Options

If Trump gets re-elected?

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    OnWis97 said:
    if he wins (he won't) and the senate and house go blue (they may) then he'll be impeached and removed. next up at bat: Pence. 

hello President Pelosi. LOL

I think removal needs to be a 2/3 vote.
    yep. it's not out of the question, depending obviously how many seats are flipped, if any
    There's no chance 20 seats are flipped.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    Poncier said:
    OnWis97 said:
    if he wins (he won't) and the senate and house go blue (they may) then he'll be impeached and removed. next up at bat: Pence. 

hello President Pelosi. LOL

I think removal needs to be a 2/3 vote.
    yep. it's not out of the question, depending obviously how many seats are flipped, if any
    There's no chance 20 seats are flipped.
    yeah, I hadn't done the math. was just kind of thinking about it in my head. but it's also possible some republicans actually grow a spine. but doubtful. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    pjhawks said:
    if he gets re-elected the world is fucking doomed.
    to be fair, many thought that in his first term. 
    Yes but 4 more years can do so much more damage. First off he will be even more emboldened to do whatever the fuck he wants.  We will continue to have no national response to COVID-19 which can and will have long term world-wide economic effects not to mention what it will just do here. Our allies will be weaker because he won't protect them nor will they have any respect for us. Russia will be emboldened.  And we will continue to completely ignore science and any information on the environment.  I stand by my comment. The world is doomed if he gets re-elected.
  • Options
    If Trump wins, I buy a new boat. If Biden wins, I keep my old boat. And I will still surf and try to see PJ as much as I can. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    If Trump wins, I buy a new boat. If Biden wins, I keep my old boat. And I will still surf and try to see PJ as much as I can. 
    You must work in debt collections
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Yes but 4 more years can do so much more damage. First off he will be even more emboldened to do whatever the fuck he wants.  We will continue to have no national response to COVID-19 which can and will have long term world-wide economic effects not to mention what it will just do here. Our allies will be weaker because he won't protect them nor will they have any respect for us. Russia will be emboldened.  And we will continue to completely ignore science and any information on the environment.  I stand by my comment. The world is doomed if he gets re-elected.
    Yes, 4 more years will be more trouble then what we've seen so far. 

And, this Idiot has said the USA is leaving the WHO by July of next year, so if he is re-elected,  we may NEVER get back to Normal as the Virus will continue.

Like you said pjhawks: World could be doomed. 
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I think we will just see 4 more years of corruption, lying, boo hoos, no Covid help (who cares once he can’t be re-elected, right?) and lots and lots of golf. I will have to stay off social media, which is probably healthier...ten minutes on twitter/fb will make your head explode. 2020 has been the year of misinformation, even Google is changing their algos to combat it (and protect themselves). Really just want the chaos to be over.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    maybe the US, but not the world. 

and even if he wins, and if the senate is flipped, he'll be hogtied and basically won't be able to do much. i know what you're saying, but there's too many variable to just declare the world ending just because of one event. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Unfortunately, all this shit isnt going anywhere no matter who wins.  Maybe the Democrats can hold power long enough to put some protections in place for separation of power, election protection reform, etc.... but overall we are pretty fuct I think.

All these snowflake pussies need to play the victim card.  They are kind of disjointed when their people are in power and all they can do is cry about the "media".  They are going to be huge victims under a Biden administration.  Now they have been gifted the superpower of just making shit up and mainstreaming conspiracy theories.  

We are seeing the beginning of it, but we have a very major threat of domestic terrorism from right wing wackos who are armed to the teeth.  
    I think this an an underappreciated element of what's going on. I think acting like the victim is a part of Trump's appeal.  All these people, whether it was the election of a black president, the advancement of gay marriage and LGBTQ rights, people actually speaking out about the way blacks are treated by cops, the changing demographics, secularization, or whatever...they feel like the place at the top is being threatened and they feel under "attack."  They talk of how "tough" Trump is, but he's constantly whining about how mean everyone is to him.  As pitiful as that is, I think it's more of a feature than a bug because people like to think they're the underdog and are being oppressed. They've been accusing the left of it for years.  I don't necessarily think this is a right-wing-only issue, but right now, that's who's leadership is harnessing it so well.  Trump's a soft crybaby and it feeds his followers' feelings that the world is against them.

The bolded line is typical narcissistic behavior
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    I think we will just see 4 more years of corruption, lying, boo hoos, no Covid help (who cares once he can’t be re-elected, right?) and lots and lots of golf. I will have to stay off social media, which is probably healthier...ten minutes on twitter/fb will make your head explode. 2020 has been the year of misinformation, even Google is changing their algos to combat it (and protect themselves). Really just want the chaos to be over.
    I hear you, sheri zona  I only read twitter from thing posted by other here, so not very often and even then, it really is head exploding time.

By the way, it's always great to see someone new on AMT.  Hope to see you again here.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    static111 said:
    Ha! Lol, no. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
     static111 said:
    Ha! Lol, no. 
    First profession that came to mind that would allow one to buy a new boat under Trumps economy.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    joseph33 said:
    Curious as to what you will think or do,should Trump get re-elected? 
    If Trump wins. My hope is that Canada, France, Germany and the UK will form a "coalition of the willing", invade the U.S. and liberate the American people from Trump. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:
    If Trump wins. My hope is that Canada, France, Germany and the UK will form a "coalition of the willing", invade the U.S. and liberate the American people from Trump. 
    Lol 
  • Options
    Sweden not even invited. 

