******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    So I watched most of that Maybe Next Year thing last night. Got about twenty minutes left. I like it....just wish they would've focused on at least some fans who are not of the stereotypical looney toon variety. 
    I mean my cousin is one of them and I'd say he fairly accurately represents his South Philly sect.
    Really? Which one was your cousin?

Jesse. If ya ever want the full South Philly experience go to Dee's Pub in the film at 2nd & Greenwich. It's, uh, quite the experience. You can still smoke, drink Buds, and maybe cash out on the Megatouch machine if you're lucky.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    So I watched most of that Maybe Next Year thing last night. Got about twenty minutes left. I like it....just wish they would've focused on at least some fans who are not of the stereotypical looney toon variety. 
    I mean my cousin is one of them and I'd say he fairly accurately represents his South Philly sect.

Jesse. If ya ever want the full South Philly experience go to Dee's Pub in the film at 2nd & Greenwich. It's, uh, quite the experience. You can still smoke, drink Buds, and maybe cash out on the Megatouch machine if you're lucky.
    Haha...Gotcha. He's the one with the autistic son? He's not who I was really referring to. How did he end up in the movie? Just curious how they found these people. 

The more annoying ones were clearly that old dude who spent his life savings on a Birds "locker room bar," Shirley, and that fucking annoying youtube guy who's always fake yelling and screaming. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    He already told us, you must have been drinking at work.  ;)
    Been drinkin since noon!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Haha...Gotcha. He's the one with the autistic son? He's not who I was really referring to. How did he end up in the movie? Just curious how they found these people. 

The more annoying ones were clearly that old dude who spent his life savings on a Birds "locker room bar," Shirley, and that fucking annoying youtube guy who's always fake yelling and screaming. 

Yeah thats him. Honestly not sure, if I remember my aunt told me somebody told somebody that this guy was doing this and told my cousin to reach out. I bought it on Amazon but I still gotta check it out.
    Just watched it, my notes:

God I fucking hate Jim Cramer.

Does anyone under the age of 35 listen to sports talk radio anymore? I mean I'm 38 and I haven't listened to WIP or 97.5 in years.

I don't mind Shirley, hasn't she been calling into WIP for at least two decades? But the mentality to call into a sports radio show...yeesh.

I've seen this Reading guy Barry before. Very weird. 

Haha they're at Grumpy's.

My daughter was born on the day of the Chiefs game. I did not give a shit about that game. It was a super beautiful day and all I could think "ah well, they played well on the road against a really good team and I'm a dad".

Yeah this fat dude has got it right that the Eagles are the scapegoat of his failures. Pretty honest of him.

I like the way this went with every week's win or loss, and the shots of different parts of the city.

Love the singing scooter dude.

Ripping off Buffalo with the tables here. Yes, just give me the puking. Holy shit I know the guy who blew up his hand with fireworks, and his dad Ron. This fucking town man, everyone's related and everyone's had sex with each other.

This is weird seeing my uncle and aunt in this.

Barry is a fucking weirdo.

I love corner bars.

The fat guy's gotta get some help.

So my cousin(s) were the cousins growing up that would borderline scare you because they were nuts. The tough cousins that I'd think, "well thank god they're on my side." I was the suburb 9 year old kid who'd visit the South Philly family. And I'd think hollly shit how's this gonna play out?

Yeah this is tough to watch about my uncle.

That fat guy wore the throwback city colors to the Super Bowl just for the attention.

More than anything - yeah I really don't care if we never win again. I got my one. The best night.
    haha....great summary. I finished it last night too. Sounds about right.

Also.......there is NO WAY that fat dude actually found a girlfriend as he claimed at the end there. No way. They showed him buying flowers and walking up someone's stoop to ring a doorbell aaaaaaand SCENE! That's it. Suuure, buddy. Whatever you say. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Are we talking Orca-fat?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Are we talking Orca-fat?
    Sorry. I googled him and this came up. Therefore you all have to be stuck with this image in your head as well

chinese-happy.jpg
    haha....great summary. I finished it last night too. Sounds about right.

Also.......there is NO WAY that fat dude actually found a girlfriend as he claimed at the end there. No way. They showed him buying flowers and walking up someone's stoop to ring a doorbell aaaaaaand SCENE! That's it. Suuure, buddy. Whatever you say. 
    lol, completely thought the same thing. Definitely talked these filmmakers into fitting that in.
    Also, edit:

Pretty sure that fat guy got "famous" on YouTube with the handle "Eat Dat Pussy", too. I think this may have been inaccurate...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Are we talking Orca-fat?
    Sorry. I googled him and this came up. Therefore you all have to be stuck with this image in your head as well

What in the fucking fuck?
    He has front-ass.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Also, edit:

Pretty sure that fat guy got "famous" on YouTube with the handle "Eat Dat Pussy", too. I think this may have been inaccurate...
    Knowing this guy's "name", I was wondering the search term our Juggler searched for to find this picture
    edited December 2020
    Also, edit:

Knowing this guy's "name", I was wondering the search term our Juggler searched for to find this picture
    Yeup. I searched EDP. I'm using my work computer. lol.

How about him at the Super Bowl just filming himself the whole time? Oh look at me cheering! Look at me being nervous! Look at me yelling! Yuck. 

This guy suuuuuuucks
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Also, edit:

Yeup. I searched EDP. I'm using my work computer. lol.

How about him at the Super Bowl just filming himself the whole time? Oh look at me cheering! Look at me being nervous! Look at me yelling! Yuck. 

This guy suuuuuuucks
    Again, a lot this guy needs to work through. Jesus, apparently 2.1m subscribers on YouTube. Oh, and look at that a Trump supporter, or at least plays one on TV. Makes sense.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Juuuuuuugs!!!! This is the time you usually show up in the giants thread. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    He’s too busy running out to pick up a Jalen Hurts jersey
    Hahaha....I am numb to this stupid team, Cliff. Numb. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RNu7VDiJcs

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

I almost posted this earlier.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    3-12-1 That tie will now cost us a better pick.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Poncier said:

I almost posted this earlier.
    Fine. I'll listen to Zooropa now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I had forgotten about “Wentzylvania” until I heard it on ESPN today :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    And you probably only heard it on those dumb ESPN shows because nobody actually calls it that here. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    And you probably only heard it on those dumb ESPN shows because nobody actually calls it that here. lol

not anymore, they don’t.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

not anymore, they don’t.
    Beat it Wob. Shouldn't you be watching First Take or Pardon My Interruption?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Maybe Hurts can give us a similar spark we've gotten in previous years after Carson went out an with injury. lol. 60 million cap hit next year!

What a mess. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Maybe Hurts can give us a similar spark we've gotten in previous years after Carson went out an with injury. lol. 60 million cap hit next year!

What a mess. 

no way they are releasing him so your 60 million cap hit comment is irrelevant.   This is the safest move for Pederson. If Hurts plays well Pederson gets the credit for making the change. If he sucks it's on Roseman for taking him in the 2nd round and basically will cost Roseman his job.   Still think Wentz is the QB next year.