Options

Vertigo head trips again.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Salt raises blood pressure  that would  be why. Salt is important as an electrolyte.  If on any meds check they dont deplete it. The low b.p may account for  vertigo? Maybe
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,677
    Salt raises blood pressure  that would  be why. Salt is important as an electrolyte.  If on any meds check they dont deplete it. The low b.p may account for  vertigo? Maybe

I don't think low blood pressure causes vertigo.  I think it's a brain think.  My neurologist thinks it's one or both of two things- vestibular migraine, a type of migraines, and BPPV, aka benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.  Whoopee!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    After having managed to have no serious attacks of vertigo for years (2? 3? 4?, it's been long enough I don't even remember), out of the blue yesterday, I woke up with the world spinning around me. I did my eply maneuver and instead of helping like it has in the past, the vertigo got worse- much worse. Finally my wife dragged me to the car and took me down to the E.R. where I spent the day with the usual monitors and I.V. plugged in.
    I'm better today but my head feel very woozy and have no energy. Probably post-meds condition. I'd been given meclazine, ativan, and something else int the IV I can't remember.
    This attack, after having none for years, is hugely discouraging. It also meant yesterday was the first day this year I didn't get my daily walk in.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    ^Sorry to hear about this. My Mom gets this about once every two months or so. It usually puts her in bed for at least two days. She’ll get the spins real bad and a lot of times it leads to her vomiting. Shes been to the doctor a lot for it and has tried some of the recommended remedies like Benadryl and the exercises. Nothing really seems to help except time and letting it pass. Hope ya feel better and can get your walk in soon. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    ^Sorry to hear about this. My Mom gets this about once every two months or so. It usually puts her in bed for at least two days. She’ll get the spins real bad and a lot of times it leads to her vomiting. Shes been to the doctor a lot for it and has tried some of the recommended remedies like Benadryl and the exercises. Nothing really seems to help except time and letting it pass. Hope ya feel better and can get your walk in soon. 

Thanks, Hi.  I'm sorry to hear you mom has the same condition.  It's not all that uncommon as we get older, so I hope some research is being applies to finding solutions.  It's a hugely debilitating condition.  Best wishes for you mom.

• Options
    ^Thanks, B. She’s in otherwise good health. Feel better, I know it’s frustrating. ✌🏼

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    ^Thanks, B. She’s in otherwise good health. Feel better, I know it’s frustrating. ✌🏼

Thank you!  :hug:

• Options
    ^ :)

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    My word this is so relevant to me . I've been like this 1month now. Last year I spent 3 months in bed with" labrynthitus" 
    I so nearly went to the hospital last week
     I'm still fucked up. A Dr said just get on with it can you believe. I speak to my normal Dr tomorrow.  I'm starting to fear the worst here it's so disabling . Constant travel sick feeling and faintness with dizziness. It's just gone on so long
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Does anyone have this make the eyes bad I can't watch TV or look at stuff close up at all. My eyes feel confused if that makes sence. I even went for an eye test that was all ok. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    My word this is so relevant to me . I've been like this 1month now. Last year I spent 3 months in bed with" labrynthitus" 
    I so nearly went to the hospital last week
     I'm still fucked up. A Dr said just get on with it can you believe. I speak to my normal Dr tomorrow.  I'm starting to fear the worst here it's so disabling . Constant travel sick feeling and faintness with dizziness. It's just gone on so long
    Does anyone have this make the eyes bad I can't watch TV or look at stuff close up at all. My eyes feel confused if that makes sence. I even went for an eye test that was all ok. 
    I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.  And sorry to hear you have a Doc who appears to be totally lacking in empathy.  It might be time to find another?  I truly hope you get some better help for this.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    I woke up this morning and had a vertigo episode really dizzy and vomiting! Wife drove me to emergency room I was sweating profusely did they a whole work up on me ct scan drew blood and put an iv on me, after two hours I felt a bit better took meds for nausea and Meclizine hcl, ughh rough morning last time this happened was 2014
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I woke up this morning and had a vertigo episode really dizzy and vomiting! Wife drove me to emergency room I was sweating profusely did they a whole work up on me ct scan drew blood and put an iv on me, after two hours I felt a bit better took meds for nausea and Meclizine hcl, ughh rough morning last time this happened was 2014
    Sorry- my last response didn't seem to go through.  I'll try again:

OH man, I am so sorry to hear about that!  There are few things worse than a major vertigo attack- giving birth maybe, but I haven't tried that one yet.

I hope you are recovering well.  A week after my bad attack that sent me to the E.R., I'm still having some minor head earthquakes.  I felt the bed move forward and back a few inches this morning but it was just my head.  I also started to fall sideways to the right on our walk this afternoon.  These aftershocks are normal for me- I hope you don't get them!  If you do, a half a meclizine might help although as you know they can make one drowsy.  As much as soda is not a healthy drink, sometimes I'll have a 6 oz. Pepsi over ice which often helps a little.  I wish there were better cures!

Hang in there and I hope you are getting better quickly!

• Options
    I'm still fucked. 5 weeks of this given up hope
    .it's not b.p.p.v.  Got Dr on Monday but hold no hope of it ever going away . My life is ruined 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianlux said:

OH man, I am so sorry to hear about that!  There are few things worse than a major vertigo attack- giving birth maybe, but I haven't tried that one yet.

I hope you are recovering well.  A week after my bad attack that sent me to the E.R., I'm still having some minor head earthquakes.  I felt the bed move forward and back a few inches this morning but it was just my head.  I also started to fall sideways to the right on our walk this afternoon.  These aftershocks are normal for me- I hope you don't get them!  If you do, a half a meclizine might help although as you know they can make one drowsy.  As much as soda is not a healthy drink, sometimes I'll have a 6 oz. Pepsi over ice which often helps a little.  I wish there were better cures!

