• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,175
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Damn...That Sasse recording was outstanding.  I don't know much about the background when/where/why but it seems like a prepared statement; no background noise, no "um" or "uh." Was it a phone call?  Just talking into his Iphone during halftime of an NFL game? 

It seems more like a "leak" than a leak.
    It was a conference calls with some supporters. I don't know if it's on this recording, but he was asked why he criticizes the president, and then launched into this. 
    there were 17,000 supporters involved, so they had to know it was 100% gonna leak.
    may have been calculated for a future "move up"
    He's absolutely a candidate in teh future, and he is to be reckoned with for the D's. 
    i heard people talking today that he is running for the white house in 2024. this may be his way of distancing himself from trump. but it is too late. he can never wash that stink off.
    He never embraced Trump.  He is in the same camp as Romney.

but he's voted in lockstep with him and McConnell.....
    He is a republican.  But he has avoided the Trump stain. He'll be a formidable candidate i think. 
    As a Nebraska resident and registered voter I will be happy to vote against him.
    Our local congressman is Don Bacon a real ass kising piece of shit. It gets interesting with their lawn signs together....

It's the best kind
    Bacon makes anything better.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    hey , PINO Fuckstick....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/neo-nazi-proud-boys-groups-001300794.html

• Officials in multiple states are taking aggressive steps to protect voters from efforts by Neo-Nazis and Proud Boys seeking to congregate near polling places...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    He's such an American patriot that he says he might leave the US if he loses the election. Now that's real love and devotion of country.

• And “rounding the corner.” Into another 220,000 dead Americans. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    dignin said:
    He's such an American patriot that he says he might leave the US if he loses the election. Now that's real love and devotion of country.

what he didnt say was which non-extradition country that would be
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    dignin said:

I heard Hell is nice this time of year.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Damn...That Sasse recording was outstanding.  I don't know much about the background when/where/why but it seems like a prepared statement; no background noise, no "um" or "uh." Was it a phone call?  Just talking into his Iphone during halftime of an NFL game? 

It was a conference calls with some supporters. I don't know if it's on this recording, but he was asked why he criticizes the president, and then launched into this. 
    there were 17,000 supporters involved, so they had to know it was 100% gonna leak.
    He's absolutely a candidate in teh future, and he is to be reckoned with for the D's. 
    i heard people talking today that he is running for the white house in 2024. this may be his way of distancing himself from trump. but it is too late. he can never wash that stink off.
    he voted against impeaching trump. he allowed the shit show to continue to save his own skin. do you not think that will be a huge target on his back during a campaign? if i were his opponent next cycle i would go out of my way to remind him and remind the public of that fact.

"i appreciate your criticism of my record. but i, and every one of these people here this evening remember that you failed to vote for impeachment."

every damn time i would hammer him with that.

to me there is nothing worse than a person who publicly defends trump, publicly votes with him or votes to defend him,  but talks shit on him in private. he must own his support of trump, or get out of politics. trust me, he is going to be hit with that, and that is going to discredit him long term. for his entire career.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,396
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

he voted against impeaching trump. he allowed the shit show to continue to save his own skin. do you not think that will be a huge target on his back during a campaign? if i were his opponent next cycle i would go out of my way to remind him and remind the public of that fact.

"i appreciate your criticism of my record. but i, and every one of these people here this evening remember that you failed to vote for impeachment."

to me there is nothing worse than a person who publicly defends trump, publicly votes with him or votes to defend him,  but talks shit on him in private. he must own his support of trump, or get out of politics. trust me, he is going to be hit with that, and that is going to discredit him long term. for his entire career.
    Yup.

I couldn’t give a shit about what John Kelly is supposedly saying in private. Say it publicly. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Yup.

I couldn’t give a shit about what John Kelly is supposedly saying in private. Say it publicly. 
    No doubt all that stood by and did zero to stop this idiot should be called out at every chance!

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    dignin said:

Absolutely! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:

It probably is. Great little town on Grand Cayman 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    dignin said:

go already

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:

what he didnt say was which non-extradition country that would be
    Little St. Jeff’s 
     https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-tennessee-mask-mandate-233347497.html

The White House quietly told Tennessee early this week that “a statewide mask mandate must be implemented" to curb its growing spread of COVID-19, strong instr...

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Glad the border is closed.  Keep trump out...

