~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Checking in on my friends cats while theyre away over the weekend. Wish I could have brought mine to visit them. But she doesn’t like other cats. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Are you sure you had the right house? 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Are you sure you had the right house? 
    lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Are you sure you had the right house? 
    :O 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

Very sweet. 😊
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Should I let the cat out of the bag :)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I tell ya, boxes and bags, every time!

Growing up, I had an old eccentric family member who owned a huge beautiful talking parrot, along with an exquisite cage brought over from Iran.

Not to be outdone, one of my aunts bought herself a large, equally elaborate cage, and put a mechanical bird inside.

What I would give to have that now!  Only for George's entertainment =)
    edited November 2020
    hedonist said:

Growing up, I had an old eccentric family member who owned a huge beautiful talking parrot, along with an exquisite cage brought over from Iran.

Not to be outdone, one of my aunts bought herself a large, equally elaborate cage, and put a mechanical bird inside.

That sounds cool. I am sure your cat would love a mechanical bird in a cage. I know mine would. I don't know what it is with boxes and bags. I guess it makes them feel secure. But it is funny when they like the boxes and bags better than the toys that come in them. I think my cats would rather play with a ball of tin foil or the plastic ring off the milk jugs or plastic bread ties - than any of the expensive toys I buy them.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

That sounds cool. I am sure your cat would love a mechanical bird in a cage. I know mine would. I don't know what it is with boxes and bags. I guess it makes them feel secure. But it is funny when they like the boxes and bags better than the toys that come in them. I think my cats would rather play with a ball of tin foil or the plastic ring off the milk jugs or plastic bread ties - than any of the expensive toys I buy them.

Kali loves boxes and bags. This is one of my favorite pics

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Kali loves boxes and bags. This is one of my favorite pics

That’s a great photo of Kali. Peekaboo. 
    I love the stealthy look :lol:

I’ve been playing with George and catnip for the past 20 minutes. Win/win, I say. 
    edited November 2020
    hedonist said:

I’ve been playing with George and catnip for the past 20 minutes. Win/win, I say. 
    Have you started your kitten search yet? If I recall Fall is a good time to look because all the summer kittens are still young and playful. Both of my cats were born in July. I wanted kittens at least 6 months old since I didn’t want to deal with a super rambunctious young kitten keeping me up all night with the zoomies. So mine were  born in July and I got them in late December/ early January. Perfect age for me. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Have you started your kitten search yet? If I recall Fall is a good time to look because all the summer kittens are still young and playful. Both of my cats were born in July. I wanted kittens at least 6 months old since I didn’t want to deal with a super rambunctious young kitten keeping me up all night with the zoomies. So mine were  born in July and I got them in late December/ early January. Perfect age for me. 
    Not yet, but we definitely want one in that young age range. The shelters here are now only by appointment for specific animal(s), which makes that spontaneous connection thing a bit tougher.  But we WILL have a new kitty before year end!
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Not yet, but we definitely want one in that young age range. The shelters here are now only by appointment for specific animal(s), which makes that spontaneous connection thing a bit tougher.  But we WILL have a new kitty before year end!
    Awesome. I am sure you will find the perfect kitty for your family. Can't wait to see photos.

Nip time!

hedonist said:
    Nip time!

That is gloriously adorable. Love the little tongue sticking out. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    Nip time!

:lol: awesome pics!  I haven't given Kali catni[p in awhile. She also rolls around in it. My other one, Willow, would just lick it, but didn't really effect her. Kali it does.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    Nip time!

:lol: awesome pics!  I haven't given Kali catni[p in awhile. She also rolls around in it. My other one, Willow, would just lick it, but didn't really effect her. Kali it does.
    Bless his fat self, Georgie EATS it. Then sniffs the remainder.

Then feigns disinterest. 

And then? He fully succumbs :lol:
    Orin&Thea cozying up, they are so much fun to have in our house 😺😺
    They’re just precious.

I checked the local shelter and they only have four kittens up for adoption! I suppose that’s a good thing. We have a call into Kitten Rescue, a local-ish place with a great reputation. 
    They are so cute. How is the dog adjusting?

hedonist said:
    They’re just precious.

I checked the local shelter and they only have four kittens up for adoption! I suppose that’s a good thing. We have a call into Kitten Rescue, a local-ish place with a great reputation. 
    Good luck. I am sure you will find the perfect kitten.

Amazon should just remarket their boxes as cat beds. I feel bad when I take them down to recycling. 
  • GlowGirl said:

Amazon should just remarket their boxes as cat beds. I feel bad when I take them down to recycling. 

My wife & I ask each other constantly why we even bother buying beds for them. Granted, they use those too, but come on.

Or like yesterday, when one of my cats chose a basket of clean clothes to burrow into as opposed to the softer than f Ugg blanket on the couch is beyond me.

GlowGirl said:
    They are so cute. How is the dog adjusting?

Great they are very cautious around her but have gotten close enough to smell each other 
  • First time resting on my lap, after a year. She doesn't like walking/being on people.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    So cute. Is that a kitten?