Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• holding people financially accountable for their right as a citizen protected under the constitution sounds fucking fascist to me. 
    Well, if people dont have to make cakes for gay couples and a Catholic school can refuse to hire a lesbian for a position for which they’re qualified, then what’s the problem with refusing to hire someone who supported Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat?
    so because I disagree with what AOC is proposing, that means I'm for what trump has proposed/supported in the past? funny how that always seems to be the driving theme behind everything these days. 

THERE IS NO GREY, PEOPLE. ALL YOU 'PURPLE' FOLKS, CLEAR THE FUCK OUT. 

i obviously get not hiring trump staffers or contributors for the WH, but beyond that, let them live their lives. 

pretty sure kayleigh maceneny wasn't looking for a job on MSNBC crying next to rachel maddow anyway. 
    I never said any of what you allege I did. Did I say you supported Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat because you disagreed with AOC? FFS.
    because you used, as you are oft to do, a red herring. what does the gay issue have to do with AOC and her list? absolutely zero. the choices aren't always binary. i can disagree with both. 

FFS indeed. 
    I’m not sure AOC has a list but if you’d link me to it, I’d appreciate it. I’d like to see who is on it.  Because one side wants to use people’s characterIstics to deny them their human rights while the other side doesn’t want to hire racist POS that supported a white nationalist agenda.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    static111 said:
    holding people financially accountable for their right as a citizen protected under the constitution sounds fucking fascist to me. 
    Well, if people dont have to make cakes for gay couples and a Catholic school can refuse to hire a lesbian for a position for which they’re qualified, then what’s the problem with refusing to hire someone who supported Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat?
    so because I disagree with what AOC is proposing, that means I'm for what trump has proposed/supported in the past? funny how that always seems to be the driving theme behind everything these days. 

i obviously get not hiring trump staffers or contributors for the WH, but beyond that, let them live their lives. 

pretty sure kayleigh maceneny wasn't looking for a job on MSNBC crying next to rachel maddow anyway. 
    I never said any of what you allege I did. Did I say you supported Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat because you disagreed with AOC? FFS.
    because you used, as you are oft to do, a red herring. what does the gay issue have to do with AOC and her list? absolutely zero. the choices aren't always binary. i can disagree with both. 

FFS indeed. 
    For the last time, She. Doesn’t. Have. A. List.... i quoted the tweet a few pages back no mention of a list anywhere, the list shit started on right wing media and people for whatever reason picked it up and ran with it.
    Wait, so it’s not a former Obama staffer that started the (actual) list which I only became aware of because they replied to AOC’s tweet that they (TAP) were compiling a list? I’ll grab a screenshot of that tweet/reply as well.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Looking forward to some lifer from the US Forest Service getting dressed down by a Resistance soldier
    There is a difference between career civil servants and executive branch hires by the winning candidate’s administration.
    I'm certain the All Cops Are Klan crew can be trusted to make that distinction 
    I don’t think the Forest Service lifer has anything to worry about.
    As a lifer,  he's not changing jobs... by definition
    Maybe ANTIIIIIFA will burn down their forest and they’ll be looking for work?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    holding people financially accountable for their right as a citizen protected under the constitution sounds fucking fascist to me. 

FFS indeed. 
    For the last time, She. Doesn’t. Have. A. List.... i quoted the tweet a few pages back no mention of a list anywhere, the list shit started on right wing media and people for whatever reason picked it up and ran with it.
    Wait, so it’s not a former Obama staffer that started the (actual) list which I only became aware of because they replied to AOC’s tweet that they (TAP) were compiling a list? I’ll grab a screenshot of that tweet/reply as well.
    If a list exists it isn’t AOCs. She never called for a fucking list.  According to the NY post article the alleged list is run by a former Obama staffer.  To be sure no one knows who runs the trump accountability project website that the article also mentions existed before AOC rightfully said let’s hold these people accountable.  Again Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez does not have a list. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe I'm particularly sensitive to this because there are people I used to respect who showed their ass publicly multiple times during this administration. Rand Paul is a perfect example. If he runs for President in 4 years or whatever, I want journalists (or someone) to pull that shit out, put it in front of him, and ask him to explain it.
    And you think those words and public statements are going to go missing?
    I mean...are you talking about the internet archive? Again, I think you're taking what she said too literally. 
    Why would one be figurative about something so Orwellian and polarizing.  Again,  how does this expand the Democratic majority?
    I think we're just interpreting her differently. If I read it the same way you have we'd be Batman and Robin on this one.
    Politico with an article on it today.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293
    Not eating my hat yet.  This text from the website. The only text from said website in question in fact. 

