Options

If Trump gets re-elected?

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
Curious as to what you will think or do,should Trump get re-elected? 

Comments

• Options
    If Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat gets re-elected, it’ll be because he and his minions stole the election through missing ballots, long lines, contested ballots and court challenges. When ACB, it’s easy as 1,2,3, is seated, one third of the SCOTUS will have judges who previously worked on Gore Vs. Bush. And when that happens, I’ll seriously consider leaving ‘Murica to the Proud Boys. I hear Sweden has good health care and Covid under control. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    If he gets reelected, I'll be disappointed in our electoral process and some of my fellow Americans. 

I will probably live in the same house, drive the same car, have the same job and do the things that I have been doing in my life for years. 

In my lifetime, whomever has been president hasn't affected my daily routine. I don't let myself get sucked into the political quagmire of media, I vote my conscience and it has worked out. Not going to have anxiety or waste precious time on fucking politicians. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    dudeman said:
    If he gets reelected, I'll be disappointed in our electoral process and some of my fellow Americans. 

I will probably live in the same house, drive the same car, have the same job and do the things that I have been doing in my life for years. 

In my lifetime, whomever has been president hasn't affected my daily routine. I don't let myself get sucked into the political quagmire of media, I vote my conscience and it has worked out. Not going to have anxiety or waste precious time on fucking politicians. 

I think you have the right approach, dudeman.  I'm not sure I would take it in stride as well as you- I do tend to obsess over stuff- but carrying on with ones life, doing the best you can, taking care of yourself and the people in your life- that's what makes sense.

I was talking to my Pop one time- it was probably about 5 years ago, just a couple years before he died at age 96- and somehow we got on the subject of living through hard times.  He told me about a friend of his who was anti-Nazi and had lived in Germany during Hitler's regime.  Pop asked the fellow how he managed to deal with living under such a horrible dictator.   The man said that he just did the best he could to live a normal life- eat, sleep, work, learn, love, find joy where possible, and be careful to stay safe. 

I think it's important to stay informed and do what we can to make a positive difference.  But the thing is, life is hard enough without making it harder.  If Trump wins, I will be majorly depressed.  But talking to a few other people who I am close to, I am more worried about them than I am for myself.  I know people who might suffer grave illness from stress over such an outcome.  Shit, I do that anyway without adding to it the stress of something I can't control.  I would advise people who are generally healthy to not sacrifice your health over some peace of shit politician.  If you can do that, anyway.  But I understand how it is that for some, that could be a major challenge.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    If it happens, it should by the global community be seen as a threat to the survival of the planet and Europe and the rest of the world should put sanctions on the US.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If it happens, it should by the global community be seen as a threat to the survival of the planet and Europe and the rest of the world should put sanctions on the US.
    Will China be part of these sanctions against the US.  If so, please sanction Canada so we be forced to stop doing business with China...thank you.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Will China be part of these sanctions against the US.  If so, please sanction Canada so we be forced to stop doing business with China...thank you.
    Sweden won't get China in on this, they hate us. We don't approve of them jailing people and stuff. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    When this happens, it will not only affect every single person in the US, but it will definitely also have a major impact on global relationships.

I'm sorry to say that, but as a European, it's pretty scary to see what's going on in your country.
    This terrible person and his entourage are literally destroying democracy and all the good that this country stands for.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Well, it will fortunately not directly as negatively as others. That said I will get more and more vocal and intolerant and lose some friends and have more strained work relationships.

And while my family has not been seeking it in the past, we have talked about seeking a work assignment overseas as a real possibility. Unfortunately not many opportunities at the moment.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,778
    Tommy Lee will supposedly leave the country. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    If he wins it’ll give me 4 more years to plant out my retirement back to Chile I’m 60 now I’ll be 64 by then hopefully still alive my wife has no problem leaving here to retire down in South America and damn sure won’t be to the capital! Either the lake region or up north where it’s more tropical weather..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,197
    if he gets re-elected the world is fucking doomed.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited October 2020

I'll go on with my day to day life, but I think the we're seriously f'ed if it happens, both domestically and internationally.

We're in trouble regardless of who wins, but voting Trump out will be a good first step towards trying to get this country back together (if it's even possible).

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    If tRump is re-elected I will completely lose faith in this system.  It just doesn't make sense how someone that corrupt and incompetent could be POTUS.

Honestly I would question how we would ever dig out of the hole that another four years would create.  He would bilk more money for himself and put more of his cronies in positions that cover his corruption.  

