Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Your Top 10 records for 2020!

2»

Comments

  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,430
    Sault - Untitled (Rise)
    Sault - Untitled (Black Is)
    Blue Note Re:imagined
    Khruangbin - Mordechai
    Keleketla!
    Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes - What Kinda Music
    Run The Jewels - 4
    Matthew Halsall - Salute To The Sun
    The Heliocentrics - Infinity of Now
    The Avalanches - We Will Always Love You
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of ChicagoPosts: 4,349
    Damn I think other than Gigaton and Waterfall 2. I didn't buy any new stuff, just hd versions of old stuff
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,378
    Happy Friday! 

    What a crazy & musical year....
    For me, it was a rollercoaster just like for everyone else....but...music helped me navigate this really strange year. This is my list scribbled down on a pad. I definitely have a favorite album, but the rest would vary depending on mood, state of the world, quarantine situation and whatever else was going on. 

    That being said, I think I have a consistent #1. I listen to this album (& talk about it) all the time. (Just ask my amazing wife, Laurel. ) My #2 is solid because it's one of the best albums of all time and this reissue gave us all a glimpse of what else they were working on at that time. After that, it simply depends on the variables listed above. Be well, be safe and wear a mask! Can't wait for 2021 and hope you're all doing well! Ok...here we go.......

    1- The Strokes: The New Abnormal   
    2- Tom Petty: Wildflowers & All The Rest

    Pearl Jam: Gigaton 
    Josh Ritter: See Here, I Built You A Mansion 
    Fiona Apple: Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Sturgill Simpson: Cuttin' Grass Vol 1 & 2
    Waxahatchee: Saint Cloud
    Drive By Truckers: The Unraveling
    Drive By Truckers: The New OK
    Old 97's: Twelfth
    EOB: Earth
    Run The Jewels: RTJ4
    Matt Berninger: Serpentine Prison
    Painted Shield: Painted Shield
    Bob Dylan: Rough & Rowdy Ways
    Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real: Naked Garden
    Neil Young: Homegrown
    Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit: Reunions
    Mark Lanegan: Straight Songs of Sorrow
    Josiah Johnson: Every Feeling On A Loop
    My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall II
    The War On Drugs: Live Drugs
    Margo Price: That's How Rumors Get Started
    Phoebe Bridgers: Punisher

    I know for a fact that I've left some off, but that's how it goes. Stay safe, everyone and enjoy that holiday music!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • chittychitty Posts: 448
    There was alot of good music, thankfully:
    1) Killers-Imploding the Mirage (vintage Killers)
    2) PJ-Gigaton (my fav PJ of the last 3-4 albums)
    3) Hotel Mira - Perfectionism (check out their song: This could be it for me, if you like that you will love this album)
    4) Nothing But Thieves - Moral Panic (weird how an album made pre-pandemic has so many themes relevant to it. The singer has phenomenal range and the music matches it)

    These four albums will forever remind me of Corona lockdowns.

  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 7,296
    edited December 2020
    Gigaton 9-months-in has already aged way better than LB or selftitled ever did to my ears during the same time measurements.  Once the initial excitement wore off on those albums i never wanted to revisit them much.  Gigaton is still a go to album in the car or in the gym.  Had it back on the turntable the other day.  So thats been a nice surprise from a 30 yr old band. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,378
    Gigaton 9-months-in has already aged way better than LB or selftitled ever did to my ears during the same time measurements.  Once the initial excitement wore off on those albums i never wanted to revisit them much.  Gigaton is still a go to album in the car or in the gym.  Had it back on the turntable the other day.  So thats been a nice surprise from a 30 yr old band. 
    Completely agree. Really solid album and just so good.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 5,216
    Yeah, theres more nuance to it than the last 2. Its had legs for me too.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,598
    I’m going to be researching all of these lists. I need to add some new music to my collection. Thanks for all the suggestions. 
  • Pearl Jam - Gigaton

    Deftones - Ohms

    AC/DC -  Power Up

    Kevin Morby - Sundowner

    Neil Young - Homegrown

    Bob Dylan - Rough & Rowdy Ways

    The Lemon Twigs - songs for the general public

    Fontaines DC - A hero's death

    Marylin Manson - We are chaos


    freddie vedder
  • In no particular order:

