How you feeling right now???

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Out of the blue and into the black..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Woke up this morning, laid in bed for awhile. Decided to get up and out to feed my cat and giver her her insulin. Took a few steps then started to black out. Grabbed onto a a door frame,my left foot gave way and i fell flat on my face onto the carpeted floor. Laid there for a few seconds then i realized my nose was bleed profusely. Gathered my senses and went to the bathroom to stop the bleeding and tried to clean my carpet. Nice rug burn on my face if that's possible.

Just weird, never had that happen. Physically fine but mentally wasn't there for awhile. Headache? Vertigo? Stress from co-vid 19? don't know.
    could be a weird one-off nothing to worry about. but i'd go to your doc for a once over just in case. been having some similar (but less intense) issues myself the past few weeks. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    Sorry @eeriepadave
    I do stuff like that all the time, I'm such a putz.  I haven't stacked it in a while but sorry to hear you had a nose bleed. I hope you've recovered a bit more now. Last time the fridge door fell on my head. I'm much better now but i drop stuff on the floor all the time and the dog jumps out of his basket. I just did it again and dropped the remote.... wooden flooring just isnt for me.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Empty and hollow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Empty and hollow
    You are not!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    kinda in pain. Think i pulled something when i was lifting something at work. My rib area/abdomen hurt. Hurts when i cough, breathe heavy or move in a certain way. So that kinda sucks and will probably be a few weeks til it heals
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    kinda in pain. Think i pulled something when i was lifting something at work. My rib area/abdomen hurt. Hurts when i cough, breathe heavy or move in a certain way. So that kinda sucks and will probably be a few weeks til it heals
    Sorry you are in pain. Feel better soon.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ugh. Can workers comp help with treatment? Or is that out the window right now due to Covid?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    I'm feeling really lucky.  On the way home tonight, I missed hitting a deer by about one millimeter.  I didn't see it coming from the left because oncoming lights were blinding me (damn these new laser-bright LED headlights!) and suddenly this light brown critter whisked past the front of my car.  I've never come so close to hitting a deer before.  I'm serious, I had to have missed it my less than an inch. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    hedonist said:
    Ugh. Can workers comp help with treatment? Or is that out the window right now due to Covid?
    Well not 100% it happened at work although I think it did since I haven’t really done anything else. Can’t really treat bruised ribs, can you? Think it has to heal on its own. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    brianlux said:
    I'm feeling really lucky.  On the way home tonight, I missed hitting a deer by about one millimeter.  I didn't see it coming from the left because oncoming lights were blinding me (damn these new laser-bright LED headlights!) and suddenly this light brown critter whisked past the front of my car.  I've never come so close to hitting a deer before.  I'm serious, I had to have missed it my less than an inch. 
    That's what she said.  :bee:
    brianlux said:
    i've been saying for years that those things are a fucking hazard and should be outlawed. it's like everyone has their brights on at all times now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:
    Well not 100% it happened at work although I think it did since I haven’t really done anything else. Can’t really treat bruised ribs, can you? Think it has to heal on its own. 
    Nope, I believe you’re correct. You are time and patience’s bitch for now ;)
  • Those lights blind me for a good while.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    hopefull
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Exhausted but hopeful!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Finished with it all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Today was a really rough day.  From last November until earlier this month, I was doing great with walking every day and trying to stay healthy.  And then last Sunday my foot started to hurt for no reason and I had to stop walking.  I tried getting out and doing stuff today and my energy was really low.  My wife took a picture of me that I guess she thought I would like.  No, sorry dear, it depresses me beyond measure.  I look like I'm on my last legs.  I feel like it.  That's life, I guess.  Here today, gone tomorrow.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    brianlux said:
    Today was a really rough day.  From last November until earlier this month, I was doing great with walking every day and trying to stay healthy.  And then last Sunday my foot started to hurt for no reason and I had to stop walking.  I tried getting out and doing stuff today and my energy was really low.  My wife took a picture of me that I guess she thought I would like.  No, sorry dear, it depresses me beyond measure.  I look like I'm on my last legs.  I feel like it.  That's life, I guess.  Here today, gone tomorrow.