A tRump victory would mean that there are a lot more idiots in this country than I thought.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    If tRump is re-elected I will completely lose faith in this system.  It just doesn't make sense how someone that corrupt and incompetent could be POTUS.

Honestly I would question how we would ever dig out of the hole that another four years would create.  He would bilk more money for himself and put more of his cronies in positions that cover his corruption.  

A tRump victory would mean that there are a lot more idiots in this country than I thought.  
    Yep pretty sobering! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ...and yes, he's not just a threat to his own country.

Trumpet, with his entire foreign policy, is responsible for the destruction of all old global regulations and is therefore largely responsible for the collapse of the world order.
    If he wins, that means US Americans are good with his behavior and way of acting with lies and stuff, so it will just be a major loss of confidence in the American people.

The shitty thing is that problems are not solved simply by getting rid of him. Too many dedicated supporters and a system that needs more than regulation.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2020
    I really do not see my day to day changing much regardless of who is elected...I know it will impact some over others to varying extents, but I really don’t see much changing for me due to which president holds office in the foreseeable future.
    I’m not going to move out of the country or anything haste like that, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I really do not see my day to day changing much regardless of who is elected...I know it will impact some over others to varying extents, but I really don’t see much changing for me due to which president holds office in the foreseeable future.
    Good for you.
    Isn't there a lot more of hate and fear, lies and trouble in your county lately? A lack of dignity in the White House? I heard of a lot of bad things happening since you got a new president. I can't imagine that wouldn't affect you.

Well, maybe you could not just see it from your own perspective, but try to look at it through the eyes of a collective ... I'm sure the majority of Americans (especially poor and unemployed people, without health care, etc) have another Answer.

This is a social problem. Lack of solidarity.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2020
    kce8 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Good for you.
    Isn't there a lot more of hate and fear, lies and trouble in your county lately? A lack of dignity in the White House? I heard of a lot of bad things happening since you got a new president. I can't imagine that wouldn't affect you.

Well, maybe you could not just see it from your own perspective, but try to look at it through the eyes of a collective ... I'm sure the majority of Americans (especially poor and unemployed people, without health care, etc) have another Answer.

Well, I shut down my Facebook, so I am not getting inundated with hate and sensationalized media every second of the day.  Maybe if I lived in a large city this stuff would hit closer to home, but everyone seems to get along pretty well here in my “smaller” city.  No hate rallies or riots, people are helping each other, and things are pretty peaceful for the most part.  I see acts of solidarity all of the time here with people helping each other out, police walking in BLM rallies, meals being provided by the community and churches when people are sick, etc.
    I’m sure there are plenty that would have a different answer.  I was just being honest, not much will change in my day to day life, personally.  I’m not moving out of the US if Biden or Trump get elected, and it’s actually comforting living in a mostly politically ignored region right now.  I see what is going on in some of the large cities and it seems as far removed as if I were living in a different country.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I'm already at the point of acceptance.  He's either going to get re-elected or he's going to be installed by SCOTUS and Barr.

I looked into leaving the country four years ago and at my age and with my relative lack of special skills, it ain't happening.  So I'm going to prepare my answer to the door-to-door Trump Loyalty tests...I'm only being kind of hyperbolic.

Generally speaking, I'm just going to live my life and try to do some little things like give to causes, etc. I feel pretty helpless and powerless. I'm lucky to be upper-middle-class (the Trump Dynasty makes that potentially shaky but not in the immediate).  I haven't really decided how I'm going to spend money or time in response.  I need to take care of myself, which includes working a lot, working out, and relaxing. But I'll try to expand my reach a bit, be it on local issues or whatever. 

I'm also probably going to stop saying anything in social media. If I'm going to die in prison* for being disloyal to the First Family, I'm going to have it mean something; not just because I'm snarky.

*Right now that's hyperbole. I'm not convinced it always will be.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm already at the point of acceptance.  He's either going to get re-elected or he's going to be installed by SCOTUS and Barr. 
    If he loses, he can sue all he wants, but the SC isn't going to uphold whatever it is he's going to be grasping at. Even if you're concerned that the conservatives outnumber the liberals, I don't think Roberts will go along with it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    OnWis97 said:

I looked into leaving the country four years ago and at my age and with my relative lack of special skills, it ain't happening.  So I'm going to prepare my answer to the door-to-door Trump Loyalty tests...I'm only being kind of hyperbolic.

