Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Biden
    Well, if we just call all of those people "Crazy people who want to govern according to a book of fiction" and leave them alone out there, it could work.
    support in the church is dwindling, but it's still going to take a few generations for it to be gone. or just let the south secede and be done with it. 
    the south can't secede. they need that federal government money. the southern states take more in federal taxes than they pay in. those people are not going to support the drop in quality of life.
    people bitch and moan about higher taxes but willingly give half their money to people who build palaces in the name of a god that told them not to build palaces in his name. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Biden
    Well, if we just call all of those people "Crazy people who want to govern according to a book of fiction" and leave them alone out there, it could work.
    support in the church is dwindling, but it's still going to take a few generations for it to be gone. or just let the south secede and be done with it. 
    the south can't secede. they need that federal government money. the southern states take more in federal taxes than they pay in. those people are not going to support the drop in quality of life.

I don't think that's going to happen either.  I'm trying to picture the mass migrations that would happen if it did.  All those cool music types in Austin, New Orleans and Athens, GA having to jump ship.  All the right wingers from Hell Dorado, Alpine, Shasta, Tehama, Calaveras and Placer counties in California heading south.  Idaho setting up massively armed border patrols while they figure out how to drag their physically beautiful but sorry ass state south.  And all kinds of other craziness!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Biden
    you know it is bad when rupert murdoch is telling people to brace for a trump landslide loss. ben sasse said it could be a republican bloodbath. 

this could be an epic fall from grace for the gop.
    Unfortunately it won't be as bad as the GWB bloodbath and complete Dem control. I also don't see this lasting more than a couple years anyway. People have short memories and the GOP is good at changing the narrative.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    you know it is bad when rupert murdoch is telling people to brace for a trump landslide loss. ben sasse said it could be a republican bloodbath. 

Unfortunately it won't be as bad as the GWB bloodbath and complete Dem control. I also don't see this lasting more than a couple years anyway. People have short memories and the GOP is good at changing the narrative.
    Well...if they're able to make DC and Puerto Rico states though...

Also, I think the short memory thing is different this time around. You don't just forget Donald Trump...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Biden
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So Guthrie had a good night, eh?  
    Should have asked if Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat had ever paid for an abortion.
    Yikes!  
    I can't believe Trump said he didn't know what was wrong with his lungs while he had Covid.. as if he never bothered to ask or listen to the doctors.  

I changed the channel shortly after that.  Only so many bold faced lies one can listen to.

As someone who voted Republican more often than not...and would classify himself as Conservative on many issues as recently as the later part of 2015 (when I started to recognize that Trump was actually getting support for President), it is obvious to me that I can never go back.
    These people are fucking jokers.

I walked away from the party in the 90's after the Robertson fundies took over the party in my state, and have voted 3rd party for President for the past 30 years, but on Wednesday, November 9th 2016, I vowed I would vote for the Democratic nominee for president for the first time in my life in 2020 regardless of who they put up.
    Yesterday I got my ballot in the mail. Last night I filled out my ballot. This morning my ballot was dropped in an official drop box. True to my promise I'm Ridin' with Biden!

I went to early vote today and it felt far better voting for Biden than I ever could have imagined. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So Guthrie had a good night, eh?  
    Should have asked if Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat had ever paid for an abortion.
    Yikes!  
    I can't believe Trump said he didn't know what was wrong with his lungs while he had Covid.. as if he never bothered to ask or listen to the doctors.  

I changed the channel shortly after that.  Only so many bold faced lies one can listen to.

As someone who voted Republican more often than not...and would classify himself as Conservative on many issues as recently as the later part of 2015 (when I started to recognize that Trump was actually getting support for President), it is obvious to me that I can never go back.
    These people are fucking jokers.