Brian im right along side you. 
    I saw a picture  of me my wife took and my eyes say ive given up. I can see my pain . It kills me. My 3 year old keeps saying  why are you  sad daddy.  Heart breaking battle
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

brianlux said:

Brian im right along side you. 
    I saw a picture  of me my wife took and my eyes say ive given up. I can see my pain . It kills me. My 3 year old keeps saying  why are you  sad daddy.  Heart breaking battle

Than you, Rob.  You are a good and sweet soul.  Take care, my friend.

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    I can relate to this.... I think a bad photo can really set you back for ages when in fact it doesn't really mean anything. Somewhere online there was a good photo of a handsome male model but then they showed some photos taken straight before and after that one and they weren't particularly nice, quite unattractive really. You wouldn't have thought it was the same man. Perhaps it's just a numbers game.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    I can relate to this.... I think a bad photo can really set you back for ages when in fact it doesn't really mean anything. Somewhere online there was a good photo of a handsome male model but then they showed some photos taken straight before and after that one and they weren't particularly nice, quite unattractive really. You wouldn't have thought it was the same man. Perhaps it's just a numbers game.
    I think people place way too much emphasis on how they look (not hygiene and the like). Also overly concerned with imagery.
    This last month has brought a lot of frustration health-wise.  I had the second Moderna vaccination 23 days ago and although some days are better than others, overall I have not felt up to par yet with having fatigue, aches, and depression. 
    On top of that, the other day I leaned over to pick up something that had fallen on the floor and leaned too hard against my ribs and something kind of snapped.  I think I bruised or cracked a rib.  Add to that the soreness in my left foot that made walking difficult for a few days and that is still giving me a bit of grief. 
    But like Henry Rollins said, "hack or pack".   Gotta keep moving.  I'm hacking!

I am thrilled to be able to walk again!
    Tuesday night, I started getting a sharp pain in the inner side of my left hip- a stabbing pain in the inside part of the joint. It quickly got worse to the point that all of Tuesday night I was in excruciating pain, could not get comfortable and could not sleep at all. The next morning, yesterday morning, I was a total wreck. My wife was able to get me an appointment the AM and drove me in to see my doctor. I could not walk on my own and even using a cane, it was very hard to move much at all and still in constant pain. Getting up and down in a chair was worse- absolutely killer stabbing pain in my hip. I was given a prescription for pain and sent to radiology for x-rays. By that evening the pain had finally subsided a little and I could get around a bit more with the cane. This morning was even better- I only needed the cane for light support and the pain was even more reduced.
    And now, this evening, being cautious, I can walk on my own again! I still have pain in the hip joint but far, far less and it is no longer constant. That first 24 hours of agony though was really challenging. Sure glad to be past that point!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    brianlux said:
    Tuesday night, I started getting a sharp pain in the inner side of my left hip- a stabbing pain in the inside part of the joint. It quickly got worse to the point that all of Tuesday night I was in excruciating pain, could not get comfortable and could not sleep at all. The next morning, yesterday morning, I was a total wreck. My wife was able to get me an appointment the AM and drove me in to see my doctor. I could not walk on my own and even using a cane, it was very hard to move much at all and still in constant pain. Getting up and down in a chair was worse- absolutely killer stabbing pain in my hip. I was given a prescription for pain and sent to radiology for x-rays. By that evening the pain had finally subsided a little and I could get around a bit more with the cane. This morning was even better- I only needed the cane for light support and the pain was even more reduced.
    And now, this evening, being cautious, I can walk on my own again! I still have pain in the hip joint but far, far less and it is no longer constant. That first 24 hours of agony though was really challenging. Sure glad to be past that point!
    I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope you continue to feel even better each day. 
    So the progress is due to pain meds?

Whatever gets you through the night!

Been there, it sucks. 
    Tired.. very..100 days without day off..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    i thought you were living the life of paradise right now??
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    jesus brian, stop moshing around to Black Flag. we ain't gettin' any younger. 

(hehe, glad you're better)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

23scidoo said:
    i thought you were living the life of paradise right now??
    I'm living in a beautiful island but work is work my friend..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.