    Pearl Jam - Gigaton
    My Morning Jacket - Waterfall II
    The Strokes - The New Abnormal
    Jason Isbell - Reunions
    Drive By Truckers - The Unraveling
    Tame Impala - The Slow Rush 
    War on Drugs - Live Drugs
    Fleet Foxes - Shore
    Avett Brothers - The Third Gleam
    The Doves - The Universal Want 
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2020
    Like above, no particular order:

    Brian Fallon-Local Honey
    Hiss Golden Messenger-two live albums that he put out this year 
    Pearl Jam-Gigaton
    War on Drugs-Live Drugs
    Jeff Parker-Suite for Max Brown
    Donovan Woods-Without People
    Jason Isbell-Reunions
    Kevin Morby-Sundowner
    Moses Sumney-grae
    Deftones-Ohms
    U.S Girls-Heavy Light
    Freddie Gibbs-Alfredo
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,101
    Loving everyone’s lists 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,268
    goldrush said:h
    My lucky thirteen...

    Neil Young - The Old Homestead (from Archives II)
    Pearl Jam - Gigaton
    Mark Lanegan Band - Another Knock At The Door (IYEARA Remixes)
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Return to Greendale
    Lou Barlow - EMOH (20h Anniversary reissue)
    Neil Young - Homegrown
    David Lowery - In The Shadow of The Bull
    Powderfinger - Unreleased
    Mark Lanegan - Straight Songs of Sorrow
    Brian Fallon - Local Honey
    Bob Mould - Blue Hearts
    Jeff Tweedy - Love Is The King 
    John Frusciante - Maya 

    I've got a feeling I'm missing something...
    Foy Vance dropped ’Hope in the Highlands’ just before Christmas (the soundtrack to a PPV online show) and it is quite beautiful.
    It easily makes my top 10, maybe even top 5 if I can stop listening to Neil’s Archives II long enough to really appreciate it
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, GreecePosts: 23,927
    edited December 2020
    G. Love - The Juice (17/01/20)
    Smoke Fairies - Darkness Brings The Wonders Home (31/01/20)
    Ayo - Royal (31/01/20)
    Sepultura - Quadra (07/02/20)
    Stone Temple Pilots - Perdida (07/02/20)
    Greg Dulli - Random Desire (21/02/20)
    Unnatural Helpers - 4 Wolfs (04/03/20)
    Morrissey - I Am Not A Dog On A Chain (20/03/20)
    Pearl Jam - Gigaton (27/03/20)
    The Noise Figures - The Perfect Spell (03/04/20)
    Thievery Corporation - Symphonik (03/04/20)
    The Strokes - The New Abnormal (10/04/20)
    The White Buffalo - On The Widow's Walk (17/04/20)
    Allison Crowe - Pillars (01/05/20)
    Richard Stuverud - Memories In Kodachrome (01/05/20)
    Mark Lanegan - Straight Songs Of Sorrow (08/05/20)
    Moby - All Visible Objects (15/05/20)
    Paradise Lost - Obsidian (15/05/20)
    Steve Earle - Ghosts Of West Virginia (22/05/20)
    Million Hollers - A Toast To Hedonism (24/05/20)
    Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor (12/06/20)
    Bod Dylan - Rough & Rowdy Ways (19/06/20)
    Jeff Ament - American Death Squad (26/06/20)
    Bush - The Kingdom (17/07/20)
    Samantha Crain - A Small Death (17/07/20)
    Deep Purple - Whoosh! (07/08/20)
    The Waterboys - Good Luck, Seeker (21/08/20)
    The Avett Brothers - The Third Gleam (28/08/20)
    Sophie Hunger - Halluzinationen (04/09/20)
    The Flaming Lips - American Head (11/09/20)
    Carla Bruni - Carla Bruni (09/10/20)
    Ben Harper - Winter Is For Lovers (23/10/20)
    Painted Shield - Painted Shield (27/11/20)
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Cyr (27/11/20)
    Calexico - Seasonal Shift (04/12/20)
    Post edited by Pap on
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • halvhalv Posts: 586
    edited December 2020
    Fontaines D.C. -  A Hero's Death
    Public Enemy - What You Gonna Do When the Grid Goes Down
    Jehnny Beth - To Love is to Live
    Neil Young - Homegrown
    Elliott Brood - Keeper
    Idles - Ultra Mono
    Deftones - Ohms
    Pearl Jam - Gigaton
    Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher
    Gorillaz - Song Machine, Season One: Strange Times
    Painted Shield 


    Post edited by halv on
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,193
    mfc2006 said:
    Happy Friday! 