I walked away from the party in the 90's after the Robertson fundies took over the party in my state, and have voted 3rd party for President for the past 30 years, but on Wednesday, November 9th 2016, I vowed I would vote for the Democratic nominee for president for the first time in my life in 2020 regardless of who they put up.
    Yesterday I got my ballot in the mail. Last night I filled out my ballot. This morning my ballot was dropped in an official drop box. True to my promise I'm Ridin' with Biden!

I went to early vote today and it felt far better voting for Biden than I ever could have imagined. 
    👍👍
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Biden
    tbergs said:

Well...if they're able to make DC and Puerto Rico states though...

Also, I think the short memory thing is different this time around. You don't just forget Donald Trump...
    people keep mentioning making DC and PR states like it's a quick floor vote on the senate. what is actually involved in making those two actual states?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Biden
    basically a joint resolution thats signed by potus...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Biden
    i went by the county polling place yesterday to try to vote. both times i went there were over 200 people in line. it is right down the street from my house so i am happy i am close. i called and talked to one of the workers. she said she gets in at 7:30 am and when she gets there there are usually only 5-10 people in line. i can maybe go early Monday or Tuesday and get it out of the way. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Biden' Twitter account has been great lately. 

Biden
    PJNB said:

my goodness that is fantastic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    vote later and discuss now!
    He’ll be known as the president who never took any responsibility for anything that happened during his presidency! Or his entire life all he seeks are accolades what a pitiful way to live.
  • First let me say - Biden is going to win.  It’s very clear.  I really don’t see a path for Trump.

But in the bizarre scenario that somehow Trump wins - would there be any clearer repudiation of the Obama Administration?  In theory, Obama resulted in Trump in the first place, then his VP loses to him.  

Again, it’s purely hypothetical as it’s not happening, but interested to see what others think. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Biden
    My wife and I just dropped off our ballots at a drop box.  The whole process was pretty damn easy, I honestly don't get the complaining.  We both are riding with Biden!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife and I just dropped off our ballots at a drop box.  The whole process was pretty damn easy, I honestly don't get the complaining.  We both are riding with Biden!
    👍👍
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    The complaining about what?
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom, just vote for Trump!
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mail in voting. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Biden
    First let me say - Biden is going to win.  It’s very clear.  I really don’t see a path for Trump.

But in the bizarre scenario that somehow Trump wins - would there be any clearer repudiation of the Obama Administration?  In theory, Obama resulted in Trump in the first place, then his VP loses to him.  

Again, it’s purely hypothetical as it’s not happening, but interested to see what others think. 
    how is it a repudiation on obama when trump lost the damn popular vote by 3 million votes? he won by electoral college fluke. don't get it twisted.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Long long línes in other states 
  • I'm sitting this one out
    PJNB said:

Haha. Made me laugh.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

but thats by choice to a degree.  we're talking early in person voting that just started.

its showing the dedication of those groups .......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Biden
    mvw said:
    All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom, just vote for Trump!
    @mvw Tell me why you support Trump.  I am genuinely intrigued.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    First let me say - Biden is going to win.  It’s very clear.  I really don’t see a path for Trump.

how is it a repudiation on obama when trump lost the damn popular vote by 3 million votes? he won by electoral college fluke. don't get it twisted.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't like Trump, but a 2.1% popular vote difference isn't exactly a runaway victory or put the outcome of the election in "fluke" status.  I wouldn't say that Trump or Clinton winning with a 2.1% margin would be a mandate by any means. Clinton did lose several Democratic leaning states that were a shock.   

I just don't think 2.1% is a runaway victory that people seem to think or imply it was.  She did have more but if you look at prior elections the margin was slim compared to most elections.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

but thats by choice to a degree.  we're talking early in person voting that just started.

its showing the dedication of those groups .......
    I agree 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mail in voting. 
    Ah. Well haven't you heard? Americans cant be trusted, especially with a democracy.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Biden

Was Obama's reelection some repudiation of Bush? The logic doesn't follow.  
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Was Obama's reelection some repudiation of Bush? The logic doesn't follow.  
    George Washington and abe Lincoln could have ran against Obama and they still would have lost.