TEN CLUB UK/EU STORE!

Comments

• raoulduke881raoulduke881 Rome, Italy Posts: 32
    edited October 2020
    Well folks: i just cancelled my 10C auto renewal.
    Why? Because behind 10C merch desk sits at least one person that does not deserve to do the job they do. 
    "have an absolutely fantastic day" is the treatment i've been reserved for unmsking the lies i've been told. 

Post edited by raoulduke881 on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    Why? Because behind 10C merch desk sits at least one person that does not deserve to do the job they do. 
    "have an absolutely fantastic day" is the treatment i've been reserved for unmsking the lies i've been told. 

Are these types of responses to fans, a result of the CS department having a few days off and because of the pandemic @Santos L. Halper
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398

What a way to be spoken to.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Do we think Ten Club know how terrible the membership has been for the last while and they're desperately trying to pretend everything is fine or is it that they actually don't care? 
    I hate the thoughts of cancelling my membership, but considering PJ haven't been to Ireland in 10 years it's wasted re: tickets (I've gone to the UK a few times to see them but that's just not a financial option anymore). The Christmas single is gone. The t-shirt is fine. The only reason I keep the membership at the moment is for the vault vinyl but considering how this vault debacle has played out, that's a ludicrous decision. It's not hard to make good decisions for your fans. Even the live stream for €15 is ridiculous. I will gladly pay to see a band online, I paid just €10 to see Electric Six do a live gig on Friday, they streamed in to my home and in November they'll send on the video and mp3. A brilliant idea and an easy enough one to do. If a band like E6 can do something creative like that, there's no reason PJ can't. Instead they give us a show from 4 years ago and charge us for it. 

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    You don't even need to be a member to order the Vault Vinyl

Just go to https://pearljam.probitymerch.com/ . Order up to six copies and pay for them. By the way - postage for six copies is "only" 75 euros. That's a bargain compared to 52 euros for one.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    edited October 2020
    i'm still furious with 10C: i've never been treated with such an arrogance by someone that represents an official fan club.
    thanks to an employee's arrogance they lost a loyal customer: 10C will never see a single cent coming from my wallet again. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    i'm still furious with 10C: i've never been treated with such an arrogance by someone that represents an official fan club.
    thanks to an employee's arrogance they lost a loyal customer: 10C will never see a single cent coming from my wallet again. 
    I’m confused.  Are you talking about the “have an absolutely fantastic day comment”?

The fans have a legitimate gripe about the shipping but your email to them was argumentative and snarky not to mention the use of all caps.  It’s al little disingenuous  for you to complain about their sarcasm and dismiss your own lack of civility.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited October 2020
    my lack of civility?
    what about the copy pasted replies other members got for complaining about the same issue?
    what about the lies i've been told since the beginning? (it's brexit fault / we ship from the us)
    yes. i was snarky. yes, i used caps. but their first reply was like "yes, dude, whatever. we don't care."
    that's outrageous.
    instead of the world postal congress tale and the insulting The Vault is also available at our UK/EU store, something like "yes, aware of this situation but there is little to nothing we can do about, we're sorry" would've been much more appopriate and appreciated.
    who lacked civility?

my lack of civility?
    what about the copy pasted replies other members got for complaining about the same issue?
    what about the lies i've been told since the beginning? (it's brexit fault / we ship from the us)
    yes. i was snarky. yes, i used caps. but their first reply was like "yes, dude, whatever. we don't care."
    that's outrageous.
    instead of the world postal congress tale and the insulting The Vault is also available at our UK/EU store, something like "yes, aware of this situation but there is little to nothing we can do about, we're sorry" would've been much more appopriate and appreciated.
    who lacked civility?

Got to disagree.  They gave you a very professional explanation for the issue.  You just didn’t like the answer and so you responded back with snark and caps.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    edited October 2020
    You can argue whether @raoulduke881 reply was too snarky but the initial answer from 10c is not very professional. 

@raoulduke881 like me asked specifically about shipping costs from the EU-store. Their answer was clearly focusing on shipping from the 10c-US-store. And it is a little bit frustrating if you get an answer which includes „did you see that we sell this item also from the EU-store?“ when you asked them about the high shipping FROM THE EU-STORE!

Sorry for the caps ;-)
    Post edited by axeljohan on
    axeljohan said:
    You can argue whether @raoulduke881 reply was too snarky but the initial answer from 10c is not very professional. 

@raoulduke881 like me asked specifically about shipping costs from the EU-store. Their answer was clearly focusing on shipping from the 10c-US-store. And it is a little bit frustrating if you get an answer which includes „did you see that we sell this item also from the EU-store?“ when you asked them about the high shipping FROM THE EU-STORE!

