Pumpkin Pie

123457»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    rgambs said:
    Respectfully, it ain't pumpkin pie if step one involves a can opener.

All lovers of pumpkin pie should consider making the switch to butternut squash.
    Higher sugar content means less added sugar, its less stringy, it's only marginally hollow so there isn't much gut scraping, and it skins a little easier.
    Flavor is the same, except slightly nuttier and sweeter.

Sounds good!

A friend of ours gave us this massive organic pumpkin pie last night which we will be taking to my uncle-in-law's for dinner.  I will have a glorious belly ache later today! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    Disgusting. I hate it. I never liked it much - just not a good flavour to me - but I didn't hate it until I was in a crazy radio contest about a decade ago that involved having to eat canned, unsweetened pumpkin pie filling. That is a LOT worse than it sounds. :sick:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    Disgusting. I hate it. I never liked it much - just not a good flavour to me - but I didn't hate it until I was in a crazy radio contest about a decade ago that involved having to eat canned, unsweetened pumpkin pie filling. That is a LOT worse than it sounds. :sick:
    Canned unsweetened pumpkin pie filling is disgusting.

Pumpkin pie is not disgusting, that's ludicrous.
    Cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar?  Yes, please.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited November 2017
    In honour of our American neighbours, I bought a pumpkin tart to have this evening.  

You're  welcome. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    In honour of our American neighbours, I bought a pumpkin tart to have this evening.  

You're  welcome. 
    Enjoy! I married a ginger tart, which is a close relative of the pumpkin tart, I believe. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:

You're  welcome. 
    Enjoy! I married a ginger tart, which is a close relative of the pumpkin tart, I believe. 

Not familiar with the ginger tart personally. Would that be more sweet or more spicy?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

You're  welcome. 

Not familiar with the ginger tart personally. Would that be more sweet or more spicy?
    Depends on what she’s eaten. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    1st Thanksgiving i didn't eat any apple pie or pumpking pie , instead i made french crepes filled with home made fig jam w/cream cheese filling and also had cheese cake ..
    I went to the 1st page of this thread man some many names that were regulars here miss those posters ... :(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Canned unsweetened pumpkin pie filling is disgusting.

Pumpkin pie is not disgusting, that's ludicrous.
    Cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar?  Yes, please.
    It causes a gag reflex for me now. While I never thought it tasted very good anyway, now it's the texture that is the issue. I've always been sensitive about food texture - for me, it's 90% of what makes food good or not good or inedible. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    1st Thanksgiving i didn't eat any apple pie or pumpking pie , instead i made french crepes filled with home made fig jam w/cream cheese filling and also had cheese cake ..
    I went to the 1st page of this thread man some many names that were regulars here miss those posters ... :(
    That sounds amazing and I'm not even a big fig fan...but I am of that sweet / savory mix.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    hedonist said:
    That sounds amazing and I'm not even a big fig fan...but I am of that sweet / savory mix.
    Yeah my fig tree was plentiful with fruit this summer really enjoyed them ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Having some now 😊
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    My favorite is carrot cake
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    my favorite.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert of all time. 

…but I eat mine with a twist. I always get the pre-made Oreo pie crust! I could eat a whole pie of it every night. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    bought one from my local grocery store today. Hopefully it tastes good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,600
    Bud hooked me up with home grown 'punkin' pie. Can't wait to demolish it. 
    Love to all