Send him to NK or Russia...

But honestly, the best place for him is in prison so far down that you need to pump light into his cell...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,604
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I'd say maybe impeachment hangs on him.  It will for Democratic voters, but that's not the right and center.  It wasn't overwhelmingly popular at any point, I don't believe.  So I don't know that it dings him up too badly.  

As far as General Kelly, I think he's supposed to be on the record at CNN tomorrow.  I'm guessing the CNN article was a teaser for the show, but we shall see. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3697599001
    He will get an opposing politician killed! I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet, POS president not even worth calling him human..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    What kind of fool is this?

'Captain Covid': crowdsurfing Democrat tries to stir Black support for Trump

When Vernon Jones, a Black Democratic state representative from Georgia, crossed party lines to deliver a passionate endorsement of Donald Trump at the Republican national convention, the party greeted him like a rock star. Now comes evidence the label has gone to his head.

At a Trump rally in Macon, Georgia, on Friday night, Jones launched arguably the most ill-advised and dangerous crowdsurf since the electro dance legend Steve Aoki broke a concertgoer’s neck in a dinghy.

Thumbs raised and not wearing a mask, the 59-year-old lawmaker launched himself into a mostly maskless audience. Riding a sea of red Maga hats, packed tightly together in contravention of Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention Covid-19 social distancing guidelines, the grinning Jones was passed overhead from deplorable to deplorable, to use a term for Trump supporters Jones cited in a tweet defending the stunt.

“Yes, I surfed that crowd!” Jones wrote. “To the haters – stay mad! You’ll be even more mad come 3 November.”

On social media, reaction was swift and brutal. One Twitter user dubbed Jones “Captain Covid”. Others denounced him as an idiot and a loser, living in fairytale land.

Republicans hope Jones, who was first elected to the Georgia state house in 1992, can help shore up the Black Republican vote in his state. Trump won Georgia from Hillary Clinton by more than five points in 2016, but recent polls show the president trailing Joe Biden by almost one and a half points.

Race has also emerged as a key theme in Georgia’s tightly contested US Senate contests, in which both of the Democratic candidates, Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff, hold narrow leads, according to Quinnipiac polling this week.

One of the Republican incumbents, David Perdue, was involved in an incendiary moment at Trump’s Macon rally when he mangled the name of Kamala Harris, Biden’s running mate, the first Black woman on a major party presidential ticket.

Perdue’s campaign claimed it was an innocent mistake but Ossoff, in an interview with MSNBC, attacked his opponent for “vile, race-baiting trash talk”.

In the other race, a special election in which Warnock, a Black pastor, faces both the Republican incumbent Kelly Loeffler and Doug Collins, a serving Republican congressman, the spectre of QAnon looms large. Loeffler has embraced the endorsement of the far-right congressional candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene, an enthusiastic peddler of baseless QAnon theories who has expressed racist views in social media posts.

At the Republican convention in August, as one of a number of first-night speakers of color to deliver a similar message, Jones tore into Democrats’ handling of racial issues.

“Why is a lifelong Democrat speaking at the Republican national convention?” he said, in a controversial speech he later said he intended to be “a culture shock”.

“The Democratic party does not want black people to leave their mental plantation. We’ve been forced to be there for decades and generations.”

Jones resigned his Georgia House seat in April, after first endorsing Trump. But he rescinded his decision days later, claiming he had received “overwhelming support”.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat got the bikers. He’s gonna ride them to victory. How’s that gubner of South Dakota doing now?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Workers in Chicago having a little too much fun!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :triumph: Sehr gut!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Workers in Chicago having a little too much fun!
    Looks like they had just the right amount of fun here.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • From today’s NYT. Sums it up quite nicely, a full section devoted to why Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat is not fit to be POTUS. So much winning and fruit from the poisonous tree. Tired of winning yet?

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited October 2020
    wrong thread
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• wrong thread
    How so?

Brilliantati©
    wrong thread
    How so?
    i thought i was posting in the "suggest any new bands" thread and I posted here by mistake, so i edited it out
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• wrong thread
    How so?
    i thought i was posting in the "suggest any new bands" thread and I posted here by mistake, so i edited it out
    Ahhhhhhh, more caffeine needed?

Brilliantati©
    wrong thread
    How so?
    Ahhhhhhh, more caffeine needed?
    i'm all outta cream. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.