I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2020

i was never a huge sabbath guy, but i recently read about an EP they sold at their The End tour, with 4 studio tracks not available anywhere else. do you have that?
    Noooooo. In fact, I don’t remember hearing of that EP. Now I have to do some research! 
    I am a Sabbath with Ozzy guy. Had all the CDs, now getting them on wax.  Everything up to Sabotage is good... then I’m out. 
    Awesome. I did the same. On vinyl it's a different beast. Snagged vol 4 a couple years ago from an Australian friend here in US. The last one I wanted. It is sooooo good. Enjoy. 
    And HFDillon give sabotage a listen. You may not like it still, but I find the more obscure sabbath songs speak to me. Paranoid, iron man, war pigs are good, but sabbath is so much more than that. Imo
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Loujoe said:

i was never a huge sabbath guy, but i recently read about an EP they sold at their The End tour, with 4 studio tracks not available anywhere else. do you have that?
    Noooooo. In fact, I don’t remember hearing of that EP. Now I have to do some research! 
    I am a Sabbath with Ozzy guy. Had all the CDs, now getting them on wax.  Everything up to Sabotage is good... then I’m out. 
    Awesome. I did the same. On vinyl it's a different beast. Snagged vol 4 a couple years ago from an Australian friend here in US. The last one I wanted. It is sooooo good. Enjoy. 
    And HFDillon give sabotage a listen. You may not like it still, but I find the more obscure sabbath songs speak to me. Paranoid, iron man, war pigs are good, but sabbath is so much more than that. Imo
    Damn rights Lou! It’s going to snow here all weekend so dark rum and wax it is 👍😎
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Loujoe said:

Damn rights Lou! It’s going to snow here all weekend so dark rum and wax it is 👍😎
    Great plan. Lemon Hart for me here in Calgary. 
  • May 30th said:
    Loujoe said:

Great plan. Lemon Hart for me here in Calgary. 
     Nice. I’ll have golf or football on mute. Multi-tasking. 
    I’m on a Colombian Rum - Juan Santos 
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Been a damn fine week of vinyl. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Like everyone else, I picked up a copy of Petty’s Wildflowers and All the Rest. Went with the 3LP set. I can stream the 9LP set and save a couple hundred bucks.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mickeyrat said:

Oh yeah.  OH OH YEAH!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Loujoe said:

Find yourself a bottle of Eldorado 25yo Demerara rum.  Absolutely delicious.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    Loujoe said:

Find yourself a bottle of Eldorado 25yo Demerara rum.  Absolutely delicious.
    I’ll see if it’s available in Canada. EDIT - $300 a bottle up here. Better be good lol. Noticed the 50yo is $4500 a bottle.  
     I must say I’m impressed with this 21yo Juan Santos. Very tasty. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    According to Discogs the only vinyl versions are unofficial bootlegs. It was a CD sold at shows I guess. 
    Pretty cool the last two songs are recorded in Hamilton ON

yes, sorry, didn't mean to imply it was on vinyl.

i saw that too. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mickeyrat said:

Nice. I just picked up Brothers and Sisters as well. Jessica is one of my happy songs.

GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

Nice. I just picked up Brothers and Sisters as well. Jessica is one of my happy songs.

1st year pressing too.

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

1st year pressing too.
    Is there a way to tell if it is a 1st year pressing. I am out of town now, but will look at mine when I get home if you have any clues about that. I got mine used as well.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Personalised signed copy of Lou Barlow’s EMOH record arrived today

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    edited October 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

1st year pressing too.
    Is there a way to tell if it is a 1st year pressing. I am out of town now, but will look at mine when I get home if you have any clues about that. I got mine used as well.

discogs lists the data found etched or stamped in the dead wax. pain in the ass searching through each of the various pressings in a given year but lets you know where it was pressed and all that.

you gotta look closely too, some etchings are so slight they can be missed.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

1st year pressing too.

discogs lists the data found etched or stamped in the dead wax. pain in the ass searching through each of the various pressings in a given year but lets you know where it was pressed and all that.

you gotta look closely too, some etchings are so slight they can be missed.
    Thanks for the info. When I get back in town I will take a look. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Little bit of an ordering mishap..

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    mrussel1 said:

Not a bad extra score.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    mrussel1 said:

ordering or shipping mistake?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ordering... all on me.  I'll be sending back the 2 seven records and keep the nine. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I really can't get over how perfect this set is. Its a new standard for Deluxe reissues IMO.

I really can't get over how perfect this set is. Its a new standard for Deluxe reissues IMO.

Everything the Petty team has done has been prefect honestly.  It's all been A+. But yes,  they raised the bar even higher with this one.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ordering... all on me.  I'll be sending back the 2 seven records and keep the nine. 

dunno man, if you can sit on them a minute, may be able to make a few bucks

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ha, I thought I was weird for ordering an extra 3LP..  ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    goldrush said:
    Personalised signed copy of Lou Barlow’s EMOH record arrived today

Nice!!! Congratulations!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

dunno man, if you can sit on them a minute, may be able to make a few bucks
    Yeah, I think the 7/9LP sets are gonna be massive this holiday season. But I also think in the next 6 months its gonna be OOP, with only the 3LP staying in print. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Is there a good website to buy vinyl?  I was looking for Black Crowes' Southern Harmony LP...Amazon lists it but people are saying the sound isn't good.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville