NCAA College Football -

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Wobbie said:
    USC beat ASU in probably the most dumb luck way they have won a game on at least 15 years.
    9am start.  Dumbest thing ever.  (Or, most 2020 thing?)

Georgia getting flipped right now by blue UF.

USC is not relevant at all. sorry, F’me.
    They are, duh, but they will underperform.  Their coach is the worst.

Not playing ND this year ......damn virus!
    Look at the bright side: 1 less loss for your team which could help ensure Helton returns for another season at the helm in 2021.  Here's to hoping!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ha!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    ND and Clemson could meet two more times this season.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Going to be hilarious when Notre Dame has to postpone/cancel games due to massive COVID outbreak after the fans rushed the field after the win. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Because death is hilarious
    Jumb0 said:
    Going to be hilarious when Notre Dame has to postpone/cancel games due to massive COVID outbreak after the fans rushed the field after the win. 

Thoughtless actions on their part. Thoughtless post on yours.

I get Notre Dame hatred, but this is a whole new level! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Jumb0 said:

Yeah, I don't want any of them to get sick or make friends/faculty/relatives sick....I want them to make it to the CFP and lose in some humiliating way or go winless.
    mrussel1 said:
    Clemson had their chances.  With their qb they would have won, I think, and FSM knows I hate ND but glad they pulled it out.
    They 100% win with Lawrence in the game.  ND looks top 10 but not 5
    I'm biased, sure, but I don't entirely agree with this. I'm not convinced that lack of Lawrence made the difference. Especially 100%? DJ played a phenomenal game: 439 with 2 TD and 0 INT & 0 FUMBLES. I mean maybe Trevor throws 3 TD, but then I doubt Etienne (18 carries for a meager 28 yards) gets his rushing TD. I don’t fully know what more someone expects a QB...even the best...to do against an elite defense. I mean Clemson put up 40 to a team that was previously allowing 8 PPG!

With those defensive starters for Clemson, I don't think the Irish put up 47. To me, this is where the argument begins. Perhaps I'd feel different if I also hated the Irish.
    Jumb0 said:

Yeah, I don't want any of them to get sick or make friends/faculty/relatives sick....I want them to make it to the CFP and lose in some humiliating way or go winless.
    I can absolutely relate. I'm okay with that. For me it is not fun watching USC and Michigan meander about CFB mediocrity...or worse for the last several years. I would much rather watch them do well, then suck it up during a big game when everything is on the line and their fans have their hopes up and I can watch the excitement drain from their faces. 

The extension for Helton or Harbaugh are the proverbial consolation prize.
    Jumb0 said:

I can absolutely relate. I'm okay with that. For me it is not fun watching USC and Michigan meander about CFB mediocrity...or worse for the last several years. I would much rather watch them do well, then suck it up during a big game when everything is on the line and their fans have their hopes up and I can watch the excitement drain from their faces. 

The extension for Helton or Harbaugh are the proverbial consolation prize.

Yup.  Either ND should be awesome and lose in heartbreaking fashion (or, we can stomp in H2H) or just be a grease fire. 

See, that is the difference in how I feel about our 2 rivals...I want ND to be really excellent and beat them.  I want fUCLA to be a laughingstock every day, every hour, every minute.  Always want to beat them by as many points as possible.

I guess one I respect and one I just hate.  :lol: 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Big 12 commissioner: Delaying CFP a possibility
    6h ago
    Jamie Squire / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    KANSAS CITY MISSOURI - MARCH 12 Big Twelve Commissioner Bob Bowlsby speaks to the media to announce the cancellation of the tournnament prior to the Big 12 quarterfinal game at the Sprint Center on March 12 2020 in Kansas City Missouri

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby admitted that pushing back the College Football Playoff and New Year's Six bowl games as a result of COVID-19 is being discussed.

"I'm on the CFP operations committee, and we've spent some time talking about that," Bowlsby said Thursday on Sirius XM Big 12 Radio. "We haven't come to any closure on it, but there is some latitude to postpone it if that need should arise. The same is true with some of the New Year's Six games."

Bowlsby added that while he doesn't see the CFP being postponed into February, he is open to all ideas.

"I don't know if I see us playing a championship game in February, but you just never know," he said. "These are unusual times, and things that might not otherwise be acceptable have to be considered in this kind of circumstance."

A number of teams have seen their games moved or canceled this week due to COVID-19 issues. The SEC postponed four contests, including Alabama-LSU, while the Big Ten canceled Ohio State-Maryland.

The CFP semifinals are scheduled to take place Jan. 1, while the national championship game is set for Jan. 11.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Is Penn State really this bad?
    Dr Alex Herzog on Twitter I think I just saw Dave Hester storage wars  StorageWars yuuup

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mrussel1 said:
    Clemson had their chances.  With their qb they would have won, I think, and FSM knows I hate ND but glad they pulled it out.
    They 100% win with Lawrence in the game.  ND looks top 10 but not 5
    I'm biased, sure, but I don't entirely agree with this. I'm not convinced that lack of Lawrence made the difference. Especially 100%? DJ played a phenomenal game: 439 with 2 TD and 0 INT & 0 FUMBLES. I mean maybe Trevor throws 3 TD, but then I doubt Etienne (18 carries for a meager 28 yards) gets his rushing TD. I don’t fully know what more someone expects a QB...even the best...to do against an elite defense. I mean Clemson put up 40 to a team that was previously allowing 8 PPG!

With those defensive starters for Clemson, I don't think the Irish put up 47. To me, this is where the argument begins. Perhaps I'd feel different if I also hated the Irish.
    That, plus he played with a shoulder injury they kept quiet about which kept them from some run plays. Defensive injuries hurt more than Trevor being out.

FSU waiting until about 3 hours before game time to chicken out was pretty low. If they reschedule, Hope they play Trevor the whole game and make it 72-0.
    I think Dabo was off with his statements blasting FSU.  
    He's a great coach but this is an example of being a clown.  
    Clemson is in the playoffs, and rightfully so, if they win out.  
    No need to be a red ass in front of the whole country 

As far as cancelling because of FSU "chickening out" about Covid?  Whatever.  Think that is supposition based on the red assed coach's statement.

Hey, it paid off to play to his base and to always be a headline.  He is a smart guy, for sure.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I think Dabo was off with his statements blasting FSU.  
    He's a great coach but this is an example of being a clown.  
    Clemson is in the playoffs, and rightfully so, if they win out.  
    No need to be a red ass in front of the whole country 

As far as cancelling because of FSU "chickening out" about Covid?  Whatever.  Think that is supposition based on the red assed coach's statement.

Hey, it paid off to play to his base and to always be a headline.  He is a smart guy, for sure.
    Fuck him.  He's a dick.  I'm tired of him and Gundy with their arrogant mouths  
    And, here is a well written article detailing some of the reasons Dabo is being a donkey.
    https://theathletic.com/2217562/2020/11/23/clemson-florida-state-game-controversy-postponement?source=user-shared-article

One of the key items if you don't pay for The Athletic (you should, it is great) is that, as of Monday, FSU was still trying to reschedule the game

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    BYU is 9-0, playing FCS schools.

how the fuck they have gotten in 9 games is beyond me. maybe it’s the undergarments?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

how the fuck they have gotten in 9 games is beyond me. maybe it’s the undergarments?
    Magic underwear will always get a laugh.
    I saw something the other day showing BYU in the playoff.

Playoffs?  Were talking Playoffs?

Playoffs?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Wobbie said:

Magic underwear will always get a laugh.
    I saw something the other day showing BYU in the playoff.

Playoffs?  Were talking Playoffs?

Playoffs?

they would, hopefully, get annihilated by real competition.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Usc had to cancel.
    I'm sure the Colorado coach isn't going to hold a press conference acting like a fool saying USC was dodging the mighty Buffs.  :lol:

This season is fucked.
    Is Ohio State dodging Illinois?

Dabo, looking more like a red ass every day.
    Is Ohio State dodging Illinois?

Dabo, looking more like a red ass every day.
    He's a total dick.
    FSu dodged Virginia today. :lol:
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2020
    RB for Buffalo, Jaret Patterson, ran for 409 YD.S and scored 8 TD.s

He tied for most TDs in a game. He was 19 yards away from breaking the record of 427.

Get this: Buffalo took him out of the game when they had the Ball at the Kent St. 19 yard line, and Buffalo scored 2 plays later on 2 running plays. IF Buffalo keeps him in the game for those Final 19 yards he breaks BOTH Records(Rushing in one game and TD's in one game)

On the ensuing kickoff Buffalo stripped Kent St, but instead of just falling on the ball a Buffalo player tried to pick it up and run with it, but he didn't fully recover the ball. Buffalo would've had the ball around the Kent St. 22. Would Buffalo had put Patterson back in the game? 
    Post edited by cutz on
    And Temple dodged Cincinnati while Minnesota chickened out, ending a 113 year streak of playing Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Saban chickened out of losing his 3rd consecutive Iron Bowl while his players opted to move forward with playing the game.

I'm curious to see if the B1G is willing to change their current system should the Buckeyes not qualify for the B1G Title game.
    And Temple dodged Cincinnati while Minnesota chickened out, ending a 113 year streak of playing Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Saban chickened out of losing his 3rd consecutive Iron Bowl while his players opted to move forward with playing the game.

I'm curious to see if the B1G is willing to change their current system should the Buckeyes not qualify for the B1G Title game.
    Wisconsin would already be out.  I don't think they will,  that would be weak and I'm a buckeye.  No such rule for the playoffs though. 
    mrussel1 said:

Wisconsin would already be out.  I don't think they will,  that would be weak and I'm a buckeye.  No such rule for the playoffs though. 
    No, there is not. But I really don't see the committee putting OSU in if they only play 5 games. I just think it undermines the entirety of the season and of the committee having to sort through all the factors this year. Don't misunderstand me, I (along with almost every CFB fan) are aware that Ohio St. is a top 4 team. I just don't believe they leave out an undefeated BYU or Cincinnati (or 1 loss Florida) in favor of a 5-0 OSU.
    mrussel1 said:

No, there is not. But I really don't see the committee putting OSU in if they only play 5 games. I just think it undermines the entirety of the season and of the committee having to sort through all the factors this year. Don't misunderstand me, I (along with almost every CFB fan) are aware that Ohio St. is a top 4 team. I just don't believe they leave out an undefeated BYU or Cincinnati (or 1 loss Florida) in favor of a 5-0 OSU.
    Considering no one played out of conference,  I don't know how anytime can say how good cincy or BYU is.  And do you really think  either wouldn't be smoked by Clemson or Bama? If the goal is to put the 4 beat in,  how do you put Cincy in there to lose by 35?
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Considering no one played out of conference,  I don't know how anytime can say how good cincy or BYU is.  And do you really think  either wouldn't be smoked by Clemson or Bama? If the goal is to put the 4 beat in,  how do you put Cincy in there to lose by 35?
    If the goal was truly the best four st the end of the season there would be far less consideration of a loss or two.