an MVP. I said it a week or so ago, but his game is now vastly improved this year. He was basically running point down the stretch last night! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021
    I’d prefer trading for Beal than Harden if they indeed do pull the trigger. We shall see. Might have a couple mvp candidates on this squad pretty soon.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021
    Wow Marc Stein saying Houston wants to complete a trade TODAY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    it would be just like the Sixers to be playing as well as anyone in the league and make a dumb trade.
    I’d prefer trading for Beal than Harden if they indeed do pull the trigger. We shall see. Might have a couple mvp candidates on this squad pretty soon.

Oh imagine Kyrie and Harden together in the same locker room. Durant might decide to retire.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:
    it would be just like the Sixers to be playing as well as anyone in the league and make a dumb trade.
    Your boy had a grand total of 5 points last night 
    pjhawks said:
    Hey, he had 6 fouls too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    Hey, he had 6 fouls too. 
    6 turnovers too! Lol I love the guy and if it were up to me I would keep him but thinking about it objectively it’s a no brainer at this point. The only way I object at this point is if Maxey is included, that would upset me. Shake I could live with (only because of what Maxey has showed us so far) and Thybulle would be ideal (sorry bud).
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Well thank god, now we can move on.