Options

If Trump gets re-elected?

13»

Comments

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Trump is a symptom of the bigger problem. 
    Watch “Capital in the 21st Century” on Netflix. It’s based on economist Thomas Piketty's book I’m currently reading. 

This all started with Reagan... the systematic deregulation of the economic system and the economic divide which has resulted in the past 40 years.  You cannot allow capitalism to run amuck... the haves, in fact, do have a fucking clue. The new “conservatism” is a snow job... pure and simple 
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Throw in Reagan's association of poverty with "the black urban welfare queen" when the majority of people on welfare are whites in rural areas. They maligned the public safety net by appealing to this racist trope and turned rural white America into Republican land. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    Trickledown has never worked 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    His administration will try to shut down any worthy news publications! 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    He better not shut down newsmax
    Or breitbart 
    Or the federalist 
    Or daily stormer
    Or any other patriotic news organizations 

• Options
    He better not shut down newsmax
    Or breitbart 
    Or the federalist 
    Or daily stormer
    Or any other patriotic news organizations 

Off course not those are all reputable information sources, not like NY Times or the WP!

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    If Trump wins democracy does and Kleptocracy reigns. We may never have another fair election again.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    ....a Sh!t Ton of people will unfortunately die of covid. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    What do you mean IF...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    A ton more.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,581
    edited November 2020
    If Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat gets re-elected through fuckery like this, and other methods, will they consider Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat as “Legitimate,” and duly and honestly elected, representative of democracy?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/texas-drive-through-voting-throw-out-ballots.html
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    If Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat gets re-elected through fuckery like this, and other methods, will they consider Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat as “LEGO mate,” and duly and honestly elected, representative of democracy?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/texas-drive-through-voting-throw-out-ballots.html
    Since there are no checks and balances anymore, there’s no risk.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    If Trump gets re-elected & it's legit,  not the Supreme Court or throwing out ballots, etc., I could no longer live in America. If another country will ever take us again. I'd become an expat.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    If Trump gets re-elected & it's legit,  not the Supreme Court or throwing out ballots, etc., I could no longer live in America. If another country will ever take us again. I'd become an expat.
    If you choose Canada...do your research.  Canada is getting to be an expensive country to live in...for example, in Toronto 1500/month rent may get you a broom closet, Vancouver that might get you the park bench...but you will get access to good medical and can likely find a family doctor.  Now in New Brunswick, housing is more affordable (a friend just moved there for that reason)...but family doctors are probably harder to find... 

Now where I live housing has gotten ridiculous...

In the last 10 years, folks from Toronto have sold their overpriced homes and have been moving down here and started paying well above the asking price...quite sad really...all this greed is going to cost this area.  Young people will not be able to afford a house...the wages around here do not allow for the average person to buy a house...

Wages are not keeping up with the cost of living...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    If you choose Canada...do your research.  Canada is getting to be an expensive country to live in...for example, in Toronto 1500/month rent may get you a broom closet, Vancouver that might get you the park bench...but you will get access to good medical and can likely find a family doctor.  Now in New Brunswick, housing is more affordable (a friend just moved there for that reason)...but family doctors are probably harder to find... 

In the last 10 years, folks from Toronto have sold their overpriced homes and have been moving down here and started paying well above the asking price...quite sad really...all this greed is going to cost this area.  Young people will not be able to afford a house...the wages around here do not allow for the average person to buy a house...

I live in the most expensive county in New Jersey, across from Manhattan, so it would be the same or cheaper.  I am waiting for the votes to be counted though. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

I live in the most expensive county in New Jersey, across from Manhattan, so it would be the same or cheaper.  I am waiting for the votes to be counted though. 
    Come to the maritimes problem solved! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Oh. I have a friend who was born & raised in Nova Scotia. That would still be on the Atlantic, I don't want to live far from the ocean, & there are several places besides Nova Scotia.  This could be my escape plan regardless of the outcome. Too expensive here, & crowded.   It is my first positive thought today. Thanks!!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

The problem is not solved.  What if an immigrant has health issues and needs a general practitioner on a regular basis?   Moving to Canada can be complicated just deciding where the best place is to live that fits that person's needs...So much of Canada is remote and rural.  But I agree, the Maritimes would be a great place to live, and would be worth researching to see if one's needs can be fulfilled.  And I'm retiring in New Brunswick...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Bergen county is no joke.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Bergen county is no joke.  
    Damn straight. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    joseph33 said:
    Curious as to what you will think or do,should Trump get re-elected? 

Maybe have an anxiety attack?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    toronto is not the proper barometer for cost of living or way of life in canada. it's like trying to warn against moving to the US and only using NYC as your reasoning...
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com