The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    "I am all col with giving a platform for a fucking idiot spewing bullshit, because I ask my off-camera friend to google stuff sometimes"
    i don't even know what your point is here. and jamie is a producer. not an "off camera friend". you don't have a $100 million show by employing a buddy who isn't a professional. 
    Lol. Okey. Sorry, I touched a nerve.
    again with this "touched a nerve" shit. that's what people mean by trolling. you didn't touch any nerve. you once again showed your seemingly unending ignorance. and if touching people's nerves is some motivation for posting, then maybe you should take some time to reflect on why. 
    I am so sorry Mr Dillon that I do not know enough about Joe Rogan, to know that the person off-screen googling - while accepting to have Alex Jones on - has the title "producer" and not "friend".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    "I am all col with giving a platform for a fucking idiot spewing bullshit, because I ask my off-camera friend to google stuff sometimes"
    i don't even know what your point is here. and jamie is a producer. not an "off camera friend". you don't have a $100 million show by employing a buddy who isn't a professional. 
    again with this "touched a nerve" shit. that's what people mean by trolling. you didn't touch any nerve. you once again showed your seemingly unending ignorance. and if touching people's nerves is some motivation for posting, then maybe you should take some time to reflect on why. 
    Spot on.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Leaving aside Rogans weak in time fact checking, he gave a platform to Alex Jones for over 3 hrs. I thought everyone was done with that piece of shit, but here we are. Rogan dragged him out of the trash bin and gave him an audience of millions.

We should all be asking ourselves why he would do that?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I am so sorry Mr Dillon that I do not know enough about Joe Rogan, to know that the person off-screen googling - while accepting to have Alex Jones on - has the title "producer" and not "friend".
    i appreciate you admitting to posting things you are ignorant about.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dignin said:
    Leaving aside Rogans weak in time fact checking, he gave a platform to Alex Jones for over 3 hrs. I thought everyone was done with that piece of shit, but here we are. Rogan dragged him out of the trash bin and gave him an audience of millions.

ratings?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    dignin said:

because he is just a dumb bro that needs the attention. how much time did they discuss onnit?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • "I am all col with giving a platform for a fucking idiot spewing bullshit, because I ask my off-camera friend to google stuff sometimes"
    i appreciate you admitting to posting things you are ignorant about.  
    Didn't know it was so important if it was a "friend" or someone having the title "producer" googling some stuff off the side, while they invite Alex Jones on.

But, lets get back on track:

"I am all cool with giving a platform for a fucking idiot spewing bullshit, because I ask a person with the title producer to google stuff sometimes"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    dignin said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dignin said:

did you watch/listen to the podcast to be able to make the claim that it was "weak in time"?

I have already given my theory as to why rogan sometimes has guests on his show like this, but whenever it doesn't include "because he's a POS", it's seen as defending him (which it's not-a theory is not a defence). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    The answer is that they've been friends for a long time and he has (imo) a misguided blind spot for the guy at this point. There was a period of time when Alex Jones was basically a daytime Art Bell. The Info Wars ascent is insane and long ago reached a point where a responsible person would have taken their foot off the gas.
    edited October 2020
    pjl44 said:
    The answer is that they've been friends for a long time and he has (imo) a misguided blind spot for the guy at this point. There was a period of time when Alex Jones was basically a daytime Art Bell. The Info Wars ascent is insane and long ago reached a point where a responsible person would have taken their foot off the gas.
    doesn't really explain his blind spot for others like ted nugent and jordan peterson, and possibly others that i'm forgetting. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

It's not money. The guy has had Kanye West, Matthew McConaughey, Mike Tyson, and Miley Cyrus as guests. And that's only the last couple months. He doesn't need Alex Jones.
    steven crowder. candace owens. gavin mcinnis. milo. ben shapiro. 

wow. he's had a lot of assholes on his show. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

pjl44 said:
    doesn't really explain his blind spot for others like tim dillon and ted nugent and jordan peterson, and possibly others that i'm forgetting. 
    This is all subjective, but Nugent is the only one I'd put in the same category as having said truly horrendous shit. You don't have to like Tim Dillon or Jordan Peterson, but I don't see a problem in talking to them if you do.

In some cases it was before they revealed the full extent of their assholishness. For example, I remember being entertained by McInnes on Rogan and Opie & Anthony. Then the Proud Boys stuff started and you're like ohhhhhhhh this guy's on that kinda trip.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited October 2020

I don't think Shapiro and Owens should be in the same camp as McInnis. He's outrageous. Frankly, I think giving him a platform is even worse than giving one to Alex Jones. Don't know much about Milo so I can't really comment. Crowder is basically what I imagine Rogan probably is like in private. I have a friend that loves Crowder. I think he's annoying as hell. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited October 2020
    I want Sam Seder to be on. I think he might have asked about it...

https://youtu.be/mPIcRJDqQPM

David Pakman has been on a couple of times. At least twice.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

pjl44 said:

In some cases it was before they revealed the full extent of their assholishness. For example, I remember being entertained by McInnes on Rogan and Opie & Anthony. Then the Proud Boys stuff started and you're like ohhhhhhhh this guy's on that kinda trip.

IDK, I listened to the first half hour of one of his last interviews with McInnes and that guy's assholishness was on full display, with Rogan nodding along like a bobblehead to most of what he had to say... just like with Alex Jones.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Touching nerves sounds creepy.

This thread is gold!
    edited October 2020

pjl44 said:

IDK, I listened to the first half hour of one of his last interviews with McInnes and that guy's assholishness was on full display, with Rogan nodding along like a bobblehead to most of what he had to say... just like with Alex Jones.

Is there anyone Joe isn't nodding his head to? Whether it's Ghandi or Hitler. 

"Ah, so protesting peacefully... that's interesting. Off-screen person, throw up that funny clip of..."

"Ah, so Poland actually belonged to you to begin with, that's interesting.Off-screen person, throw up that funny clip of..."

Maybe i'm ignorant again. But that is my view of the man.

pjl44 said:

McInnes has always been *an* asshole. Go look at all the OG Vice stuff. Proud Boys is another thing altogether.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    hedonist said:
    Touching nerves sounds creepy.

This thread is gold!
    i once touched an ulnar nerve a few years ago when i was assisting with an ulnar nerve transposition.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i felt like my tattoo artist was touching a nerve yesterday. felt like electric shocks going down my arm. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    I feel violated.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Anyone watch the Glenn Greenwald conversation? 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I just read the article about that situation. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    don't know who the guy is, but he resigned because his editors were forcing him to remove all negative references to biden in his work. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergs said:
    don't know who the guy is, but he resigned because his editors were forcing him to remove all negative references to biden in his work. 
    According to his editors they were asking him to back up allegations that he was making and not to delete all negative references to Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden. National Review is already claiming all news outlet editorial boards are at risk and it’s another example of quashing “free speech.” Back your (not you but the writer) shit up (allegations) with verifiable facts or go find your own damn platform to spread your bullshit. The acceptance of purposeful misinformation, unfounded allegations and lies and innuendo under the guise of “free speech” is getting ridiculous.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    More left eating the left. Disappointing. He co-founded the company he just resigned from yeah? Wouldn't that be finding your own platform? 
    tbergs said:
    He's the guy who broke the whole Snowden thing. Interesting interview on JRE.