We should welcome in our fellow Americans with whom we differ politically.

But those who took a paycheck from the Trump Administration should not profit from their efforts to tear our democracy apart. The world should never forget those who, when faced with a decision, chose to put their money, their time, and their reputations behind separating children from their families, encouraging racism and anti-Semitism, and negligently causing the unnecessary loss of life and economic devastation from our country's failed response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We should not allow the following groups of people to profit from their experience:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Individuals who worked for the Trump for President campaign, Republican National Committee, and affiliated PACs in 2016 or 2020.

Those who staffed his government.

Individuals who worked in any role as a political appointee in the Trump Administration.

Those who funded him.

Individuals who used their massive personal wealth and influence to bundle money for Trump.

The tweet in question.

so far no link to AOC or the accountability project, or who actually owns or staffs or other than Politico alleging it sprang up because of AOC wanting to hold people that were complicit in Trumpism accountable, and an NY Post article saying that it is the project of a former Obama staffer.

lol the idea that first they came for Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnel, then They came for Kayleigh mcEnemy, then they came for me energy going around about this.

But what does "profiting" mean?  Does that mean holding a job?  That gets back to the point I made yesterday.  Some mid/low level staffer should never work again?
    I still say if you knowingly signed a piece of paper that said you were going to help Donald trump advance his agenda you should absolutely be held accountable for that support.   There are jobs out there that don’t involve working for Trump, especially for republicans that think it’s no big deal for someone to lose their high paying corporate gig to a layoff and then have to deliver food or take up a retail job or both to make ends meet.   The only way I would agree with you about the low/mid level staffers thing would be if Trump wasn’t in fact as bad as we all know he is.  If you made it through a good school with a polisci degree you obviously have the critical thinking skills to look at Trumps life before being president and his record as president and make a judgement call.  The brainwashed uneducated masses, not so much, although still complicit they at least have the excuse of ignorance. 
    Maybe, and likely, you just signed a piece of paper that you were going to work 40 hours a week for $75k doing administrative or data mining for the State Department.  But that would put you in the "accountable" bucket.  

If there was some loyalty oath about advancing the agenda of DJT, I'd like to see it. 
    So now you are equating everyone with a government job as being complicit with Donald Trump or are you saying people that want to hold those who supported Trump accountable can’t tell the difference from someone that works for the federal government and someone that was literally part of the Trump administration.   I don’t think people are so obtuse that they believe that everyone in the federal government that falls under the Aegis of the executive branch is in support of the president no matter who it happens to be.  I don’t think the point is that everyone from the janitor at the lowest level of the state department to the intelligence analyst at their desk is part of the problem.  Those jobs need to be filled no matter who the president is.  I know from conversing with you on this board over the last few months that you are an intelligent and thoughtful person, so it is hard for me to see that you believe that a list meant to hold Trump supporters and enablers accountable is the same thing as a list of every position of the federal government that falls under the executive branch.  This is about the McEnemys, the Faloozy Flip Flops, Moscow Mitches, and the staff that surrounds them and helps them out as well as donors etc.  it has nothing to do with someone filling a desk for the department of education looking at FAFSA paperwork, so please stop pretending it does.
    I'm still in the same place, that's why I keep brining up the staffers, mid and low levels.  The senior policy makers?  Sure.  Hold them accountable, whatever that means.  If they run for office, absolutely that history is fair game.  And that's all public record.  If that's really all we're talking about here, then the whole existence of this project is a terrible PR strategy.  You don't have to do this because everyone in DC knows who was making policy.  If it gets lower than policy makers, like the staffers, then I have a real problem with this. 
    The best I can do on short notice, lol.

