*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    RiotZact said:
    Yeah I pretty much feel the same way. I've never been much of a James Harden fan
    But have you been paying attention the last month or so! He seems like a swell guy!
    I’ve always thought of him as a douchebag, in addition to not liking the way he plays the game. 

To be fair, though....the stories that have come up recently are strategically leaked to lower his value. Not sure I buy all of it. I just really want this team to get off to a hot start and for Ben to play well (and shoot the fucking ball) so that these rumors are subsided. 

How about the Nets last night? Not sure if Harden going there will make them unstoppable or just blow everything up. Either way, I am so happy to have basketball back! This football season has been so horrible. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    If you're the Nets do you really need Harden? I'm starting to think Houston doesn't have that much leverage.

Anyways, looking forward to tonight! I'll put the kids to bed and start that shit from the beginning at 8:30. Soooo much booze to drink tonight.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    nice/solid opening win last night
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited December 2020
    RiotZact said:

Hahaha.....dude this is the best bench we’ve had in a real long time. I think Shake’s got a shot at 6 man of the year. Maxey is so smooth. 

Bad shooting by Toby. No shooting by Ben. Dominate performance by Jo. Sounds familiar. 

Happy to get the win though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

Hahaha.....dude this is the best bench we’ve had in a real long time. I think Shake’s got a shot at 6 man of the year. Maxey is so smooth. 

Bad shooting by Toby. No shooting by Ben. Dominate performance by Jo. Sounds familiar. 

Happy to get the win though. 
    Yeah I don’t want to overreact after just one game with 2 brand new pieces in the starting lineup that had like 2 weeks to practice together. But it doesn’t seem like many of the big problems have been fixed. The only saving grace is that there’s no way the trio of Tobi-Danny-Seth will shoot a combined 8% from 3. Even if they had made 33% of those (which would still be well below each of their averages) then I don’t think the game would have been close. 

I want to love Tobias Harris so bad but he’s just so awful. Forget the contract, even if he made half of what he currently makes I still would say he’s look horrendous so far, with perhaps the exception of the first preseason game. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited December 2020
    so it only took until the 3rd game for Embiid to miss because of injury. shocking i tell ya.  of course he did miss a pre-season game because he was sick.  What is the most games in a row he has actually played in?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    so it only took until the 3rd game for Embiid to miss because of injury. shocking i tell ya.  of course he did miss a pre-season game because he was sick.  What is the most games in a row he has actually played in?
    I think it was really just “load management” but they have to give it a designation. That game was painful to watch, but it happened on the same day that the Mavs beat the Clippers by 50 fucking points minus Kawhi, the full strength Nets lost to the Hornets, and the full strength Bucks got blown out at home against a Knicks team that was coming off of a back to back. 
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    I think it was really just “load management” but they have to give it a designation. That game was painful to watch, but it happened on the same day that the Mavs beat the Clippers by 50 fucking points minus Kawhi, the full strength Nets lost to the Hornets, and the full strength Bucks got blown out at home against a Knicks team that was coming off of a back to back. 
    load management 3 games into the season, when he missed 1 of the 2 pre-season. this is why the NBA is such a joke sometimes.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:
     What is the most games in a row he has actually played in?

This weekend we rock Portland
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    Yup. Back to back with a game on Tuesday. They said injury to avoid a fine. Sucks, but this is what happens in the NBA. 

Korkmaz out for two weeks though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    Yup. Back to back with a game on Tuesday. They said injury to avoid a fine. Sucks, but this is what happens in the NBA. 

