"Are You" traveling for Thanksgiving this year? Are you getting tested to do so?

Curious if anyone is actually traveling for Thanksgiving this year?  Here in NY LAG airport is expected to receive much fewer passengers arriving this year, than last year. 

Be safe everyone and enjoy your time however you decide to do it.

Quotations is an ongoing joke... https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest

"Are You" traveling for Thanksgiving this year? Are you getting tested to do so? 34 votes

Yes I am Traveling for Turkey day, I ain't missing Mom's Turkey! No I am not getting tested as I am cautious of where I've been.
2%
drakeheuer14 1 vote
Yes I am Traveling and yes I will be tested so I can go.
5%
elvistheking44NSL 2 votes
I'm not going on a plane or out of state so no testing for me.
11%
JOEJOEJOEPJ1973KM73780belthook 4 votes
Hell no, you cray.
76%
Katcincybearcatgimmesometruth27jeffbrlastexitlondonmfc2006PJPOWERSVRDhand13marjenBentleyspopBH76306OnWis97dankindMerkin BallerBLACK35jpgoegeleddiecF Me In The BrainHobbestempo_n_groove 26 votes
It's all a conspiracy anyway so none of your business. WWAGWGA1!
0%
Other. Really?
2%
stuckinline 1 vote

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    Hell no, you cray.
    What if I am traveling (by car a couple hours) to a park and staying in my own cabin with my immediate household and spending time outside in the cold hiking?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Hell no, you cray.
    What if I am traveling (by car a couple hours) to a park and staying in my own cabin with my immediate household and spending time outside in the cold hiking?
    Hell no you cray.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I would love to travel to be with mother and daughter but I can't go. My mother is battling cancer and my daughter struggles with MS so it's best till things calm down in the spring next year. 

I'm baking the Turkey for three total, I make the best turkey and stuffing . That's my contribution for Thanksgiving and it will great. I hope its the same for everyone else.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Hell no, you cray.
    g under p said:
    I would love to travel to be with mother and daughter but I can't go. My mother is battling cancer and my daughter struggles with MS so it's best till things calm down in the spring next year. 

I'm baking the Turkey for three total, I make the best turkey and stuffing . That's my contribution for Thanksgiving and it will great. I hope its the same for everyone else.

Peace
    Hell no you cray
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    Hell no, you cray.
    No.  We were going to travel from the Twin Cities to my in-laws near Madison. I didn't want to but my wife hasn't been able to see much of her parents this year so I was biting my tongue. A few days ago she decided it was a bad idea to be traveling around, even by car.  Fine by me.  Just a quiet four-day weekend at home.  Put up the tree and some R and R.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Yes I am Traveling and yes I will be tested so I can go.
    Got tested earlier in the week and got another one lined up this weekend before traveling next week by car to visit close family (5 of us total)
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    We were planning on going to a small gathering at my sister's place.  She was planning on setting up 4 small tables in her two-car garage with the door open.  I didn't like the idea of eating in a cold garage for Thanksgiving so was much relieved yesterday when she called the deal off.  She's ordering us individually packaged Thanksgiving meals for us to pick up as take out.  With COVID raging, we're laying low!  Why take chance for one meal?  Stay home and give thanks for your (hopefully) continued good health!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Hell no, you cray.
    Negative. 

Not going to a family funeral on Tuesday, either.  (My wife is going to go for a portion they are doing outside so she can stand far away and hear what they are saying and then go to the graveyard to watch the casket lowered, from afar.  However, not going into the church for the service and not going to the gathering/meal after.)

There is a pandemic going on. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Hell no, you cray.
    g under p said:

Peace

We are making a full meal for my wife, my son, and I.  My son with eat some mashed potatoes, some rolls, and some apple pie.  My wife and I will pig out.  We arranged for someone to come by on Friday and pick up what we leave on the porch, which will be leftovers packaged for delivery to people in need of meals.  Sucks that we cannot go and help distribute or do something on the actual day...but there is a pandemic going on and this is how we will balance trying to find a sense of the tradition and not being wasteful.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Hell no, you cray.
    My family will be gathering for a Zoom meeting on Thursday. Gonna be a complete shitshow. So, just like a normal T-Day. 

I'm reminded of that bit by Adam Sandler on Weekend Update where he films himself eating and arguing with family because he won't be in attendance. :lol:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No Zoom, no travel, nothing. 

We’re having most of the meal delivered, I’ll make a couple things, and spend some glorious lazy time with my two favorite beings.

