The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Wobbie said:
    stupid fucking call by anyhony lynn, with his team in FG range.

The Chargers coaching staff is the fucking worst.  Their OC is awful.  Awful.
    I've been telling at the TV all night.

They make Chuckie the Jagoffs look like a genius.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Also, Herbert looks amazing.  Wish my team could have that kid 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Herbert may be the best QB out of this draft class when it’s said and done.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Justin Herbert's gonna have himself a nice career. Been impressed every time I've seen him play this year.

I thought he was overrated, coming out of oregon, but I agree.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    Justin Herbert's gonna have himself a nice career. Been impressed every time I've seen him play this year.

I thought he was overrated, coming out of oregon, but I agree.
    Yeah. I'd take him over Wentz and Hurts, no doubt. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Trevor Lawrence similar body/arm to Herbert

Trey Lance looks kinda like Mahomes

Wilson out of BYU looks interesting
    I would not be starting Brees....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    fuck Wilson out of BYU. He wanted to be a Ute but we were looking at too many other QBs...so he went to the dark side :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Bills

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Dwayne Haskins is not very good.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ikiT said:
    Neither is Nick Mullens.

Awful.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Today's big winner: Trevor Lawrence.
    No longer destined to be a Jet.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Not really.  Jacksonville.  They are also awful....and you have to live in Jacksonville.
    Poncier said:
    Not really.  Jacksonville.  They are also awful....and you have to live in Jacksonville.

and I’ve heard the Jets might actually be on the verge of getting better.

first step: fire adam gase.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Browns need to get rid of Parkey now.  He's going to fuck them in the playoffs.
    Ha.  D-D
    Poncier said:
    Jags were in the AFC title game just 3 yrs ago.
    He went to HS in Georgia, so J-ville is close.
    And any situation is better than the Jets.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Browns need to get rid of Parkey now.  He's going to fuck them in the playoffs.
    Another double doink is in his future, eh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    ikiT said:
    Neither is Nick Mullens.

Awful.
    As a lifetime 49ers fan, it is hard to watch. Same mistakes, same bad reads and throws. CJ Beathard isn't any better, so we have that going for us. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Jags were in the AFC title game just 3 yrs ago.
    He went to HS in Georgia, so J-ville is close.
    And any situation is better than the Jets.
    Yep.  I would much rather go to Jacksonville than the Jets.  Don't have to deal with NY media, warm weather and the Jets are one of the worst organizations in all of sports that just seem to ruin everyone who goes there.
    Yeah, I don't think there is much of a comparison.  For his faults, Khan does seem like an owner who desires a winning team and he cares about his brand.  Jacksonville is warm, has tax benefits, doesnt have a media circus, etc.  The Jets have also been run in a much more circus-like fashion than Jax (or most other teams).  

Jacksonville has some nice pieces in place.  With the right coach/GM combo and Lawrence, they could rise to the top of that Division within a year or 2.  

What an absolutely gutting bit of torture that must have been for Jets fans.  My god.  Who would be excited to see 1000 year old Frank Gore put up a decent game to spoil your chance to watch a nearly guaranteed electric franchise quarterback play for your team for 15 years.  Absolute torture.  
    ikiT said:
    Neither is Nick Mullens.

Awful.
    As a lifetime 49ers fan, it is hard to watch. Same mistakes, same bad reads and throws. CJ Beathard isn't any better, so we have that going for us. 

What is their record this year, as the most injured team in the league, if they have Kaep or some backup that is not totally inept?

CJ is a microwave -- good for a series or two and then he sucks.
  • The Jets actually looked somewhat decent yesterday, lol!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    ikiT said:
    Neither is Nick Mullens.

Awful.

What is their record this year, as the most injured team in the league, if they have Kaep or some backup that is not totally inept?

With a decent back up, they most likely beat both the Cowboys and Washington, and you could argue about the Eagles. So I would say 8-6, which would have them tied for the last wildcard spot with Arizona, with Arizona having the tie breaker due to beating them in week 1.  
    ikiT said:
    Neither is Nick Mullens.

Awful.

With a decent back up, they most likely beat both the Cowboys and Washington, and you could argue about the Eagles. So I would say 8-6, which would have them tied for the last wildcard spot with Arizona, with Arizona having the tie breaker due to beating them in week 1.  
    Yeah I was thinking 3 games as well.

Mullens sucks.
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, I don't think there is much of a comparison.  For his faults, Khan does seem like an owner who desires a winning team and he cares about his brand.  Jacksonville is warm, has tax benefits, doesnt have a media circus, etc.  The Jets have also been run in a much more circus-like fashion than Jax (or most other teams).  

Jacksonville has some nice pieces in place.  With the right coach/GM combo and Lawrence, they could rise to the top of that Division within a year or 2.  

What an absolutely gutting bit of torture that must have been for Jets fans.  My god.  Who would be excited to see 1000 year old Frank Gore put up a decent game to spoil your chance to watch a nearly guaranteed electric franchise quarterback play for your team for 15 years.  Absolute torture.  
    There had been some speculating locally here that if the Jets entered week 17 at 0-15 and the Jags were 1-14, Belichick would throw the game and lose to the Jets on purpose to stick it to them one more time and send Lawrence to Jax.
    Probably no need now.
    Man it must suuuuuck to be a Jets fan.
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

There had been some speculating locally here that if the Jets entered week 17 at 0-15 and the Jags were 1-14, Belichick would throw the game and lose to the Jets on purpose to stick it to them one more time and send Lawrence to Jax.
    Probably no need now.
    I have heard that, but ultimately, the players play for themselves and their own personal futures.  It is also highly speculative Belichick would 'throw a game', or what he would/could really do to undermine the Patriots' chance of winning.  I would think once Brady flew the coop and he saw a few of the opt-outs, Belichick would have completely gutted the team to the studs and tanked if he was that kind of coach.  

And yes, it must suck to be a Jets fan.  For the 17+ years of the Bills' drought, absolutely nothing happened that comes close to the gut punch that Jets fans must have felt yesterday (for a win!).  They also somehow never hit rock bottom like this.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    edited December 2020
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

Probably no need now.
    Would that speculation have come from 98.5, WEEI or NBCSNNE? 

If so I would be inclined to dismiss it from the get go. 

EDIT - FWIW, I'm inclined to dismiss it on the premise alone, but if it came from the local media (which it almost certainly did) it should be dismissed with prejudice.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

Probably no need now.

EDIT - FWIW, I'm inclined to dismiss it on the premise alone, but if it came from the local media (which it almost certainly did) it should be dismissed with prejudice.
    I doubt Bill would throw any game (though it did look like he threw in the towel yesterday while there was still a slight chance at a comeback), but it would have been funny to see it play out that way and the Jets lose out on Lawrence by beating Belichick. No issue now as long as Uncle Rico doesn't get hot for the Jags in the next 2 weeks.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

Probably no need now.

I doubt Bill would throw any game (though it did look like he threw in the towel yesterday while there was still a slight chance at a comeback), but it would have been funny to see it play out that way and the Jets lose out on Lawrence by beating Belichick. No issue now as long as Uncle Rico doesn't get hot for the Jags in the next 2 weeks.
    If he was going to throw a game against the Jets, he had the opportunity to in their first matchup.