Ridiculous 3 games into the season.  Maybe if he was in shape or healthy (oh wait....) but few people seem to give a shit about his bullshit, at least Ben gets his ass on the court whenever possible
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

Ridiculous 3 games into the season.  Maybe if he was in shape or healthy (oh wait....) but few people seem to give a shit about his bullshit, at least Ben gets his ass on the court whenever possible
    Apparently, according to Doc, he was all set to play and started having some back tightness during warm ups. I’m fine with him sitting out the second game of back-to-back road games. Sure it’s annoying but how many Embiids and Kawhis have had their careers end in their mid 20s because they were overworked? What if Derrick Rose had load managed? Grant Hill? I’d rather watch a superstar get a long prime where he misses 10-15 games a year during the regular season than a short prime ended by injuries. 
    edited December 2020
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

Apparently, according to Doc, he was all set to play and started having some back tightness during warm ups. I’m fine with him sitting out the second game of back-to-back road games. Sure it’s annoying but how many Embiids and Kawhis have had their careers end in their mid 20s because they were overworked? What if Derrick Rose had load managed? Grant Hill? I’d rather watch a superstar get a long prime where he misses 10-15 games a year during the regular season than a short prime ended by injuries. 
    Hawks complains about the same stuff literally every year. It's the NBA. Teams do that with superstars. I've said before, that if they think it will prolong his career, I'd never have him playing back to backs. So stupid.

Raptors tonight!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

Grant Hill played 18 years in the NBA and played 82, 81 and 80 games in his 14th, 15th and 16th seasons in the NBA.  Derrick Rose blew out his knee but still has played 12 years in the league.  How much else did you want those guys to play?  load management for anyone under the age of 30 is a load of shit.  The only thing worse than load management is how the NBA public has bought into it.
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

Grant Hill played 18 years in the NBA and played 82, 81 and 80 games in his 14th, 15th and 16th seasons in the NBA.  Derrick Rose blew out his knee but still has played 12 years in the league.  How much else did you want those guys to play?  load management for anyone under the age of 30 is a load of shit.  The only thing worse than load management is how the NBA public has bought into it.
    ok boomer. lol

You know what else sucks? Pitchers not completing games anymore and quarterbacks being treated as if they're wearing flags around their waists. That's just the way things are nowadays.

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

Holy shit you can’t be serious. D-Rose was on his way to being one of the greatest players of all time. The Grant Hill/T-Mac combo would have been amazing if Grant Hill was healthy, one of the greatest “what if” duos of all time (2nd only to the T-Mac/Iverson duo that Stephen A. fucking Smith ruined!!). Not saying that load management would have fixed either of those, but to act like their careers weren’t wildly affected by nagging injuries in their primes is just laughable. Countless others as well, those were just 2 I thought of off the top of my head. 
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

Holy shit you can’t be serious. D-Rose was on his way to being one of the greatest players of all time. The Grant Hill/T-Mac combo would have been amazing if Grant Hill was healthy, one of the greatest “what if” duos of all time (2nd only to the T-Mac/Iverson duo that Stephen A. fucking Smith ruined!!). Not saying that load management would have fixed either of those, but to act like their careers weren’t wildly affected by nagging injuries in their primes is just laughable. Countless others as well, those were just 2 I thought of off the top of my head. 
    nagging injuries? Rose blew out a knee and Hill had a chronically bad ankle.  Those had nothing to do with load management.  Rose could have played no games that season and the way he landed on the play against the Sixers his knee was going to explode.  

of course someone trying to tell me that Grant Hill/T-Mac along with T-Mac/Iverson would have been some of the greatest duos of all time kinds of leaves me gasping for air for that lunacy.
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

ok boomer. lol

You know what else sucks? Pitchers not completing games anymore and quarterbacks being treated as if they're wearing flags around their waists. That's just the way things are nowadays.

well bullpen games, shifts and batting for exit velocity and launch angle are pretty much ruining baseball.

unfortunately if you let football players play and hit like Andre Waters used to even more NFL players would be debilitated later in life and probably some would even die on the field. I'd love to see guys be able to hit like they did in the 80s but that can never happen again.
    edited December 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

ok boomer. lol

well bullpen games, shifts and batting for exit velocity and launch angle are pretty much ruining baseball.