We have fucking JAS 39 GRIPEN

And GHOST

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I think the world would be a much better place if we all listened to Ghost.
  • Options
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:
    Don’t forget Grenada, Panama, Afghanistan and Iraq as I’m sure they’d contribute to ‘Murica’s liberation as well.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    jdasilvaf said:
    Ha!
    Well, I'm sorry to say but I can assure you this is not going to happen! Germany is a democratic state. If he wins, well than people screwed  up by voting for him. ;)
    The USA (better) needs to work on it's voting system asap... next time they get a chance. The whole system is sick.

And Sweden would be invited for such an crazy idea, SC. lol
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    jdasilvaf said:
    Don’t forget Grenada, Panama, Afghanistan and Iraq as I’m sure they’d contribute to ‘Murica’s liberation as well.
    Damn, that made me laugh, I'm sorry....  

Oh man, they would have their reasons. (Or interests)

If this all wouldn't be so sad... :(
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    kce8 said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    Ha!
    Well, I'm sorry to say but I can assure you this is not going to happen! Germany is a democratic state. If he wins, well than people screwed  up by voting for him. ;)
    The USA (better) needs to work on it's voting system asap... next time they get a chance. The whole system is sick.

And Sweden would be invited for such an crazy idea, SC. lol

Absolutely, kce. 

I want Biden to win in the biggest way and I'm cautiously optimistic he will, but there's still no guarantee. 

My take is that this race is not about policy as much as it is character.  In a way, I'm good with that.  It reveals who we are.  Policy should not be up to one individual anyway.  That just doesn't make sense. People working together makes sense.  I see Biden as more of a working together kind of person, not the opposite like his opponent.

The way I see it, it comes down to if Trump winning, then there are serious problems this country has to face.  It means a majority of Americans support (or at least accept and allow) bullying, meanness, rancor, bitterness, bitter sarcasm, and all the other ugly characteristics Trump excretes from his nasty self.  If Biden wins, it means more people are taken by a firm but gentle spirit of being, of making tough decisions with a dose of compassion and kindness, but not backing down to bullying.  Biden has shown he is a kind man but also a man who won't back down to a hateful egomaniac-narcissist.  

So we'll see what America is made of soon enough.  I'm rather unsettled about the whole thing myself. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Have not read thru this thread just the first post.

I would feel very sad for the country I live in , I would not be able to wrap my head around it.

With that said during therapy last night I went over all the things in my life that I am thankful for ( My wife , family , friends , our cats , my job , not living paycheck to paycheck and how more people do than don't on that one so just taking in the good )  , I told my therapist that when we meet again ( not next week the week after ) that it might be the best session we have ever had or the worst.

He told me right away before we got off our video call that everything I had just told him I was thankful for will still be there no matter who is president. Honestly hearing that helped and I have said it a few times today in my head while at work.

That said I really have hope that this nightmare will be over , Biden is not perfect and not the person I want to be voting for but without hesitation is the person we need right now.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    One thing for certain.  The PJ Message Board will explode as will many American heads...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Trump is a symptom of the bigger problem. 
    Watch “Capital in the 21st Century” on Netflix. It’s based on economist Thomas Piketty's book I’m currently reading. 

This all started with Reagan... the systematic deregulation of the economic system and the economic divide which has resulted in the past 40 years.  You cannot allow capitalism to run amuck... the haves, in fact, do have a fucking clue. The new “conservatism” is a snow job... pure and simple 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    One thing for certain.  The PJ Message Board will explode as will many American heads...
    A big reason why so many people are voting for him, as sad as it is.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:

lol, I hope not.... Canada would get destroyed (Being that's where this coalition would need to attack from).   America has a way bigger arsenal than those 3 countries combined.  Here in Canada we barely have a military, and most of our equipment is used we bought form other countries.    It would take about 2 seconds to defeat us.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:

lol, I hope not.... Canada would get destroyed (Being that's where this coalition would need to attack from).   America has a way bigger arsenal than those 3 countries combined.  Here in Canada we barely have a military, and most of our equipment is used we bought form other countries.    It would take about 2 seconds to defeat us.
    "This ain't 1812"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Zod said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:

"This ain't 1812"

Our Salvation Army could beat you.  :lol:   

Actually, I hope we never fight with our neighbors north or south.  I love Canada and the good people I have met from there.  (Even Montreal!)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Zod said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:

"This ain't 1812"

Actually, I hope we never fight with our neighbors north or south.  I love Canada and the good people I have met from there.  (Even Montreal!)

a group of hillbillies from the south could beat us. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    Zod said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:

"This ain't 1812"

Careful...there probably is a group of hillibillies from the south planning this. Don't worry, though, you'll see a warning as they take out northern blue states along the way.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    OnWis97 said:
    Zod said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    joseph33 said:

"This ain't 1812"

Careful...there probably is a group of hillibillies from the south planning this. Don't worry, though, you'll see a warning as they take out northern blue states along the way.
    I have way more in common with my neighbors to the north than I do with southern hillbillies, so I know which side I'd choose. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08