Not For You: Pearl Jam and the Present Tense Preview

For everyone getting ready for the new book to come out, we talked to the author, Ronen Givony, about it. We get pretty entangled in what the book is about but there are three main factors to listen for - answering the question of “why” the band’s history happened the way it did, connecting the timeline of the band with the current events of our country, and the continued attempt to digest the band’s struggle with fame.

I suggest everyone go pre-order this book, but we’ll be giving away two copies of this through various ways starting tomorrow. Follow our Twitter @liveon4legspod for more details

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• We are giving away a copy of the book!

head on over to Twitter and follow us @liveon4legspod and then RT our giveaway post!

deadline to RT is Sunday, winner will be announced on Live on 4 Legs 100th episode this Wednesday

this message will be repeated on this forum in the threads relative to this.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    forgot all about this until hittin Barnes and Nobles Yesterday
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    hrd2imgn said:
    forgot all about this until hittin Barnes and Nobles Yesterday

I just picked this up at B&N, along with the 'Scar Tissue' biography. Excited to read it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Mrs_Eddie_VedderMrs_Eddie_Vedder Boston, MA Posts: 75
    Reading now and curious as to what others think of it? Certainly not what I was expecting.
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
    Reading now and curious as to what others think of it? Certainly not what I was expecting.

Haven't started yet, but not encouraged by the comments here. PJ20 is about as definitive as it gets, the rest I think is conjecture.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990

Haven't started yet, but not encouraged by the comments here. PJ20 is about as definitive as it gets, the rest I think is conjecture. 

Don't waste your money absolute garbage written by a fan with way to many options & the most ridiculous one that Given to Fly is compared to a Celine Dion song 

Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990

That should be opinions 

Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    I'm about halfway through.  Just at the Grammys 1996 Eddie speech
     On another note. I was thinking 
     Could pearl jam have made an album like  No Code if Dave A  hadn't been fired. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    eboweddie said:
    I'm about halfway through.  Just at the Grammys 1996 Eddie speech
     On another note. I was thinking 
     Could pearl jam have made an album like  No Code if Dave A  hadn't been fired. 

Maybe. I have no idea what Jack's influence was on the primary song writers or if the primary song writers were already headed towards No Code, and Jack simply played to the vibe. Dave could have hung with those songs. Guy had groove and drumming range (if that's even a thing). He didn't just bash the kit. Funk and feel.
    www.cluthelee.com
    BALLBOY said:

That should be opinions 

Opinion(s) based on incomplete information is conjecture. Assuming the author didn't have complete access to the band to form those opinions. Ah, well, words. You all know what I meant.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Not what I was expecting, NOT recommended
    KEEP ON ROCKIN!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Not what I was expecting, NOT recommended
    there is another thread about this book but yes agree. i thought it sucked and got tired of the author putting down the songs and Ed's behavior pretty quickly.