Sorry for the caps ;-)
    The reply was professional.  I think you’re more alluding to that it wasn’t an accurate answer and I think you’re right.  

edited October 2020
    on2legs said:
    The reply was professional.  I think you’re more alluding to that it wasn’t an accurate answer and I think you’re right.  
    Disagree on your disagreeing: I asked A + B and they replied with B + C instead. Their reply was not professional, because it was ooc.
    axeljohan said:

Ditto!
    @on2legs , the reality was very well pictured by @axeljohan .
    And as you can see, the subject of my initial message was

given the subject of my request, the kind tone of their apples to oranges reply is really not enough to defend them (you're free to do so, of course).
    It is adamant that they've been far from professional.

on2legs said:
    axeljohan said:

Sorry for the caps ;-)
    My take is that their initial answer was professional in form, but not in substance. As always I think substance is more important than form. 

Anyhow: I hope this mess gets sorted out or we at least get a final word from @Santos L. Halper on this matter. 
    axeljohan said:
    on2legs said:
    axeljohan said:

Sorry for the caps ;-)
    My take is that their initial answer was professional in form, but not in substance. As always I think substance is more important than form. 

Anyhow: I hope this mess gets sorted out or we at least get a final word from @Santos L. Halper on this matter. 
    Agreed 👍🏻

edited October 2020
    axeljohan said:
    [...] their initial answer was professional in form, but not in substance. [...] substance is more important than form.
    again, ditto.

• joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Has anyone tried contacting Music Glue directly? support@musicglue.com I think is the best place to go. It appears that 10C has effectively franchised the UK store and so are unable (maybe unwilling) to comment on what shipping policy Music Glue adopt. Maybe they can put some focus on why costs is so stupidly high.

It is a fact though that if this or any other item arrives at UK borders on or after 1st January 2021 there will be an import / export levy put on it unless the people in power can hurry up and strike a trade deal.
    I send an email to musicglue yesterday, no reply yet. 

And yes, if a no-deal-Brexit happens, import duties will make vault 10 even more expensive for EU-customers. This thing sounds like Nigel Farage‘s wet dream. 
    If import duties go on top of the current pricing structure then reasonable justification would seem impossible. I usually get decent customer support from Music Glue so it will be interesting to hear their explanation. 
  • If import duties go on top of the current pricing structure then reasonable justification would seem impossible. I usually get decent customer support from Music Glue so it will be interesting to hear their explanation. 
    I've tried six emails to musicglue after the tenclub pushed a customer errand over to them -- has not gotten a response. 

And the reason tenclub took on the errand, was because muscglue did not respond to me in the spring either,

So don't know what's up.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    axeljohan said:

And yes, if a no-deal-Brexit happens, import duties will make vault 10 even more expensive for EU-customers. This thing sounds like Nigel Farage‘s wet dream. 
      i made an order from musicglue ,i fuck up at color of shirt..order black,wanted white
    after 2 min email them if they can change the color..
    their reply after 5 min..
    "Sorry,we cant help u"

good luck to your email.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    axeljohan said:

i made an order from musicglue ,i fuck up at color of shirt..order black,wanted white
    after 2 min email them if they can change the color..
    their reply after 5 min..
    "Sorry,we cant help u"

good luck to your email.
    If you had asked to cancel the order they would cancel it for you. They cannot change a purchase order when created, only cancel. Strange that they did not tell you this Dimitri.
    edited October 2020
    I got an reply from musicglue. They say that the weight of the package and the tracked delivery cause the high fees. 

Still don‘t understand why the shipping is 5 EUR to the UK and 52 EUR to the EU. If 10c doesn’t do anything about this they should just call it the Ten Club UK store, because it clearly does not help people in the EU to „enjoy more efficient shipping“ as 10c claimed, when they opened this „UK/EU Store“. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • axeljohan said:
    I got an reply from musicglue. They say that the weight of the package and the tracked delivery cause the high fees. 

Still don‘t understand why the shipping is 5 EUR to the UK and 52 EUR to the EU. If 10c doesn’t do anything about this they should just call it the Ten Club UK store, because it clearly does not help people in the EU to „enjoy more efficient shipping“ as 10c claimed, when they opened this „UK/EU Store“. 
    When is this suppose to ship?
    axeljohan said:

thats bullshit 
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    axeljohan said:

When is this suppose to ship?
    The ship date on my order is 26th February but you would think if this is Brexit related that would have been part of the answer. Import taxes are usually settled by individuals on arrival at customs so if they had incorporated this to the cost that is a change and would surely have been confirmed. 

I just got a quote from Royal Mail for sending a 5Kg parcel to Germany. Not tracked cost was £38.04, tracked was £54.72!

Surely this set does not weigh in a 5Kg!!

Hopefully we can get some clarity soon.
    axeljohan said:

thats bullshit 
    Well, it is their answer. 
    axeljohan said:
    axeljohan said:

thats bullshit 
    Well, it is their answer. 
     well.im not ordering it.,thats my answer
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    axeljohan said:

thats bullshit 
    Yes it sure is. Yet you can have 6 copies shipped within the UK for £3.99
    Kearnsy
  • Why isn't this thread pinned anymore @Sea ?
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Too many rude comments in this thread. Please see the Posting Guidelines, especially #1 and #2.

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.