unfortunately if you let football players play and hit like Andre Waters used to even more NFL players would be debilitated later in life and probably some would even die on the field. I'd love to see guys be able to hit like they did in the 80s but that can never happen again.
    Lol....every year you bring up the Embiid load management stuff as if it's some sort of indictment on only him because he is out of shape or injured or something. Yet it happens all over the league to help keep superstars healthy. It's the way things are now, just like with these other examples in baseball and football that are put in place to, essentially, prevent injuries. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

nagging injuries? Rose blew out a knee and Hill had a chronically bad ankle.  Those had nothing to do with load management.  Rose could have played no games that season and the way he landed on the play against the Sixers his knee was going to explode.  

of course someone trying to tell me that Grant Hill/T-Mac along with T-Mac/Iverson would have been some of the greatest duos of all time kinds of leaves me gasping for air for that lunacy.
    Isn’t “chronically bad” synonymous with “nagging”? Anyway, I just randomly named 2 guys whose primes were ruined due to injury. I’m sure if I gave it more thought and research I could come up with much better examples of injuries that would have been more specifically benefited by load management. But whatever, I’m not arguing about it anymore. 

And I never said they would have been one of the greatest duos, I said each were some of the biggest “what ifs”. With that being said, I think both would have had pretty high ceilings.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

ok boomer. lol

Lol....every year you bring up the Embiid load management stuff as if it's some sort of indictment on only him because he is out of shape or injured or something. Yet it happens all over the league to help keep superstars healthy. It's the way things are now, just like with these other examples in baseball and football that are put in place to, essentially, prevent injuries. 
    I guess you missed where I said anyone under 30 missing games for load management is BS.  The only reason they have to load management Embiid is because he is fat, out of shape and chronically injured.  Including pre-season they have played 5 games and he has already missed two.  No doubt Embiid is super talented but he is a dog.  But he's funny so the fans and media don't rip him for being a dog.  And the Sixers don't/haven't done load management for Ben Simmons yet in any season. I wonder why that is?  
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

ok boomer. lol

I guess you missed where I said anyone under 30 missing games for load management is BS.  The only reason they have to load management Embiid is because he is fat, out of shape and chronically injured.  Including pre-season they have played 5 games and he has already missed two.  No doubt Embiid is super talented but he is a dog.  But he's funny so the fans and media don't rip him for being a dog.  And the Sixers don't/haven't done load management for Ben Simmons yet in any season. I wonder why that is?  
    Oh my god. You are a broken record.

I'd assume, coming off the injury last summer, that they manage Simmons' load a bit this year--especially with Doc coaching him. Wouldn't bother me in the least. I'm more concerned, however, with his inability to shoot the basketball this far into his career.

Bounce back game tonight. Go Sixers. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Embiid playing Iverson minutes and getting 29 and 16. What a fatty. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

ok boomer. lol

I'd assume, coming off the injury last summer, that they manage Simmons' load a bit this year--especially with Doc coaching him. Wouldn't bother me in the least. I'm more concerned, however, with his inability to shoot the basketball this far into his career.

Talk about broken record you mention Simmons shooting the ball every time. Of course why would you want a guy who can’t shoot from the outside to shoot outside? At least the coach is smart enough not to worry about it
    RiotZact said:
    Embiid playing Iverson minutes and getting 29 and 16. What a fatty. 
    Lol. Dude is such a beast

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^Yeah, but did Barkley do it if the teams first 3 games?^^^>LOL
    edited December 2020
    cutz said:
    ^^^Yeah, but did Barkley do it if the teams first 3 games?^^^>LOL
    Ha....probably, though he missed 14 games that season. 

Edit---damn, that's the year Chuck averaged almost 15 rebounds a game. Still my all time favorite Sixer....

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:

ok boomer. lol

Ben's career shooting percentage is 8% percentage points higher than Embiid's...but I'm sure you are already aware of that.  Just a thought, let's have him continue taking shots he makes at a 55% clip as opposed to shots he can't make consistently.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    You can’t compare their shooting percentages since one refuses to shoot outside of 4 feet. A franchise point guard that refuses to shoot is troublesome.

I am not as opposed to harden as I was a few weeks ago