    What a crazy & musical year....
    For me, it was a rollercoaster just like for everyone else....but...music helped me navigate this really strange year. This is my list scribbled down on a pad. I definitely have a favorite album, but the rest would vary depending on mood, state of the world, quarantine situation and whatever else was going on. 

    That being said, I think I have a consistent #1. I listen to this album (& talk about it) all the time. (Just ask my amazing wife, Laurel. ) My #2 is solid because it's one of the best albums of all time and this reissue gave us all a glimpse of what else they were working on at that time. After that, it simply depends on the variables listed above. Be well, be safe and wear a mask! Can't wait for 2021 and hope you're all doing well! Ok...here we go.......

    1- The Strokes: The New Abnormal   
    2- Tom Petty: Wildflowers & All The Rest

    Pearl Jam: Gigaton 
    Josh Ritter: See Here, I Built You A Mansion 
    Fiona Apple: Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Sturgill Simpson: Cuttin' Grass Vol 1 & 2
    Waxahatchee: Saint Cloud
    Drive By Truckers: The Unraveling
    Drive By Truckers: The New OK
    Old 97's: Twelfth
    EOB: Earth
    Run The Jewels: RTJ4
    Matt Berninger: Serpentine Prison
    Painted Shield: Painted Shield
    Bob Dylan: Rough & Rowdy Ways
    Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real: Naked Garden
    Neil Young: Homegrown
    Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit: Reunions
    Mark Lanegan: Straight Songs of Sorrow
    Josiah Johnson: Every Feeling On A Loop
    My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall II
    The War On Drugs: Live Drugs
    Margo Price: That's How Rumors Get Started
    Phoebe Bridgers: Punisher

    I know for a fact that I've left some off, but that's how it goes. Stay safe, everyone and enjoy that holiday music!
    Do you have the strokes album on vinyl? If so, how’s the pressing??
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,378
    May 30th said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Happy Friday! 

    What a crazy & musical year....
    For me, it was a rollercoaster just like for everyone else....but...music helped me navigate this really strange year. This is my list scribbled down on a pad. I definitely have a favorite album, but the rest would vary depending on mood, state of the world, quarantine situation and whatever else was going on. 

    That being said, I think I have a consistent #1. I listen to this album (& talk about it) all the time. (Just ask my amazing wife, Laurel. ) My #2 is solid because it's one of the best albums of all time and this reissue gave us all a glimpse of what else they were working on at that time. After that, it simply depends on the variables listed above. Be well, be safe and wear a mask! Can't wait for 2021 and hope you're all doing well! Ok...here we go.......

    1- The Strokes: The New Abnormal   
    2- Tom Petty: Wildflowers & All The Rest

    Pearl Jam: Gigaton 
    Josh Ritter: See Here, I Built You A Mansion 
    Fiona Apple: Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Sturgill Simpson: Cuttin' Grass Vol 1 & 2
    Waxahatchee: Saint Cloud
    Drive By Truckers: The Unraveling
    Drive By Truckers: The New OK
    Old 97's: Twelfth
    EOB: Earth
    Run The Jewels: RTJ4
    Matt Berninger: Serpentine Prison
    Painted Shield: Painted Shield
    Bob Dylan: Rough & Rowdy Ways
    Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real: Naked Garden
    Neil Young: Homegrown
    Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit: Reunions
    Mark Lanegan: Straight Songs of Sorrow
    Josiah Johnson: Every Feeling On A Loop
    My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall II
    The War On Drugs: Live Drugs
    Margo Price: That's How Rumors Get Started
    Phoebe Bridgers: Punisher

    I know for a fact that I've left some off, but that's how it goes. Stay safe, everyone and enjoy that holiday music!
    Do you have the strokes album on vinyl? If so, how’s the pressing??
    I do—and play it all the time. Sounds great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,193
    Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,598
    mfc2006 said:
    May 30th said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Happy Friday! 