Generally speaking, I'm just going to live my life and try to do some little things like give to causes, etc. I feel pretty helpless and powerless. I'm lucky to be upper-middle-class (the Trump Dynasty makes that potentially shaky but not in the immediate).  I haven't really decided how I'm going to spend money or time in response.  I need to take care of myself, which includes working a lot, working out, and relaxing. But I'll try to expand my reach a bit, be it on local issues or whatever. 

I'm also probably going to stop saying anything in social media. If I'm going to die in prison* for being disloyal to the First Family, I'm going to have it mean something; not just because I'm snarky.

*Right now that's hyperbole. I'm not convinced it always will be.
    I think trump has a decent chance of winning, but the media and many of us believe SCOTUS has absolute power here. It’s just not that simple. Bush v Gore has had a lasting impression, but 2020 is extremely different, as Dems control the House and many swing state governor mansions. Gore had none of that support and that is why he conceded when SCOTUS ruled in 2000. This year is very different.

The House actually has more constitutional power deciding Presidential elections than SCOTUS. Trump thinks that helps him because more states are republican (that’s how the House votes) and Trump has 26 votes the way the house is right now, the minimum votes needed to win.

But the House powers are more vast. The House also counts electoral votes. Say it comes down to one state, PA. If SCOTUS gives a Republican list of electors to be counted while the state governor gives a democratic list (the law says state governors and secretaries certify election results). Pelosi would have competing lists of electors and controls the process. She can literally kick Pence out of the process if she wants. She could throw out that states electoral votes. Then the House votes. 26 republican votes, trump wins. 

Not so fast. If any PA house races are close, the House decides if that congressman gets to sit or whether there is a formal review which could take a long time. Those 26 votes are now 25, and if the House stays deadlocked for 2 weeks, Pelosi could become President, or leverage that power to have a split ticket win.

This power has already been ruled as constitutional  by SCOTUS.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    kce8 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Good for you.

If I may add to your list of poor and unemployed people without health care - 'women's reproductive rights and accessible and affordable birth control, prenatal and post natal care'. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Unfortunately, all this shit isnt going anywhere no matter who wins.  Maybe the Democrats can hold power long enough to put some protections in place for separation of power, election protection reform, etc.... but overall we are pretty fuct I think.

All these snowflake pussies need to play the victim card.  They are kind of disjointed when their people are in power and all they can do is cry about the "media".  They are going to be huge victims under a Biden administration.  Now they have been gifted the superpower of just making shit up and mainstreaming conspiracy theories.  

We are seeing the beginning of it, but we have a very major threat of domestic terrorism from right wing wackos who are armed to the teeth.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    pjhawks said:
    to be fair, many thought that in his first term. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    to be fair, many thought that in his first term. 
    Do you know he didn't doom it in that first term?
  • Options
    if he wins (he won't) and the senate and house go blue (they may) then he'll be impeached and removed. next up at bat: Pence. 

hello President Pelosi. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Unfortunately, all this shit isnt going anywhere no matter who wins.  Maybe the Democrats can hold power long enough to put some protections in place for separation of power, election protection reform, etc.... but overall we are pretty fuct I think.

All these snowflake pussies need to play the victim card.  They are kind of disjointed when their people are in power and all they can do is cry about the "media".  They are going to be huge victims under a Biden administration.  Now they have been gifted the superpower of just making shit up and mainstreaming conspiracy theories.  

We are seeing the beginning of it, but we have a very major threat of domestic terrorism from right wing wackos who are armed to the teeth.  
    I think this an an underappreciated element of what's going on. I think acting like the victim is a part of Trump's appeal.  All these people, whether it was the election of a black president, the advancement of gay marriage and LGBTQ rights, people actually speaking out about the way blacks are treated by cops, the changing demographics, secularization, or whatever...they feel like the place at the top is being threatened and they feel under "attack."  They talk of how "tough" Trump is, but he's constantly whining about how mean everyone is to him.  As pitiful as that is, I think it's more of a feature than a bug because people like to think they're the underdog and are being oppressed. They've been accusing the left of it for years.  I don't necessarily think this is a right-wing-only issue, but right now, that's who's leadership is harnessing it so well.  Trump's a soft crybaby and it feeds his followers' feelings that the world is against them.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    if he wins (he won't) and the senate and house go blue (they may) then he'll be impeached and removed. next up at bat: Pence. 

I think removal needs to be a 2/3 vote.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

yep. it's not out of the question, depending obviously how many seats are flipped, if any
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97 said:

yep. it's not out of the question, depending obviously how many seats are flipped, if any
    If Trump wins, I don't see the party moving one inch away. All votes will be on party lines.