static111 said:
    static111 said:

FFS indeed. 
    If a list exists it isn’t AOCs. She never called for a fucking list.  According to the NY post article the alleged list is run by a former Obama staffer.  To be sure no one knows who runs the trump accountability project website that the article also mentions existed before AOC rightfully said let’s hold these people accountable.  Again Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez does not have a list. 
    I'm with you there.  I understand your point that it was the Obama staffer.  That's why I'm calling it the project. 
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

FFS indeed. 
    Ok, I’ll agree AOC doesn’t have a list herself. She’s asking others to keep a list dressed up as an archive of online postings. Sounds like we’re splitting hairs, personally.

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe I'm particularly sensitive to this because there are people I used to respect who showed their ass publicly multiple times during this administration. Rand Paul is a perfect example. If he runs for President in 4 years or whatever, I want journalists (or someone) to pull that shit out, put it in front of him, and ask him to explain it.
    I mean...are you talking about the internet archive? Again, I think you're taking what she said too literally. 
    Why would one be figurative about something so Orwellian and polarizing.  Again,  how does this expand the Democratic majority?
    I think we're just interpreting her differently. If I read it the same way you have we'd be Batman and Robin on this one.
    Politico with an article on it today.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293
    Not eating my hat yet.  This text from the website. The only text from said website in question in fact. 

But those who took a paycheck from the Trump Administration should not profit from their efforts to tear our democracy apart. The world should never forget those who, when faced with a decision, chose to put their money, their time, and their reputations behind separating children from their families, encouraging racism and anti-Semitism, and negligently causing the unnecessary loss of life and economic devastation from our country's failed response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We should not allow the following groups of people to profit from their experience:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Individuals who worked for the Trump for President campaign, Republican National Committee, and affiliated PACs in 2016 or 2020.

Individuals who worked in any role as a political appointee in the Trump Administration.

Those who funded him.

Individuals who used their massive personal wealth and influence to bundle money for Trump.

The tweet in question.

so far no link to AOC or the accountability project, or who actually owns or staffs or other than Politico alleging it sprang up because of AOC wanting to hold people that were complicit in Trumpism accountable, and an NY Post article saying that it is the project of a former Obama staffer.

lol the idea that first they came for Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnel, then They came for Kayleigh mcEnemy, then they came for me energy going around about this.

But what does "profiting" mean?  Does that mean holding a job?  That gets back to the point I made yesterday.  Some mid/low level staffer should never work again?
    I still say if you knowingly signed a piece of paper that said you were going to help Donald trump advance his agenda you should absolutely be held accountable for that support.   There are jobs out there that don’t involve working for Trump, especially for republicans that think it’s no big deal for someone to lose their high paying corporate gig to a layoff and then have to deliver food or take up a retail job or both to make ends meet.   The only way I would agree with you about the low/mid level staffers thing would be if Trump wasn’t in fact as bad as we all know he is.  If you made it through a good school with a polisci degree you obviously have the critical thinking skills to look at Trumps life before being president and his record as president and make a judgement call.  The brainwashed uneducated masses, not so much, although still complicit they at least have the excuse of ignorance. 
    Maybe, and likely, you just signed a piece of paper that you were going to work 40 hours a week for $75k doing administrative or data mining for the State Department.  But that would put you in the "accountable" bucket.  

