TEN CLUB UK/EU STORE!

Comments

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    edited October 2020
    Well, the second question is hard to answer, since no one knows how the relationship between EU and UK will be after Brexit. 

But a comment regarding the shipping costs or just lowering them to a „normal“ amount would be highly appreciated. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    axeljohan said:
    Well, the second question is hard to answer, since no one knows how the relationship between EU and UK will be after Brexit. 
    This assumption from you -- I wager, is not based on fact.

First of, it seems pretty well known how the relationship when it comes to this will work.

Second, ofc tenclub must have an idea for this and by using a partner for their store working from the UK/EU who obviously also have an idea of what they will/must do come january. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    I doubt they'll check upon a forum message, i think it's better to drop them a message via https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    this is the message i just sent, with a screenshot of the shipping rates asked by probity:

Hello (member XXXXXX),
    can you please do something about the grotesquely high shipping rates that UK/EU store asks for the Vault 10 vinyl set?
    I'd really love to purchase it, but i refuse to pay an astonishing 51,89€ of shipping from the UK to Italy for an item that costs 47€!

Sent. Thanks for the template. Everybody should do so.
  • raoulduke881raoulduke881 Rome, Italy Posts: 32
    JackD. said:
    Sent. Thanks for the template. 
    you're welcome  :)
    axeljohan said:

First of, it seems pretty well known how the relationship when it comes to this will work.

Second, ofc tenclub must have an idea for this and by using a partner for their store working from the UK/EU who obviously also have an idea of what they will/must do come january. 
    EU and UK are still negotiating about a possible trade deal. So, it is not well known, if customs will be applicable for goods shipped from UK to EU after Jan 1, 2021. 

Most of all, I think the issue of shipping costs can be solved easier than Brexit. I hope @Santos L. Halper agrees with me. 
    Folks, given that i'm not a brexit supporter, i don't think it has anything to do with this mess: if you see the experiment i've done yesterday when i simulated the purchase of Easy Street, you'll discover that it's very likely that Probity (as exactly as 10C) calculates shipping on a weight basis.
    I hope they'll fix this soon.

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Try to order a 4lp set from Metallica's EU/UK shop, also run by probitymerch. The shipping is much more reasonable 16 euros.
    https://metallica.probitymerch.com/products/s-and-m2-4lp-black-vinyl-set-2
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    Haha, they even increased the shipping cost to Germany. Instead of 51,xx it‘s now 52,xx.

What is going on?
    edited October 2020
    axeljohan said:
    axeljohan said:

EU and UK are still negotiating about a possible trade deal. So, it is not well known, if customs will be applicable for goods shipped from UK to EU after Jan 1, 2021. 

Most of all, I think the issue of shipping costs can be solved easier than Brexit. I hope @Santos L. Halper agrees with me. 
    Okey. We'll stand back your honour on that question. But any shipping service I've seen (DHL I'm sure) and the swedish post service have stated that it will swedish customs/Service charges on UK goods come next spring.  But what do I know. I thought that this years Vault would be Toledo 2004.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    JackD. said:
    Haha, they even increased the shipping cost to Germany. Instead of 51,xx it‘s now 52,xx.

What is going on?
    £4 to ship to Northern Ireland. Im just across the border in the Republic, €47 extra, so fecking annoyed by this.
    Kearnsy
    edited October 2020
    Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

This problem occurred on Saturday. And it is Wednesday now. And a lot of European fans are confused because of you NOT COMMUNICATING. I understand from the past that NOT COMMUNICATING is this fanclubs modus operandi in many cases (one could even argue history has shaped it into being a de facto "Brand Promise")  -- But come on.

IT HAS BEEN FOUR (4) DAYS SINCE YOUR NEWSLETTER AND THE SHIPPING PROBLEM

Get an intern to do it, if your zoom meetings are so stacked that you do not have ONE MINUTE (60 seconds).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

This problem occurred on Saturday. And it is Wednesday now. And a lot of European fans are confused because of you NOT COMMUNICATING. I understand from the past that NOT COMMUNICATING is this fanclubs modus operandi in many cases (one could even argue history has shaped it into being a de facto "Brand Promise")  -- But come on.

Get an intern to do it, if your zoom meetings are so stacked that you do not have ONE MINUTE (60 seconds).
    Bump
    Kearnsy
  • Can you, @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad take ONE MINUTE (60 seconds) out of your working day and respond to this?

It has now been seven (7) days (yes that is a full week) since the shipping issue  with zero communication from you on the issue @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad

And I'm guessing, that you are aware of the confusion in the fanbase concerning this, while choosing to stay silent? Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Also, what would be your reaction if you were on the other side of this type of complete communication void -- would be interested to get an answer to that question @Santos L. Halper  and/or @Rubysdad 
    I just got an answer to my email to 10c. They are explaining shipping costs with weight, brexit and undercharged shipping for past Vault releases.

I decided that, if those are supposed to be the reasons for 52€ (!!!) shipping from the UK to Europe, they don‘t deserve me as a customer.

Bought Moline on nugs and listen digitally.
    edited October 2020
    Also got an e-Mail, sounds like the one @JackD. got.

however, they referred me to musicglue regarding shipping costs from the EU-store. Which is kind of funny, because I specifically asked about shipping from the EU-store.

so my last hope is that @Santos L. Halper said, that they are looking into it. I hope, he will give an update on this here, otherwise I will have to sit this one out.
    I got the same ridiculous reply, which was:

There are a couple different reasons for the change in the Vault shipping fees this time around.