    What a crazy & musical year....
    For me, it was a rollercoaster just like for everyone else....but...music helped me navigate this really strange year. This is my list scribbled down on a pad. I definitely have a favorite album, but the rest would vary depending on mood, state of the world, quarantine situation and whatever else was going on. 

    That being said, I think I have a consistent #1. I listen to this album (& talk about it) all the time. (Just ask my amazing wife, Laurel. ) My #2 is solid because it's one of the best albums of all time and this reissue gave us all a glimpse of what else they were working on at that time. After that, it simply depends on the variables listed above. Be well, be safe and wear a mask! Can't wait for 2021 and hope you're all doing well! Ok...here we go.......

    1- The Strokes: The New Abnormal   
    2- Tom Petty: Wildflowers & All The Rest

    Pearl Jam: Gigaton 
    Josh Ritter: See Here, I Built You A Mansion 
    Fiona Apple: Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Sturgill Simpson: Cuttin' Grass Vol 1 & 2
    Waxahatchee: Saint Cloud
    Drive By Truckers: The Unraveling
    Drive By Truckers: The New OK
    Old 97's: Twelfth
    EOB: Earth
    Run The Jewels: RTJ4
    Matt Berninger: Serpentine Prison
    Painted Shield: Painted Shield
    Bob Dylan: Rough & Rowdy Ways
    Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real: Naked Garden
    Neil Young: Homegrown
    Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit: Reunions
    Mark Lanegan: Straight Songs of Sorrow
    Josiah Johnson: Every Feeling On A Loop
    My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall II
    The War On Drugs: Live Drugs
    Margo Price: That's How Rumors Get Started
    Phoebe Bridgers: Punisher

    I know for a fact that I've left some off, but that's how it goes. Stay safe, everyone and enjoy that holiday music!
    Do you have the strokes album on vinyl? If so, how’s the pressing??
    I do—and play it all the time. Sounds great!
    Great. I just got it today, and looking forward to spinning it.

  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,378
    GlowGirl said:
    mfc2006 said:
    May 30th said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Happy Friday! 

    What a crazy & musical year....
    For me, it was a rollercoaster just like for everyone else....but...music helped me navigate this really strange year. This is my list scribbled down on a pad. I definitely have a favorite album, but the rest would vary depending on mood, state of the world, quarantine situation and whatever else was going on. 

    That being said, I think I have a consistent #1. I listen to this album (& talk about it) all the time. (Just ask my amazing wife, Laurel. ) My #2 is solid because it's one of the best albums of all time and this reissue gave us all a glimpse of what else they were working on at that time. After that, it simply depends on the variables listed above. Be well, be safe and wear a mask! Can't wait for 2021 and hope you're all doing well! Ok...here we go.......

    1- The Strokes: The New Abnormal   
    2- Tom Petty: Wildflowers & All The Rest

    Pearl Jam: Gigaton 
    Josh Ritter: See Here, I Built You A Mansion 
    Fiona Apple: Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Sturgill Simpson: Cuttin' Grass Vol 1 & 2
    Waxahatchee: Saint Cloud
    Drive By Truckers: The Unraveling
    Drive By Truckers: The New OK
    Old 97's: Twelfth
    EOB: Earth
    Run The Jewels: RTJ4
    Matt Berninger: Serpentine Prison
    Painted Shield: Painted Shield
    Bob Dylan: Rough & Rowdy Ways
    Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real: Naked Garden
    Neil Young: Homegrown
    Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit: Reunions
    Mark Lanegan: Straight Songs of Sorrow
    Josiah Johnson: Every Feeling On A Loop
    My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall II
    The War On Drugs: Live Drugs
    Margo Price: That's How Rumors Get Started
    Phoebe Bridgers: Punisher

    I know for a fact that I've left some off, but that's how it goes. Stay safe, everyone and enjoy that holiday music!
    Do you have the strokes album on vinyl? If so, how’s the pressing??
    I do—and play it all the time. Sounds great!
    Great. I just got it today, and looking forward to spinning it.

    Nice!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATXPosts: 1,350
    edited January 9
    I just really don't listen to current music so a lot of my favorites are older bands new releases.

    Bush - The Kingdom
    The Killers - Imploding the Mirage
    Smashing Pumpkins - Cyr
    Moby - All Visible Objects
    Cold War Kids - New Age Norms 2
    Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot
    Post edited by Of The Aggie on
Sign In or Register to comment.