If there was some loyalty oath about advancing the agenda of DJT, I'd like to see it. 
    So now you are equating everyone with a government job as being complicit with Donald Trump or are you saying people that want to hold those who supported Trump accountable can’t tell the difference from someone that works for the federal government and someone that was literally part of the Trump administration.   I don’t think people are so obtuse that they believe that everyone in the federal government that falls under the Aegis of the executive branch is in support of the president no matter who it happens to be.  I don’t think the point is that everyone from the janitor at the lowest level of the state department to the intelligence analyst at their desk is part of the problem.  Those jobs need to be filled no matter who the president is.  I know from conversing with you on this board over the last few months that you are an intelligent and thoughtful person, so it is hard for me to see that you believe that a list meant to hold Trump supporters and enablers accountable is the same thing as a list of every position of the federal government that falls under the executive branch.  This is about the McEnemys, the Faloozy Flip Flops, Moscow Mitches, and the staff that surrounds them and helps them out as well as donors etc.  it has nothing to do with someone filling a desk for the department of education looking at FAFSA paperwork, so please stop pretending it does.
    I'm still in the same place, that's why I keep brining up the staffers, mid and low levels.  The senior policy makers?  Sure.  Hold them accountable, whatever that means.  If they run for office, absolutely that history is fair game.  And that's all public record.  If that's really all we're talking about here, then the whole existence of this project is a terrible PR strategy.  You don't have to do this because everyone in DC knows who was making policy.  If it gets lower than policy makers, like the staffers, then I have a real problem with this. 
    I question how anyone could be a staffer for this administration? I take staffer to mean someone that worked for Kellyanne, Kayleigh, Huckstabee,Tillerson etc. I feel like you have to support that shit or at the least tacitly accept that it is ok. And to bring up Halifax’s point, do we really not want to hold a Stephen Miller staffer accountable?  Someone that had a hand in helping him craft policy?

The more I look at this whole non-story the more I question the whole Trump accountability project websites provenance.   How and why it has been tied to AOC is a bit of a mystery to me.  Surely others have said that Trump collaborators need to be held accountable? AOC can’t be the only one voicing these concerns.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

I question how anyone could be a staffer for this administration? I take staffer to mean someone that worked for Kellyanne, Kayleigh, Huckstabee,Tillerson etc. I feel like you have to support that shit or at the least tacitly accept that it is ok. And to bring up Halifax’s point, do we really not want to hold a Stephen Miller staffer accountable?  Someone that had a hand in helping him craft policy?

The more I look at this whole non-story the more I question the whole Trump accountability project websites provenance.   How and why it has been tied to AOC is a bit of a mystery to me.  Surely others have said that Trump collaborators need to be held accountable? AOC can’t be the only one voicing these concerns.
    Senior aid to Stephen Miller?  Accountable
    Maybe we're just stuck on definitions here.  There are lots of people who are technically political appointees but they survive admin changes because their work is generally non-partisan. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

Maybe we're just stuck on definitions here.  There are lots of people who are technically political appointees but they survive admin changes because their work is generally non-partisan. 
    Usually it is a clean sweep of previous admin appointees. A few stay behind but most move on voluntarily. 
    For the last 4 years there have been literally hundreds, if not thousands, of unfilled govt. appointed positions.  For 2 reasons...
    1. The current regime.chose not to fill them.
    2. They couldn't find anyone to fill the seats because people don't want it on their CV. And therefore they have remained open all this time and work is not getting done as it should.
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

Usually it is a clean sweep of previous admin appointees. A few stay behind but most move on voluntarily. 
    For the last 4 years there have been literally hundreds, if not thousands, of unfilled govt. appointed positions.  For 2 reasons...
    1. The current regime.chose not to fill them.
    2. They couldn't find anyone to fill the seats because people don't want it on their CV. And therefore they have remained open all this time and work is not getting done as it should.
    Yes that's the exception.  
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
     ̶A̶n̶t̶i̶f̶a̶  AOC

Boo!

• The next three generations of Kelly Ann CONway’s and CYA Barr’s offspring should be forever unemployed as penance for their parent, grandparent, and great grand parent giving us “alternative facts,” four page memos and overturning 40 years of DOJ independence from investigating baseless allegations of election fraud in a direct assault on our democracy as agents of a foreign power.

When will repubs and Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat supporters put their big boy pants on and stand up for ‘Murica?