I’ll miss being at my sister’s, but it’s not a big deal in the scheme of things.

(F Me, you rock.)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Hell no, you cray.
    Having my wife’s parents over for a quick meal. We see them every week and they’re pretty much the only people we see. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Hell no, you cray.
    mfc2006 said:
    Having my wife’s parents over for a quick meal. We see them every week and they’re pretty much the only people we see. 
    Same as you.

We did a change of plans though.  We had planned on going to a cousins house as we do every year but he is having family from down south come up so I declined the invite and doing the inlaws, whom I see all the time.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Hell no, you cray.
    I would have to get on a plane to go visit my parents. So no. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    Hell no, you cray.
    Stay home as well. Going to ditch the traditional thanksgiving food requirements. This year it will be slow cooked ribs, baked mac’n cheese, collards, jalapeño corn bread, and pumpkin pie.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hell no, you cray.
    It's always been my least favorite holiday, so I'm thrilled that I barely have to acknowledge it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Hell no, you cray.
    Stay home as well. Going to ditch the traditional thanksgiving food requirements. This year it will be slow cooked ribs, baked mac’n cheese, collards, jalapeño corn bread, and pumpkin pie.
    mmmm. I just mentally made an adjustment to my planned Thanksgiving meal. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Pie?  Did someone say, "Pie"?
    :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hell no, you cray.
    Not even getting together with the family that is inside our exposure circle.  Something most rubes don't understand is that you can make exposure like a chain and it only takes one link to break it.  
    Sister-in-law, her husbandhusband their two kids, mother-in-law, wife, and son.  That's the exposure circle and it coincides with the normal Thanksgiving meal...so we should eat together and be good, right? No.  for example, If brother-in-law catches it and comes to Thanksgiving at onset of symptoms or before, he can spread to any one of us or all of us.  If he catches it and we don't get together it has to move up the chain to his wife before it can move to us giving us time to sever the link before transmission.   This is why congregation is so dangerous.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Hell no, you cray.
    We are also not doing turkey, I am going to smoke a pork butt.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    Hell no, you cray.
    Wasn't planning on traveling this year.
    Don't usually travel during the holidays for many reasons.
    This year we went from 20-25 family members down to 8 and now just the 2 of us.

People need to listen to the real experts and stay home.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2020
    Hell no, you cray.
    We are staying home and smoking a Turkey with “all the fixings” this year.  For the past 15 years we have had my in-laws and my parents over, but we all decided to call off the gathering this year with the daily new cases so high and hospitals overwhelmed. To me, any traveling is at a higher risk this year, and not just because of the possibility of getting the virus.  If anyone has a wreck, or needs emergency care, it would be awful (more awful than it would normally be).  Stay home and give emergency personnel a break!
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2020
    Hell no, you cray.
    rgambs said:
    Yum, what kind of smoker do you use?  I have a heavily modified Weber Smokey Mountain and I love it!  Just got a bunch of apricot wood, which is excellent if you’ve never used it. We need to start a grilling/smoking thread :)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    rgambs said:

You just don't want to share ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJPOWER said:
    We are staying home and smoking a Turkey with “all the fixings” this year.  For the past 15 years we have had my in-laws and my parents over, but we all decided to call off the gathering this year with the daily new cases so high and hospitals overwhelmed. To me, any traveling is at a higher risk this year, and not just because of the possibility of getting the virus.  If anyone has a wreck, or needs emergency care, it would be awful (more awful than it would normally be).  Stay home and give emergency personnel a break!
    That’s a great point. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    Normally we go to my parents but decided to stay home because my brother in laws family will be there (big trumpsters).  My kids helped make the menu, it s gonna be interesting lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    Hell no, you cray.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Normally we go to my parents but decided to stay home because my brother in laws family will be there (big trumpsters).  My kids helped make the menu, it s gonna be interesting lol.  
    Lucky Charms for Thanksgiving!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Hell no, you cray.
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, we would have snickers shoved into mashed potatoes 
    Hell no, you cray.
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Yum, what kind of smoker do you use?  I have a heavily modified Weber Smokey Mountain and I love it!  Just got a bunch of apricot wood, which is excellent if you’ve never used it. We need to start a grilling/smoking thread :)
    I use an old Brinkman electric smoker.  Electric is frowned upon in the snobby smoking circles, but it does a great job.  They can fiddlefaddle with their units all day if they want, I set it and forget it and it turns out great.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, we would have snickers shoved into mashed potatoes 
    What’s wrong with that? Then sprinkle some lucky charms on top......yum.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......