.it's not b.p.p.v.  Got Dr on Monday but hold no hope of it ever going away . My life is ruined 
    Oh man sorry to hear guys these episodes are no joke I was out of it most of the day! After I showered I felt a bit better and was able to have dinner, this morning I feel much more like myself def hope I don’t get another episode any time soon ughh they suck. Hope you guys find relief soon 
  • Options
    Could it be Meniere's disease which is an inner ear which causes vertigo?  I've heard eating blueberries regularly is one way to combat Meniere's or at least keep it in check. 
    Whatever the cause, I hope you get some relief.  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling.  Hang in there.
    brianlux said:

Oh man sorry to hear guys these episodes are no joke I was out of it most of the day! After I showered I felt a bit better and was able to have dinner, this morning I feel much more like myself def hope I don’t get another episode any time soon ughh they suck. Hope you guys find relief soon 
    Great to hear you are doing better!  I hope you are done with that nasty business for a long time!  This is one of those maladies that needs better research and a cure.  I would give anything for a cure for vertigo!

• Options
    Currently in hospital waiting for a c.t scan 
    Let you know the outcome. Not good place to be with health anxiety 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    All clear. That's something 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,833
    All clear. That's something 
    Great news!
  • Options
    I'm so happy. I still have symptoms but I know it's not my brain or heart so that's a start
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,833
    I'm so happy. I still have symptoms but I know it's not my brain or heart so that's a start
    Could it be your inner ear? 
  • Options
    It's all that's really left. But I did all the excersises and the eply manoeuvre a few times and nothing changed. It's so odd still feel travel sick all the time. It's really bad. With no idea what I can do. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    It's all that's really left. But I did all the excersises and the eply manoeuvre a few times and nothing changed. It's so odd still feel travel sick all the time. It's really bad. With no idea what I can do. 
    It really affects you for a while my episode happened two Saturday’s ago and this past week I was at an eye appointment with my dad! And when I was in the office I noticed the building shaking very mildly but it was from construction being done in the basement but I really thought it was vertigo happening again so now I carry the meds that were prescribed in my back pack just in case. Hope it gets better soon for you 
  • Options
    Having b12 tested. I won't hold my breath 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    It really affects you for a while my episode happened two Saturday’s ago and this past week I was at an eye appointment with my dad! And when I was in the office I noticed the building shaking very mildly but it was from construction being done in the basement but I really thought it was vertigo happening again so now I carry the meds that were prescribed in my back pack just in case. Hope it gets better soon for you 
    Smart move!  I do the same.  I have the in my carry  around bag marked clearly for their intended use and have the right next to my bed.  I'm never far from my meclazine and atavan.  I was feeling little tremors last night but did the Epley maneuver this morning and that seemed to help.  The Epley is a crap shoot for me though- it can help or it can make things worse.  This morning it seems to have helped- phew!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Smart move!  I do the same.  I have the in my carry  around bag marked clearly for their intended use and have the right next to my bed.  I'm never far from my meclazine and atavan.  I was feeling little tremors last night but did the Epley maneuver this morning and that seemed to help.  The Epley is a crap shoot for me though- it can help or it can make things worse.  This morning it seems to have helped- phew!

Hell this morning I had another episode of vertigo not as intense as two weeks ago but def affected me! Instead of feeling the spins it was more like everything was moving sideways and I did vomit, as soon as I felt it coming on I took the med but still ended up vomiting. After I fell back to sleep and now i feel better this is starting to worry me & my wife says if it happens again she wants me to see a neurologist ughh! Just glad I’m home today and not at work 
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Hell this morning I had another episode of vertigo not as intense as two weeks ago but def affected me! Instead of feeling the spins it was more like everything was moving sideways and I did vomit, as soon as I felt it coming on I took the med but still ended up vomiting. After I fell back to sleep and now i feel better this is starting to worry me & my wife says if it happens again she wants me to see a neurologist ughh! Just glad I’m home today and not at work 

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that.  Vertigo certainly can recur as little as days or weeks apart so it may just be bad timing, but if you haven't been to a neurologist for vertigo yet, it might be a good idea, at least to rule out anything more serious.
    I've been to a neaurologists.  The last one I went to was 5 or 6 years ago.  He ran a bunch of test on my (they were interesting, not unpleasant) and concluded that some of my vertigo attacks could be migraine related (I do get migraines now and then).  He started giving me botox injections to reduce the chance of migraine and vertigo.  I think that may have helped, but it also might have just been timing.  I have had other periods of a year or two or even three with no episodes.  When he retired, instead of seeking further botox treatments, I did a lot of research on my own and decided to try a diet low in tyramine. I had read that reduced tyramine in the diet can help. 
    Tyramine is a natural compound that is found in most foods but is in high concentrations in certain foods.  Those are the ones I avoid or greatly reduce (aged cheeses, cured meats, pickled or fermented foods, many sauces, yeast extract, alcohol, soy beans and soy products, dried or over-ripe fruit, snow peas and fava beans).  I also eliminated nuts.  Cashews are said to be especially prone to causing migraines. Doing all that has greatly reduced my incidents of migraine.  I'm almost certain the occasional vertigo attacks I do get are more related to BPPV caused by dislodged inner ear crystals.
    Another cause they may explore for you is the possibility of having Ménière's disease, an inner ear affliction (not the same as BPPV).  I'm glad I have not been diagnosed with that because I've heard that in many places, people with Ménière's disease will have their driver's license revoked.  

I am not a doc, of course, but am just throwing out some things to consider. I hope you get some relief soon, and especially hope these attacks subside soon.  I know they are absolutely no fun! 
    Take care and be well!