Brilliantati©
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    ^Not until every last legal challenge is exhausted
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Forget AOC. The sooner the dems realize younger house members like Elissa Slotkin should be the face of their party, the better they will do moving forward.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/13/elissa-slotkin-braces-for-a-democratic-civil-war-436301
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Personally I think it’s just a natural splitting of the party and that 50 years from now the AOC’s and Bernie’s of the world will be the Dems and the Biden’s and Harris’s will be the Republicans. The problem is that the current republican base isn’t anywhere near ready to accept the moderate dems. I think the extreme hatred that 24 hour news stations and social media has caused between red and blue is preventing the natural shift to the left that has happened basically since the beginning of civilization.
    RiotZact said:
    Personally I think it’s just a natural splitting of the party and that 50 years from now the AOC’s and Bernie’s of the world will be the Dems and the Biden’s and Harris’s will be the Republicans. The problem is that the current republican base isn’t anywhere near ready to accept the moderate dems. I think the extreme hatred that 24 hour news stations and social media has caused between red and blue is preventing the natural shift to the left that has happened basically since the beginning of civilization.
    Yep. There's a realignment afoot right now.  There used to be some uneasy alliances in the R party between free market R's, Evangelicals and numbskulls.  The free marketers are increasingly moving left.  The question is how does the R become a sane party party again?
    mrussel1 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Yep. There's a realignment afoot right now.  There used to be some uneasy alliances in the R party between free market R's, Evangelicals and numbskulls.  The free marketers are increasingly moving left.  The question is how does the R become a sane party party again?
    What’s really mind boggling is how they are able to be so insane yet get 71 million votes. I can’t say I’m an expert on the history of how these shifts typically happen, but my assumption would be that the right would also be infighting and splitting their already smaller and aging overall base. But instead they all get along well enough to still have all these elections being toss ups. I suppose the fact that they will slowly die off will be enough to make it happen eventually. 
    RiotZact said:
    If this could be political reality I could finally become a centrist!
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    RiotZact said:
    It’s just the natural progression of things. Hell, Biden 25 years ago would probably call the Biden of today a filthy socialist. 
  • RiotZact said:
    static111 said:
    RiotZact said:
    It’s just the natural progression of things. Hell, Biden 25 years ago would probably call the Biden of today a filthy socialist. 
    Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden has more class than that. Socialist? Maybe. Filthy? Never.

Brilliantati©
    RiotZact said:
    static111 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden has more class than that. Socialist? Maybe. Filthy? Never.
    My apologies. A deceitfully cleanly socialist. 
  • RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    static111 said:
    RiotZact said:
    My apologies. A deceitfully cleanly socialist. 
    Unshaven, unshowered, non-deodorant wearing, beret wearing, bespectacled manifesto reading trade union member cafe squatting socialist.

Brilliantati©
    Scio me nihil scire

Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    I agree.  The stimulus stalling has been shameful. 
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    I agree.  The stimulus stalling has been shameful. 
    It really has. So many people are in such a bad way.  I’m lucky that we didn’t have to suffer long term.  So many people weren’t.  Also I am fortunate that my new job is essential and I will already be working in a clean environment where safety measures are easy to implement.  My friends in service and other smaller construction companies are hurting.  One of my friends managed a very succesful
    restaurant in Austin and lost his 55,000 salary because the restaurant couldn’t afford to keep him and struggle through the slump so he has been subsisting on UE which is chump change compared to what he was getting and sadly there aren’t a lot of restaurants looking to hire seasoned managers at this time.  A lot of my construction working friends have been hit hard as well.  Stuff like this is what kills me when it was no problem to come up with 2+trillion for the big business most of which didn’t trickle down.  I realize that most of this is because of Republican roadblocks, it just seems like the democrats could do more.  I don’t know what Nancy was thinking not putting some alternate legislation through.  Paring down the bill sitting on McConnell’s desk to something that just went to direct stimulus for rank and file Americans would have seemed like a big easy win whether it was passed or not.   I hope the country makes it through 2021
    Scio me nihil scire

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    AOC and Jagmeet Singh, the leader of our NDP, the most left-leaning of the three major federal parties, played a multiplayer online game on Twitch as a forum to discuss progressive policies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/among-us-sing-aoc-1.5818907
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    AOC and Jagmeet Singh, the leader of our NDP, the most left-leaning of the three major federal parties, played a multiplayer online game on Twitch as a forum to discuss progressive policies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/among-us-sing-aoc-1.5818907
    As well as raised 10s of thousands of dollars for low income and disadvantaged folks!
    Scio me nihil scire