The first is that this, unlike previous releases, is a 4 disc set, adding enough weight to cross into the 5 lb (2.3 kilo) weight class. There is a significant increase in the shipping cost for that 1 lb jump.

Shipping rates almost always increase incrementally each year. Ten Club does its best to stand pat on our rates as long as possible, and in the past has drastically undercharged for Vault and other releases.

Furthermore, some time in the last year, the Universal Postal Union convened an Extraordinary Congress, a meeting of all nations, to review a shipping rate system that had been in place for almost 150 years, and move to a “self-declared” system with each country setting their own terminal dues. This provided each country an opportunity to raise rates where they deemed appropriate. This along, with actions such as Brexit, has resulted in increased shipping rates the world over.

The Vault is also available at our UK/EU store here - https://pearljam.probitymerch.com/products/a9e9c1a3-f32f-4a08-a38f-4c3eee0c673a
    For specifics on shipping fees in our EU/UK store, please contact service @ musicglue

Let us know if you have further questions.
    Thanks
    10c

and here's my reply:

Please, don't hide yourselves behind that Brexit thing: i still make orders from the UK yet paying much, much more reasonable shipping rates from the UK to Italy. Honestly it seems that you can't (or don't) want to do anything about this; well, let me tell you that the UK/EU store has currently no reason to exist: it's a joke. At this point not only i am happy to save some hard earned money not buying the vault vinyl, i'm also considering to leave the 10C after this year: a free t-shirt is not worth the expense.
    I think that they'll also have piles of unsold vinyl vault in the near future.

edited October 2020
    In what way has Brexit upped shipping charges?

It's not in effect yet(?).
    edited October 2020
    We ship from the US. Brexit has impacted shipping prices. This is why I included it in the discussion about shipping rates.

1) If you ship from the US, what is the reason of having an UK/EU store which was advertised for us europeans "to shop in local currency and enjoy faster, more efficient shipping", since shipping rates are the same?
    2) If you ship from the US, then why there are UK customers who were asked 3.99£ (signed delivery!!!) for that same package?

Just read the forum ( https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/270471/ten-club-uk-eu-store/p10 ): it's PLENTY of unsatisfied users who are willing to buy that vault set but refuse to spend those 55€ that probity asks. Maybe it's time to use an European Union based partner to really enjoy faster, (CHEAPER) more efficient shipping.

edited October 2020
    I got word for word the same answer as @raoulduke881

@Santos L. Halper posts at the forum on Friday that they are looking into this issue. On Monday morning, 10c sends out these e-mails. Are these mails the result of them looking into the issue or are they still trying to solve this mess?
    Post edited by axeljohan on
    axeljohan said:
    I got word for word the same answer as @raoulduke881

@Santos L. Halper posts at the forum that they are looking into this issue. On Monday morning, 10c sends out these e-mails. Are these mails the result of them looking into the issue or are they still trying to solve this mess?

I think they don't care that much.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    BREXIT has nothing to do with shipping rates,,,NOTHING 
    i order 3 kilos stuff 2 days ago from uk...shipping was 27 euros with tracking number.
    shipping cost has to do with what shipping company charges,thats all.
    a friend from uk said to me to order the vault and ship it tp me from her house.
    the shipping cost for the vault,5lbs aka 2.3 kilos is 22 euros with tracking ,in other words 30 euros cheaper than pj uk shop

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited October 2020
    10c should notice something is not right, if also Dimi is not buying their arguments. ;-)
    i order 3 kilos stuff 2 days ago from uk...shipping was 27 euros with tracking number.
    a friend from uk said to me to order the vault and ship it tp me from her house.
    the shipping cost for the vault,5lbs aka 2.3 kilos is 22 euros with tracking ,in other words 30 euros cheaper than pj uk shop

... yeah. Because they do not ship from UK or Europe. They ship from the US.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Well if they dont sort out this shipping cost from UK to other places in Europe then I guess I might purchase some extras. £3.99 is ridiculously cheap within the UK. The cheapest signed for 2nd class delivery of a small parcel (standard lp) within the UK is £4.10. This is going to be heavier so would be quite a bit more. Most artists stores would charge anywhere between £3.99 and £7.99.

I think 10c is only talking about shipping from the 10c-store. That why they say in their initial answer: „BTW, the vault is also available from the EU-Store, please address any questions about their shipping to musicglue“. 
    edited October 2020
    axeljohan said:
    I think 10c is only talking about shipping from the 10c-store. That why they say in their initial answer: „BTW, the vault is also available from the EU-Store, please address any questions about their shipping to musicglue“. 
    If this is the case, they do not deserve a single penny from my card: my message sent via support request had an explicit Please check with Probity Merch UK to EU store shipping rates as subject.
    The fact is that they know that shipping rates UK to EU are high because of brexit, and they can't and do not want to sort things out.
    I'm furious.
    Post edited by raoulduke881 on
    Another piece of detective work:

“our“ answer was also sent to people complaining about shipping from 10c-store to Canada. So I think they sent this answer to anyone complaining about shipping costs, no matter from the Euro-Store or the 10c-Store. 
    edited October 2020
    agree. a simple copy paste reply that didn't look deeper on the matter. yet, i am still waiting for them to answer my two questions.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

the european shop ships from uk,thats why its only 5 euros the shipping cost inside uk
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BREXIT has nothing to do with shipping rates,,,NOTHING 

I don't know what smell test this would pass.